What's new

Gays, Lesbians To Stage Protest On India’s Republic Day -Demand Equal Rights, Reversal Of Recent Ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Gays, Lesbians To Stage Protest On India’s Republic Day
Demand Equal Rights, Reversal Of Recent Ban On Gay Sex

NEW DELHI, Jan 25, (AFP): Hundreds of gay and lesbian Indians will take to the streets of New Delhi on Sunday, demanding equal rights and a reversal of the recent ban on gay sex as the country celebrates its Republic Day. Members of various rights groups and civil society activists will also join the protest march that will kick off in the heart of the city’s business district after the Republic Day celebrations wind up. “We want to ask the government if we are included in India’s current idea of a republic,”

Mohnish Malhotra, one of the organisers of the parade, told AFP. “The government has failed in its constitutional duty to protect and advance gay rights,” he added. Gay sex had been effectively legalised in 2009 when the Delhi High Court ruled that a section of the penal code prohibiting “carnal intercourse against the order of nature” was an infringement of fundamental rights. But last month, India’s apex court ruled that the High Court had overstepped its authority and that a law passed in the 1860s during British colonial rule was still valid. Criminal prosecutions were rare when the law was previously in force, but police used it to harass people and demand bribes.

Even though there are more urgent problems awaiting National attention, I still think the Supreme court judges were stoned when they made the ruling.

I support their cause. But I am in New Zealand and can only offer support from here :sad:

Even though there are more urgent problems awaiting National attention, I still think the Supreme court judges were stoned when they made the ruling.

I support their cause. But I am in New Zealand and can only offer support from here :sad:
court did not rule against gays, they simply refused to intervene to change law.
I welcome that, although I am in support of gay rights, it should come from a legislation made in parliament, not by supreme court. They are here to follow the law not make new laws.

court did not rule against gays, they simply refused to intervene to change law.
I welcome that, although I am in support of gay rights, it should come from a legislation made in parliament, not by supreme court. They are here to follow the law not make new laws.

Yes.

Then, how long is it gonna take though?

Well I know I got to be grilled after this but - I totally support SC's ruling on it - homosexuality is unnatural - India should rather stay away from it - It Violates Natural Law - You can't simply turns a Moral Wrong into a Civil Right! Its better that we stay away from it #Long Live Section 377!!!!

Supreme Court verdict was correct. I believe we should not criminalize homosexuality but also not legalize or indirectly promote it, let it stay in the closet

Why not legalise it? Why not? If straight people can have rights why not homosexuals? What is wrong with being gay?

Everything the west throws up is not good, you need to recognize the good from bad, If they want to be homos let them be at their homes and clubs, why they want legal sanctions? Legalizing homos now, what next, pedophillia, bestiality,rape in future be legalized?

Everything the west throws up is not good, you need to recognize the good from bad, If they want to be homos let them be at their homes and clubs, why they want legal sanctions? Legalizing homos now, what next, pedophillia, bestiality,rape in future be legalized?

LOL homosexuality Vs paedophilia and rape? Really? You've got to be kidding me. The west "threw up" homosexuality? haha

LOL homosexuality Vs paedophilia and rape? Really? You've got to be kidding me. The west "threw up" homosexuality? haha
Yes west threw up many perversions and Homos are one of that branch.Dont you get it Nature didnt give men pus*y so they can get fcked by other men Don't tell me nature is wrong and don't tell me they were born like that, they have a hormonal imbalance and probably screwed up in minds along with growing up in a different social environment.( environmental,society plays a factor too).

Why not legalise it? Why not? If straight people can have rights why not homosexuals? What is wrong with being gay?
That what I don't get about homophobia if youre not gay why does it bother people if someone is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom