What's new

Gazprom Signs Deal for 49% in Vietnam Offshore Project

Isn't that what we predicted couple of days ago? Involvement of Russians will further strengthen the claim of Vietnam over those blocks in question. Bdw can we bring US too? :D

The collaboration between Vietnamese companies with companies from Russia, India, America ... for oil exploration within Vietnam's EEZs would be normal if China respects international laws, respects UNCLOS1982 which it was a signatory.

Bro, Exxon has been operating in the waters of Vietnam for long time.

Exxon Makes Find off Vietnam
October 25, 2011, 2:35 p.m. ET
By ISABEL ORDÓÑEZ

HOUSTON—Exxon Mobil Corp. XOM +1.50% said it found oil and gas off Vietnam's central coast, raising hopes that the South Asian nation will be able to reverse a decline in fossil-fuel production and exports.

Exxon said it drilled its second exploratory well off the coast of Danang City in August and found hydrocarbons. A company spokesman said Tuesday that data from the well, located in an area known as Block 119, are being analyzed.

The company said the first well it drilled in offshore Vietnam didn't encounter oil and gas. Exxon, which is based in Irving, Texas, didn't disclose additional details.

Exxon's discovery is important for Vietnam, which is trying to boost its oil and gas production as the country's aging fields fail to meet growing domestic demand. Vietnam, a net oil exporter and the third-largest oil producer in South Asia, started awarding exploration rights in 2004 to companies from the U.S., Canada and India.

For Exxon, the world's largest publicly traded oil company by market value, the find is good news as limited access to new resources makes it difficult for major oil companies to increase production and replace reserves.

"It's hard to know how significant this find is for Exxon because we don't know the size of it, but it's definitely positive for a company to have a discovery in a region many people believe could be very prolific," said Phil Weiss, an analyst at Argus Research.

The discovery lies in the South China sea, where Vietnam has rich oil reserves. State-run PetroVietnam and international oil companies already produce at several major fields in the area.

A number of companies recently have found oil in the region, including Malaysia's Petroliam Nasional Bhd., U.K.-based Premier Oil PMO.LN -0.82% PLC, Russia's Gazprom OAO and France's Total TOT +3.73% SA.

China is embroiled in a dispute with Vietnam, Taiwan, Malaysia, Brunei and the Philippines about territorial rights in the South China Sea. China, which claims all of the South China Sea including the Paracel archipelago east of Danang, in 2008 asked Exxon to abandon an exploration deal in the seas off Vietnam, according to local media. It wasn't clear if Block 119 was covered by that request. Exxon declined to comment on the reports.

Exxon Finds Oil, Gas off Vietnam's Coast - WSJ.com

Isn't that what we predicted couple of days ago? Involvement of Russians will further strengthen the claim of Vietnam over those blocks in question. Bdw can we bring US too? :D

You are correct. Bringing US into equation strongly along with India and Russia will be helpful for Vietnam.

viets should go with russia rather than americans.it will give more confidence to indian involvement since india dont trust U.S

nope..in this case,US involvement is much needed for Vietnam than Russia's...because US is pivoting in Asia,and Russia has no burden to support Vietnam/Philippines on SCS other than just 1/2 oil rigs..plus,US' involvement in Vietnam's oil fields is none of our business...right???

nope..in this case,US involvement is much needed for Vietnam than Russia's...because US is pivoting in Asia,and Russia has no burden to support Vietnam/Philippines on SCS other than just 1/2 oil rigs..plus,US' involvement in Vietnam's oil fields is none of our business...right???

i wrote abt indian involvement and i m right about it...Chinese have doubts on indian capability and few of their analysis says that india will be the first who will drop weapons in scs.Russia wants its route to asia too or asean so if viets offer them base then russians can go ahead too..china cant do shitt against russia and it will bring more prosperity in region.

Viets too have confusion in their mind i.e how much we offer to other countries against china.Either we are really against china or not?
i remember that viets earlier denied TATA for steel factory coz other company was chinese and viet govt have chinese influence.so they denied at that time.Every thing depends on viet offer to other countries..No body is mad that they will ram against china which is big power in region so does U.S n russia or india...so think wisely about it.

We have to accept that only joint effort in scs can put some weight against china otherwise china will eat the scs alive,there is no challenging power in scs.

so its brainstorm for vietnam and they shud decide that are they ready to be enemy of china?? and its huge risk.

so its brainstorm for vietnam and they shud decide that are they ready to be enemy of china?? and its huge risk.

China leaves no option other then to become strong. Only two options,
1)become client state like north korea
2)be strong and project enough power to deter chinese

if you try to be good and go for negotiation (without having deterrent power) the chinese wont listen, and will barge in and take your resources (considering you weak).

ONLY POWER COUNTS

Analogy:

Try negotiating to not to rob your home with a burglar in your home armed with a gun while you are unarmed.

China is like that only - a Burglar attitude.

i wrote abt indian involvement and i m right about it...Chinese have doubts on indian capability and few of their analysis says that india will be the first who will drop weapons in scs.Russia wants its route to asia too or asean so if viets offer them base then russians can go ahead too..china cant do shitt against russia and it will bring more prosperity in region.

Viets too have confusion in their mind i.e how much we offer to other countries against china.Either we are really against china or not?
i remember that viets earlier denied TATA for steel factory coz other company was chinese and viet govt have chinese influence.so they denied at that time.Every thing depends on viet offer to other countries..No body is mad that they will ram against china which is big power in region so does U.S n russia or india...so think wisely about it.

