whose policies were better for Pakistan

• Gen ayub khan

Votes: 21 38.9%
  • Gen Zia-ul-Haq

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • Gen Pervaiz Musharaf

Votes: 19 35.2%

• Total voters
they all had their rights and their wrongs....

it's true that country should never be run by non-civilians....

but every civilian govt. we have had was either un-patriotic and/or corrupt and/or straight-up INEPT and INCOMPETENT!

Results....character.....innovation....straight-forwardness & honesty....pragmatism....charisma...and of course wide-spread support

these are mere examples of characteristics of what we should expect from leaders.....

not slogan-shouting nincompoops.....!

thank you Abu Zolfiqar for your comments and participation, appreciate it a lot.

i agree with you that we always (unfortunately) have corrupt and in-competent civil govts in Pakistan. but (with all due respects) i think, even the presence of corrupt govt do not give right to any army personal to topple the civil govt and take control of the country. it is not their job and against the law as per our constitution too.

in my humble opinion, it is better if every one (including army and civil) stick to their jobs instead of sticking their noses in other institution s business. i think if they stick to their job descriptions, that will make many things in our country right. we should let democracy to run their course, and let the people see whom they are voting for and whom they should vote for in future.

anyways i appreciate your comments and active participation in this thread

regards

sincerely

Last edited:
We need Musharraf back, but we need the Musharraf who WILL fight the Taliban rather than peace treaty with them.

thank you Abu Zolfiqar for your comments and participation, appreciate it a lot.

i agree with you that we always (unfortunately) have corrupt and in-compitent civil govts in Pakistan. but (with all due respects) i think, even the presence of corrupt govt do not give right to any army personal to topple the civil govt and take control of the country. it is not their job and against the law as per our constitution too.

in my humble opinion, it is better if every one (including army and civil) stick to their jobs instead of sticking their noses in other institution s business. i think if they stick to their job descriptions, that will make many things in our country right. we should let democracy to run their course, and let the people see whom they are voting for and whom they should vote for in future.

anyways i appreciate your comments and active participation in this thread

regards

sincerely

Yeah!
You are right.
but we don't need politicians like we have today. We need to clean the system..people who did corruption should be dealt etc
If we have a good government with educated politicians than
a) Army wont interfere.
b) If army tries they will know the power of the government.

What we need is a benevolent dictator. It is in sync with our national psyche and the young population phenomena. But the question would be, who???

Yeah!
You are right.
but we don't need politicians like we have today. We need to clean the system..people who did corruption should be dealt etc
If we have a good government with educated politicians than
a) Army wont interfere.
b) If army tries they will know the power of the government.

i partially agree with your post

you are right that our politicians are bad and we need new ones.

i think, whenever the military comes in and topple the govt of these corrupt politicians before finishing their terms, that gives 2 advantages (atleast) to these politicians.

one, the army s repo goes down in the eyes of public which these politicians use for their benefit.

second, since the govt got topples in the middle and could not finish its tenure, the sympathies of the voters go with them and they come again and become our leaders.

i think, army and dictators should stay away and do their jobs and let the democracy takes it course. in pakistan, army is not letting democracy take its course by toppling the govt one after another. we should let the people decide not the army about the fate of our govt and leadership

regards

Hmm, Musharraf should have implemented the death sentence for corruption. That would be more than enough to scare the crap out of politicians.

even that wouldnt scare them

that's how short-sighted they are

In my opinion we have to be practical. We do not want to scare them instead hang them till death. Some people should be hanged, shoot, and few should be put on fire until they die..
It is harsh but it will set an example and history will be written in golden words

right a letter to all major newspapers outlining why you think such a strategy would work.

I personally don't have too many objections :):)

In my opinion we have to be practical. We do not want to scare them instead hang them till death. Some people should be hanged, shoot, and few should be put on fire until they die..
It is harsh but it will set an example and history will be written in golden words

is this a practical approach? are you sure

regards

is this a practical approach? are you sure

regards

It's been 63 years now...We have same faces, same problems..PML-N or PPP....most of the other parties were a result of revolt inside PPP or PML N....
People should stand up for their rights....We can bring the change...If 1000's of people died or if 1000's of people are suffering from the decisions made by Zardari and his gov as in no electricity, inflation..you name it...than why should we avoid to hang few people?

If millions of Pakistanis are tensed than I think hanging couple of hundred people is not a big deal!

There are many other "peaceful" solutions like life time jail etc but we don't need that. It is OVER now!
We gave them many years now they deserve death.
If we want to become a nation...if we want our history to be written in golden words than we have to do few things...It is not easy to hang people but the things they did are no jokes or small things....
Everyone is tired now!
Elite class is fine..their children are fine..politicians are fine but do not forget there are more poor people than elite class...
Should we make policies for elites or poor?
Anyways, in my opinion we gave them many chances now they should be hanged and few should be put on fire...
Yeah put on fire!
I am not mentally sick nor I am affected by gov policies but I feel the pain of poor people!

Last edited:
It's been 63 years now...We have same faces, same problems..PML-N or PPP....most of the other parties were a result of revolt inside PPP or PML N....
People should stand up for their rights....We can bring the change...If 1000's of people died or if 1000's of people are suffering from the decisions made by Zardari and his gov as in no electricity, inflation..you name it...than why should we avoid to hang few people?

If millions of Pakistanis are tensed than I think hanging couple of hundred people is not a big deal!

There are many other "peaceful" solutions like life time jail etc but we don't need that. It is OVER now!
We gave them many years now they deserve death.
If we want to become a nation...if we want our history to be written in golden words than we have to do few things...It is not easy to hang people but the things they did are no jokes or small things....
Everyone is tired now!
Elite class is fine..their children are fine..politicians are fine but do not forget there are more poor people than elite class...
Should we make policies for elites or poor?
Anyways, in my opinion we gave them many chances now they should be hanged and few should be put on fire...
Yeah put on fire!
I am not mentally sick nor I am affected by gov policies but I feel the pain of poor people!

my dear friend

i appreciate your opinion, participation and patriotism.

by hanging them or putting them in fire will not solve the problem, in my opinion because their loyal voters will come out on the streets and there will be a chaos in the country and i think we can not afford another chaos in Pakistan after the mess taliban has created for us already. moreover, this solution is once again dictatorship type sloution where one person is making all the decisions and west whatever they want they just have to deal with one person only (the worst senario of the dictatorship).

i am not in favor of our politicians and i admit that they are biggest crooks and corrupts of our country but if we give the demoracy a chance to take it course and let the assemblies finish their tenures without problems, i think people will understand their leaders characteristics and chose a better leader next time. just my solution of the problem which do not involve military coupe. please feel free to express your opinion.

thank you for your participation once again

regards

Back
Top Bottom