What's new

GDP Purchasing Power Parity 2014

This is one list I haven't heard Indians brag about.......

India will outpace Zchina by 2035???? I wonder how accurate is this statement.. LOL

Well first of all it's a forecast (read 2035 Outlook) so only god knows, secondly that refers to growth % which is in principle fair for less developed countries to catch up faster relative to more developed ones.

Take Electricity Production as an example:
  • By now the world has a total electricity production capacity over 23,127,000 GWh per year. Other than EU which produces 14.1% of world total, 16 other countries have annual production capacity over 200,000 GWh per year. China tops the world at 5,649,500 GWh (24.4% of world total), followed by USA at 4,260,400 GWh (18.4%).

elec-production-png.214156

Just because India is in 4th place, PPP should be ignored :lol:

By the way what is education?

PPP doesn't consider the industry product price.
for example, a laptop is sold nearly the same price in the US and India, but the price level doesn't include it.

besides, let's say that the bus price in the US is more expensive than India. But the buses in the US are better and cleaner than India, price level doesn't consider the comfort but only price.

Ok...Why do you think PPP is not appropriate? Why do you think IMF and World Bank invest so much in calculating PPP. I know for sure that they employee some of the superstar economists in calculating PPP and refining the methodology. Are IMF and World Bank wrong? Why do macroeconomists give more credence to PPP over nominal in calculating how people living standards improved?

How is PPP different from nominal? How is PPP calculated? Can you answer?
Because Yuan is not fully market controlled. Since the exchange rate is artificially set, it is going to skew the data one way or other...

it doesnt make any sense to me``on top of my head, there are at least 3 ways to set a McDonald's burger price in China````so if I were a chief accountant, i'd throw this methodology into bin without a hesitation

Because Yuan is not fully market controlled. Since the exchange rate is artificially set, it is going to skew the data one way or other...
hence PPP is useless to us, and in India's case, due to its primitive economy and industry level, it has to buy almost everything from others```so it is useless to India too, but PPP does make soem of your people sleep well :D

Its called fiscal responsibility. I personally like having over $100k in liquid cash in my bank account , whenever i need it. You have to save to attain that. As they say, "a penny saved is a penny earned."

Talking to the wrong guy. I don't think he cares. With the money he (his family) has, he can probably buy the entire New York city.

it doesnt make any sense to me``on top of my head, there are at least 3 ways to set a McDonald's burger price in China````so if I were a chief accountant, i'd throw this methodology into bin without a hesitation

hence PPP is useless to us, and in India's case, due to its primitive economy and industry level, it has to buy almost everything from others```so it is useless to India too, but PPP does make soem of your people sleep well :D
Looks like rest of the world is "primitive" except china... but idiocy aside, without PPP, you can't know the extent of economy....

PPP is more about potential size of the economy
While GDP is more about current size and quality of the economy..
For a developing big country, the PPP of India maybe quite big.
But due to lower economy quality, it can hardly transfer high PPP into high GDP.

PPP makes no sense most of the time. Forget about it!

but I share an apartment with 2 South Korean Idiots, and Drive a Ford Taurus

I'd love to hear this story

So how much manufacturing capability and value of Bangladesh?

A couple of walmart shirts.

Well he could be saving. Prior to me buying a house, I had a room mate and lived in a 3 bedroom apartment. Mind you i make close to $200,000 USD.

Let's just say that in the 4 years that i rented an apartment, I was able to save the money and able to put down 50% downpayment on a house that is worth $300,000.

Its all about fiscal conservancy, dude. Save so you can buy the big boy's toys later on.

:)

People without money just don't understand. My grandparents were millionaires. If you looked at how they lived you would think they came from the slums.

I find people who spend $$$ are usually $30k millionaires. They fund purchase through debt.

This is one list I haven't heard Indians brag about.......

India will outpace Zchina by 2035???? I wonder how accurate is this statement.. LOL
You cannot take a forecast seriously, only existing datas are reasonable. But we can't make other people not to take it seriously, it's their matter.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom