What's new

Gas pipeline: Iranian firm offers to completely finance and construct Pakistan’s side

Build the pipe as we have no choice. Ignore the nay sayers!!

I really do not want any sectarian emotions to muddle our national thinking. We do want gas and Iran is the closest neighbor who can sell us gas to satisfy our national energy needs. A lot of Pak-Iran gas line in their country has alrady been built. Making pipelines sponsored by US, through remote Afghan mountains is going to be a far taller feat.

We do need a fair agreement on the price of gas from Iran. To me, this is the only issue.

Talk of marxism or anti-west egos is totally irrelevant. As an aside, Iran is far more than Ayatullahs.

Everyone wants gas.

The idea is how you gonna pay the hard cash aka Dollars and Euros for it?

Naysayers show reality

Pipeline Ayatullahs make false stories. That pipeline is just on the other side of the moutain. It will be here tomorrow. It is just coming a bit slower than expected.

20 years on and the same story of Ayatullah pipeline keeps on resurfacing over and over and over.

It is a like a man dying of hunger is laying under an apple tree, waiting for the apple to fall in his mouth.

hahahaha

One company is owned by a relative of my friend, and there are few more!
I would not give out names so easily, else you will send TTP to bomb them.
Company does not plan to raise $1.8 billion but may offer to do all job in $250 million.

Yes, I have a direct hotline with TTP commanders.

And yes, in Pakistan family owned businesses that haven't had an IPO somehow have magically obtained incredible engineering capabilities and core competencies.

I know about a company DESKON that are decently sized.

Contract signed by Mr. 10% during his last days, same like BB signed IPP deals and took big kick backs and today, tax payers are paying through there noses to the IPPs.

It definitely, hurts all Zardari clan when transparency is demanded.

Anyhow, no point to comment until the contract is made transparent.

Iran cancels Pakistan gas pipeline loan - DAWN.COM

Deputy Oil Minister Ali Majedi says Iran has no obligation to finance the Pakistani side of the project and also doesn't have the money. Majedi’s comments were posted on the oil ministry's website, shana.ir, Saturday.

"Pakistani officials were told in recent talks that, given the sanctions, Iran is not able to finance construction of the pipeline (in Pakistan) and has no obligation to do so," he said.

Yes, I have a direct hotline with TTP commanders.

And yes, in Pakistan family owned businesses that haven't had an IPO somehow have magically obtained incredible engineering capabilities and core competencies.

I know about a company DESKON that are decently sized.

You know all about Pakistan....! anyhow, DESCON International is one company, and there are more.... but surprisingly, no Pakistani member of this forum is happy in award of contract of Pakistani side pipeline (pipe dream) to a well known Pakistani company.

When i say 'Iran loyalists' than it is a small word.

Hi sir'
This is a capable company,
:: PetroGas Jahan ::

this is what your company website claim:

PETROGAS has been responsible for the execution of whole or part of the following projects:
Item

Subject

Type

Client

Engineering & supervising services of construction of Nar gas compressor station

Project supervision & management

Iran Central Oil Field Co./ Jahanpars Engineering & Construction Co.

Engineering & supervising services of Kharg, Neka, Assaluyeh oil and gas terminal

Project supervision & management

Oil Export Terminal Co./ Jahanpars Engineering & Construction Co.

Bidboland 2 gas refinery engineering & technical services

Detail engineering

Jahanpars Engineering & Construction Co.

Parsian gas refinery engineering & technical services

Detail engineering

Engineering & technical services of water injection to Alborj oil field

Detail engineering

Engineering & technical services of water injection to Nimer oil field

Detail engineering

Condensate desulphuration engineering & technical services

Detail engineering

Line engineering & technical services of wellhead facilities of well No. 23 of Dehloran & flow line

Detail engineering, procurement and construction

Oil Engineering Industries Developement

Bidboland 2 engineering services

Detail engineering

Optimization of oil processing systems of Maroun 3 & 5 products units

Detail engineering

National Iranian South Oil Fields Co.

Till today, we have been lying our gas pipelines from our gas fields by our self, why shall we award contract to Iranian a fake Iranian company.

Explore this: Major Projects

Till today, we have been lying our gas pipelines from our gas fields by our self, why shall we award contract to Iranian a fake Iranian company.
Sir, I don't know why, but whenever I am following middle eastern news I find some kinda delusion.
From which part of my post, or the main news mentioned in the thread could a some how undermining of Pakistani companies be concluded.
According to what the news says, an Iranian company has offered to accomplish the job, the very same job which hasn't been accomplished yet.
It's all yours to choose the best, and I am sure the best choice is not to call the company a fake one.
Like I have said many times:
"We can't blame others for all the problems without looking inside for some of the problems"
If there are some huge Pakistani companies capable of doing the job, then instead of insulting others, just a big one question shall be answered:
"Why has not been this job done, while the pipes are ready at the gate?"
Sincerely yours, Bro.

I really do not know in details what is the exact formula to calculate the gas price as stipulated in the agreement between the both countries. But I really think any price other than world gas prices will create problems in the future.
And linking gas price with oil prices is really going to hurt our country. Oil is a fast dwindling resource and its price will continue to increase and might even explode after a decade but the drilling technology to extract gas has become very advanced all over the world which will keep the gas prices lower. In other words, gas and oil prices will continue to diverge in the future and the idea that gas and oil prices move together is not going to hold any longer. Any agreement that links gas prices with oil might hurt us in the future.
Iran is our neighbor and we actually do need a lot of gas to keep our economy running. In order to avoid any problems with Iranians when, in the future, we will see that we are be paying too much compared to world prices and we would ask for re-negotiation while they would show us the agreement. It would be better to re-negotiate a formula for gas prices now when gas pipeline has not been constructed that is fair to both parties and will not cause any grievances in the future. We have more leverage to re-negotiate now than we would have in the future.
Exactly. Very True..

What is the website of Jahanpars Engineering and Construction? & What is the price negotiated for the gas? Apparently, no Pakistani is aware of it! welcome to the democracy!

The price is 67% of crude oil(in BTU terms) which is high since gas prices have fallen significantly. We should renegotiate For sure.

Last edited:
The price is 67% of crude oil(in BTU terms) which is high since gas prices have falling significantly. We should renegotiate For sure.

IF the Iranians agree to such a renegotiation.

Surely Pakistan can finance this themselves.

It is surely not that much that a country can't afford. How pathetic.

Or maybe it is delaying tactics to re-negotiate gas price. It is extortionate.

Back
Top Bottom