What's new

GDP 4.1pc grows five years high

I agree that WB 6.1% is exagerated, but what are you saying about libel case is 100% untrue in Pakistan :D Other wise 90% of news papers/ tv channels will be banned over night.

Whose fault is that? If the government does not open a case heavenly powers wont come and do it for them. The reason cases are not filed is because they feel the news will run its course and the idiots wont do anything. Rather than aggravate the situation and have damning evidence come forward. Lots of cases have been filed and stories retracted. So 100% untrue is not the correct number. You could have said 90% for accuracy.

Unless you think World bank is pro Paksitan

Beside this the Growth rate,GDP PPP,GDP Nominal figure for 2013 are only updated late last month.IMF still hold the 2012 Growth rate for Pakistan(Google trend)

Pakistan 2013 Growth rate revised to 6.1%: World Bank

Country and region specific forecasts and data

Take a look at Pakistan in the menu. Same World bank website.

Last edited:
GDP growth (annual %) | Data | Graph

Well sir if they report is not released,How the writer got the info?

He should have not opened his mouth as long as the official report is not revealed.

Post the MFEP MOU with IMF and everyone will believe it.

This is the problem with the Pakistani qoam.They will never ever accept even if they are growing positive
oaSpPkm.png

Last edited:
They were expecting a sub 3% growth in 2013/14 so 3.3% is a decent number.

They did not publish this on gov.pk and skipped straight to July 1st. Thank you for the link.

@Shabaz Sharif and @farhan_9909. Here is that letter with signatures.

P.S - I have made a grave error. I had given this letter in my first post. It is dated 1st July on the link but the letter was sent on June 19th. So it is my bad on assuming that they had not published this letter on the site.

So GoP figure from July-March 4.1% GDP growth and July-February 3.3% given to IMF? o_O In IMF report they say only first 8 months. :wacko: Lets wait for proper full FY data which comes around octuber.

So GoP figure from July-March 4.1% GDP growth and July-February 3.3% given to IMF? o_O In IMF report they say only first 8 months. :wacko: Lets wait for proper full FY data which comes around octuber.

Sure we can wait till october. Looking at the numbers you quoted what would you say is likely to happen? We can all safely assume that all saudi aid + 3g money + privatization money will end up as earnings to be shown to the pakistani population. I would advice against waiting for any official numbers given by the government without cross checking them with our lenders. They cant lie to them.

@Shabaz Sharif and @farhan_9909. Here is that letter with signatures.

P.S - I have made a grave error. I had given this letter in my first post. It is dated 1st July on the link but the letter was sent on June 19th. So it is my bad on assuming that they had not published this letter on the site.
Ithink the letter on the gov. pk website is dated December 2013 but was put on the website on 1st July 2014.

Ithink the letter on the gov. pk website is dated December 2013 but was put on the website on 1st July 2014.

Oh My, Correct. December 5th. and this one is even worse. I have confused myself good and proper.

We now expect growth to reach about
2¾ percent for FY 2013/14 as a whole. Risks to
growth remain on the downside.

Back
Top Bottom