What's new

‘Gen Bajwa is a successful army chief’ - Asad Umar defends tenure extension

ASKardar

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

ISLAMABAD: Planning Minister Asad Umar said Tuesday General Qamar Javed Bajwa is a successful army chief, terming the government’s move to grant him tenure extension a suitable decision.

Speaking to ARY News host Kashif Abbasi in his programme, he said the government clarified its position as per the country’s constitution.

The country’s chief executive has to take a decision on an army chief’s tenure extension under Article 243, he said, adding the Supreme Court talked about ambiguity surrounding the extension but there is no such a thing as President Arif Alvi appointed Gen Bajwa as COAS for another three years on Prime Minister Imran Khan’s recommendation.

Umar said the government would prove its stance correct in the Supreme Court. He maintained the federal cabinet approved a new summary following the apex court’s objection to the procedure adopted for Gen Bajwa’s re-appointment.

He said it is imperative to respect courts, adding they didn’t want to get sucked into a war of principles.

The minister said Indian steps and regional situation are obvious to everyone. If the country is not in a state of war, it is on the verge of war, he stressed.

SOURCE: https://arynews.tv/en/gen-bajwa-army-chief-asad-umar-tenure-extension

CJP doesn't appear to agree to the government position. His today's observations are quite harsh and are indicating something very different.

CJ is just trying to make his mark in history before his retirement next month.

Had the CJ taken suo moto of Nawaz being sent abroad, or all Sahiwal attackers being declared innocent or a multitude of judicial anomalies during his tenure then I wouldn't have had an issue with suo moto as well. This move smacks of vindictive attitude and a "small man syndrome"

who made a mess of the tenure extension? is is farug naseem?

judges are party now they have own goods and bads likes and dislikes and they are political party as any other . its high time paksitani public demolish these courts as they are good for nothing

there was no need to extend the tenure, so many capable four star generals would go wasted

there was no need to extend the tenure, so many capable four star generals would go wasted
Actually, only one 'goes wasted'. The rest will retire when they're supposed to, and new appointments will continue to be made. It is only one single position and therefore just one single General that is potentially impacted.

Whatsapp in action.... have a listen to this SC reporter... and draw the conclusions... I am totally disappointed in SC which I have been supporting... Khosa might be in for some history making thing... to prove his independence at the cost of National Security

Whatever, this Khosa is doing, in good faith or bad, is reinforcing and strengthening the criminal mafia. This scoundrel, in ultimate analysis, has proven to be a good for nothing rascal. Now, it has become very difficult for Bajwa to continue.

You know... what saddens me... is that after loosing 80k Paks and a loss of $220Bln to PakEconomy... after all that loot and plunder... the Hybridwar on Pakistan could not succeed because of PakArmy and Our Security Services...

Do you remember how IHC gave the bail to Noora and NanniTweetni with its 45 pages verdict... never before in the history of Pakistan...

And this same CJP wrote his verdict reprimanding IHC pointing out flaws ...but kept the bail for Nooraz.

If you look closely.. this is in fact not about Bajwa... it is about demoralising the PA.... by Legal means...

All these Khooni Liberals and their Judges and NooraJudges...

This total strangelhold on our National Life by these Maffia... Judiciary/Lawyers/MarasiMedia/MarasiUnitedFront aka all political parties...

Khosa is doing his overreach in this case... the Chief Executive has the Right to appoint or sack anyone within the bounds of Law ...

But then there is no Lawfulness in Pakistan.

CriminalEnterprise is striking back with a vengence...

I fear ArshadMalikVideoGames was not the ONLY judge who is compromised... Noora Judges will always do what they are told!

Whatever happens tomorrow.... we as State cann't afford these mini gods who can do whatever they want!

In any case, in my view, IK and PA are under a severe and obnoxious attack, from this criminal mafia. Let us see, how they weather it. A disheartening condition. I think that Mullah Fuzla march, release of Noora, today's SCP proceedings, Pervez Musharraf's case conclusion, and many other recent happenings are interconnected and interrelated.

مائ لارڈ ایک سو موتو اس پہ بھی ہو جائے؟

78068439_2414360818676088_4455733930548527104_n.jpg

چیف جسٹس صاحب اگر بہادری ہی دکھانی ہے تو کچھ دھشتگردوں کو پھانسی کی سزا سنانے سے آغاز کریں؟
ہم بھی کہیں گے کہ عدالت نے اپنے پیسے حلال کئے اور ان ظالموں کو انجام تک پہنچایا جنہوں نے کتنے بیگناہوں کی زندگیاں اجاڑیں؟
ڈریں نہیں فوج جیسے پہلے آپ کو سکیورٹی فراہم کرتی تھی ، اب بھی کرے گی ۔

You know... what saddens me... is that after loosing 80k Paks and a loss of $220Bln to PakEconomy... after all that loot and plunder... the Hybridwar on Pakistan could not succeed because of PakArmy and Our Security Services...

Do you remember how IHC gave the bail to Noora and NanniTweetni with its 45 pages verdict... never before in the history of Pakistan...

And this same CJP wrote his verdict reprimanding IHC pointing out flaws ...but kept the bail for Nooraz.

If you look closely.. this is in fact not about Bajwa... it is about demoralising the PA.... by Legal means...

All these Khooni Liberals and their Judges and NooraJudges...

This total strangelhold on our National Life by these Maffia... Judiciary/Lawyers/MarasiMedia/MarasiUnitedFront aka all political parties...

Khosa is doing his overreach in this case... the Chief Executive has the Right to appoint or sack anyone within the bounds of Law ...

But then there is no Lawfulness in Pakistan.

CriminalEnterprise is striking back with a vengence...

I fear ArshadMalikVideoGames was not the ONLY judge who is compromised... Noora Judges will always do what they are told!

Whatever happens tomorrow.... we as State cann't afford these mini gods who can do whatever they want!

8-)
Bas kisi tareekay se yeh PTI-PA unity toot jaye. Kisi tareekay se Bajwa apni post se hut jaye. Kisi tareekay se IK ka tenure as PM khatam ho jaye.

PA to PPP k against thi pre 2000's, aur ab PML(N) k bhi against ho gayi. Ab na to PA kabooo aa rai hay, na Pakistan kaboo aa raha k IK k hathon mein chala gaya hay.

Ab kesay karen Pakistan to dobara apnay Kabzay mein? takay iss ko na sirf mil k khayen, balkay iss k tukray tukray kar den :p:

Chief Justice, if you want to show bravery, then start with the punishment of hanging on some criminals?
We will also say that the court has made their money halal and to the end of the unjust people who destroyed the lives of many innocent people?
Don't be afraid, as the military used to provide you with security, it still will.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom