What's new

‘Gen Bajwa is a successful army chief’ - Asad Umar defends tenure extension

CJP don't bring army decided decision in public and challenge them in civil courts with your article 184 power there are other areas you would suppose to use it but you didn't otherwise you will destroy the whole institute and this the only institute in-country making wall against our enemy. If there's no such a wall then Mr. CJP you won't even able to get a job of a peon in Hindu Dominance country. You are seeing the situation of 25 Crore Muslims in India. Pakistan Zindabad, Pak Army Zindabad.

It's not CJP's job to meddle with in army affairs regarding ranks. It's just a disruption Nawaz got away and as the truth comes out all eyes are on judiciary and Take a guess so here it's just a distraction nothing is going to happen nor it should be. I dont think its appropriate to ask serving Commander in Cheif to appear in front of court especially in country like Pakistan but on the good side it can set standards that if chief of armed forces is appearing in front of court then no one is above law.

Actually, only one 'goes wasted'. The rest will retire when they're supposed to, and new appointments will continue to be made. It is only one single position and therefore just one single General that is potentially impacted.
ok thanks for correction, but did we really need an extension?
Gen Raheels' great works being undone here

ok thanks for correction, but did we really need an extension?
Gen Raheels' great works being undone here
It's about perception.

Legally the COAS has no choice if the elected government insists on an extension, just like the COAS has no choice if the elected government demands a resignation.

At this point it's more about perception than reality - the reality is that Bajwa is completely replaceable because the Army as an institution is strong and there are plenty of other generals who can take his place.

The perception is that IK and Bajwa are on the same page and given the history of Army interference in politics, having a COAS that is perceived as being on the 'same page' is extremely helpful in shutting down rumors and creating stability.

No matter how successful, he have to go after his term ends. No need for him to love his chair like fckn politicians.

I see it like, because a person is very holy and religious, he should not die.

No matter how successful, he have to go after his term ends. No need for him to love his chair like fckn politicians.

I see it like, because a person is very holy and religious, he should not die.
It's not Bajwa's choice - at this point even if Bajwa wants to retire but the government doesn't want him to, the government can refuse to accept his retirement and insist on the extension.

It's about perception.

Legally the COAS has no choice if the elected government insists on an extension, just like the COAS has no choice if the elected government demands a resignation.

At this point it's more about perception than reality - the reality is that Bajwa is completely replaceable because the Army as an institution is strong and there are plenty of other generals who can take his place.

The perception is that IK and Bajwa are on the same page and given the history of Army interference in politics, having a COAS that is perceived as being on the 'same page' is extremely helpful in shutting down rumors and creating stability.
but there is another perception too, that this whole govt was engineered by the establishment, there are no doubts in my mind atleast, as i saw first hand mpas being pressurized and manipulated into joining pti

whatever happening not good for us, we as a nation cherish our army chiefs, a new one would have brought a fresh love for the army

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom