What's new

Gadani power project is impracticable, China refuses to invest: sources

khanboy007

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
241056_83008125.jpg

ISLAMABAD (Web Desk) – China has decided not to invest in Gadani power project, terming it impracticable. The decision was acknowledged to Pakistani officials during meeting of Pak-China Joint Energy Working Group, sources told Dunya News today (Friday).

The government had decided to set up 6600 MW coal-fired power plants at Gadani Power Corridor in Balochistan.

According to sources, a list of power project agreements to be signed next month has been released. The list includes different power projects in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Punjab, Thar, Port Qasim and Gwadar.

As per details, 1900 MW coal-fired power plants will be set up in Thar. In Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Sukhi Kenari and Karoth hydel power projects have been included in the list.

1320 MW coal power projects in Rahim Yar Khan, Sahiwal and Muzaffargarh while 250 MW wind power projects would be launched in Sindh.

Also, 1000 MW Quaid-e-Azam solar power plant has been mentioned in the list of projects.

Earlier today, Minister for Water and Power Khawaja Asif said a delegation will go to China for this purpose next week.

Khawaja Asif said it will be a Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in the energy sector as China will provide loans to the executing companies of these projects, the state radio reported.

Gadani power project is impracticable, China refuses to invest: sources | Pakistan | Dunya News

-----------------------------------------------------

:pakistan:

jab zaroorat khud ko hay tau phir khud hi paysa lagaao ....... warna suno sabki karo bhi sabki :(

ISLAMABAD (Web Desk) – China has decided not to invest in Gadani power project, terming it impracticable.

Why impractical? Was it not cost effective? Or is there some other reason?

Why impractical? Was it not cost effective? Or is there some other reason?

could be....im not sure as the report does not mention it !!!!

as far as i know the total population of gadani is about 10,000-15,000 ..... so could be that ...still not sure though :undecided:

So PM approved Gadani project and issued a go ahead for nothing? All that belly dance over social media on these two projects (Nandipur & Gadani) turned out to be for nothing practically.

What was the reason?
6600MW coal plant is indeed a big investment.
Lack of infrastructre .Wasnt it nearerr to Gwadar port?

So PM approved Gadani project and issued a go ahead for nothing? All that belly dance over social media on these two projects (Nandipur & Gadani) turned out to be for nothing practically.

yes my friend.....yes.......

dhoke baazi aam hay !!!!

What was the reason?
6600MW coal plant is indeed a big investment.
Lack of infrastructre .Wasnt it nearerr to Gwadar port?

its quite far off from gwadar....as i mentioned, population of gadani could be a reason....its only 10K-15K

dhoke baazi aam hay !!!!

its quite far off from gwadar....as i mentioned, population of gadani could be a reason....its only 10K-15K

So you mean company cant get enough workers if they initiated that project? I doubt so .More land and less population is always an advantage for the huge projects like this since it invite zero protest and resistance during land acquistion.

can someone please correct me if im wrong.. these projects are a part of international financing rather than FDI, ryt? both are considered capital inflows but one is not the other. If it is international financing then basically this will be government investment.

as far as i know the total population of gadani is about 10,000-15,000 ..... so could be that ...still not sure though :undecided:
dhoke baazi aam hay !!!!

this is not Problem at all .. Gaddani is about 15 - 20KM from small Town Called HUB and HUB is also having INDUSTRIAL ESTATE & Marble City. All the way from HUB to Gaddani there are many villages enough Population for Gaddani Project's workforce Needed, i think

I think it is bad and good news as in a program of Dr. Danish "Sawal Yeh Hai" there was complete discussion of this project and it was said by experts in it that it will be huge mistake as it will cost massive amount for purchasing coal and will generate huge environmental issues specially for the people of Karachi.

nandipur was fiscally a disastrous project..you build a plant that runs on gas but you donot have gas., so you pour diesel into it which is in practical, what a planning!!!!!!!

can someone please correct me if im wrong.. these projects are a part of international financing rather than FDI, ryt? both are considered capital inflows but one is not the other. If it is international financing then basically this will be government investment.

FDI = ownership. Means, the investing party is actually buying a right in how the entity is being run.

International financing - normally debt financing. The current project, according to wikipedia was 85% debt financed by the Chinese.

Another term is foreign inflows. This need not mean fdi. Investing through portfolios in the equity market, need not necessarily be FDI.

Maybe the rate at which the unit of electricity is bought or produced is termed unpracticable by the chinese?

Back
Top Bottom