We have to accept that only joint effort in scs can put some weight against china otherwise china will eat the scs alive,there is no challenging power in scs.

It seems you are little confused.

TATA has not been licensed because with a large steel plant, we are not enough power to supply it.
Last year, Vietnam has been a serious power shortage due to drought. In this year, situation much better.
It seems that TATA is being considered for licensing $ 5 billion investment in Vietnam.

As I said above, it is very common in the investment cooperation between the countries with advanced technology higher and Vietnam in the exploration and exploitation of oil and gas in Vietnam's EEZs.
This not only takes place at sea, it also takes place in a very normal in the cities of Vietnam.

If tomorrow, Beijing announced that Hanoi is its territory, so other countries will not dare to Hanoi to invest because they fear China?

If a thug goes to your house and rape your wife, you will not do anything because do not want to challenge him? I know in the life also there are some such a coward.

We want to cooperate with all countries based on win-win benefits. Dont confuse that we invite you to come to "anti-Chinese".

We dont expect any country to sacrifice their interests for us, or they fight for us.
We also dont want to challenge China, we are simply protecting the legitimate interests of ours, what are recognized by international laws.

If we are cowards, perhaps now VN is a province of China, like Tibet, Xinjiang ...

It seems you are little confused.

TATA has not been licensed because with a large steel plant, we are not enough power to supply it.
Last year, Vietnam has been a serious power shortage due to drought. In this year, situation much better.
It seems that TATA is being considered for licensing $ 5 billion investment in Vietnam.

As I said above, it is very common in the investment cooperation between the countries with advanced technology higher and Vietnam in the exploration and exploitation of oil and gas in Vietnam's EEZs.
This not only takes place at sea, it also takes place in a very normal in the cities of Vietnam.

If tomorrow, Beijing announced that Hanoi is its territory, so other countries will not dare to Hanoi to invest because they fear China?

If a thug goes to your house and rape your wife, you will not do anything because do not want to challenge him? I know in the life also there are some such a coward.

We want to cooperate with all countries based on win-win benefits. Dont confuse that we invite you to come to "anti-Chinese".

We dont expect any country to sacrifice their interests for us, or they fight for us.
We also dont want to challenge China, we are simply protecting the legitimate interests of ours, what are recognized by international laws.

If we are cowards, perhaps now VN is a province of China, like Tibet, Xinjiang ...

I am not confused.I read article few months ago and i talked wid u( i think or some other viet on this forum).
There is chinese influence on viet leadership and last year they were talking to give space for investment in vietnam but again there are few very pro chinese leaders in viet ministry who cant ignore and they had doubt that it may anger china.so i m clearly telling you that your ministry is confused one n have doubts where to go n not to go.

you will have to fight,coz chinis wont give u a meter in scs and its upto u to bring others on board.i heard that chinese dont bargain at all...so dont expect from them.so utilize ur resources and be clear with ur objectives.

Dont play like sri lanka is playing with india n china...

I am not confused.I read article few months ago and i talked wid u( i think or some other viet on this forum).
There is chinese influence on viet leadership and last year they were talking to give space for investment in vietnam but again there are few very pro chinese leaders in viet ministry who cant ignore and they had doubt that it may anger china.so i m clearly telling you that your ministry is confused one n have doubts where to go n not to go.

you will have to fight,coz chinis wont give u a meter in scs and its upto u to bring others on board.i heard that chinese dont bargain at all...so dont expect from them.so utilize ur resources and be clear with ur objectives.

Dont play like sri lanka is playing with india n china...

You're talking about the investment of TATA? China does not have any significant steel companies in Vietnam, except a very small plants.
There is no reason we discourage other countries because China.
Currently China is not even in the top10 countries investing in Vietnam.

On the SCS dispute, certainly, we will work with China and other claimants, not with countries from other regions. But the voices of those who dare to say things right or wrong, is an important thing.

I dont know what the problem between Sri Lanka with India's what, but if the countries to resolve all disputes based on the provisions of international laws and common international practices, then every problem will be solved peacefully.

You're talking about the investment of TATA? China does not have any significant steel companies in Vietnam, except a very small plants.
There is no reason we discourage other countries because China.
Currently China is not even in the top10 countries investing in Vietnam.

On the SCS dispute, certainly, we will work with China and other claimants, not with countries from other regions. But the voices of those who dare to say things right or wrong, is an important thing.

I dont know what the problem between Sri Lanka with India's what, but if the countries to resolve all disputes based on the provisions of international laws and common international practices, then every problem will be solved peacefully.

yeah..i was talking about tata.It was 5 billion investment so the article was about chinese concerns.
2)for black bold part,you can surely talk wid china but if they listen.i said that they wont give u n bring more military there and they robbed islands earlier too and they have arrogant attitude and they know that only powerful regime in scs in U.S..rest of them can be threatened easily.so u will have to bring other powers...well,let the time pass..we will see more.

3)For red bolded part,you can dare to say only if u have backing of some other powers and there is no power in region called east asia.Todays war are fought wid smthing else ....so u shud try to bring more powers in region even from europe or nato...
watever possible....

Earlier u had U.S but now many other like india,australia etc are planning wid U.S policy of shifting force in pacific.so u r going good presently..

Give some deals to U.S :enjoy: and give them port for landing...:D

now not only Russian investment but also a Russian Naval Base is coming all the way to Vietnam...:yahoo:
Hope this might help to shut some peoples mouth here..:azn:

i would like to see sinochallenger's response, but sadly he is banned.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom