What's new

Funny video: Ganguly on Shahid Afridi's performance!

afridi needs the captaincy, he is reckless because he thinks he can be handed over the captaincy again if selectors pay heed to his silent protest, this might not work, afridi is just risking his place in the team he thinks is permanent, he would be dropped

he he that was humorous but few ardent fan will come back and start opposing it as India vs Pak thing.

i think people should stop making fun of each other on PDF.... just too much of hatred going on....
on topic....
i have seen afridi playing recently.... What i saw is he does well against weaker teams (in bowling).... Afridi must be around 37 to 38 years age.... (he gave fake age).... His body no longer suitable to pitch hitter because when human gets old his reflexes gets slower.... (check sachin tendulkar interview today on times now).... Afridi can do well if he keep taking singles.... He just comes and tries to hit very first ball.... Thats not cricket.... He never takes wickets against top teams like india, aus, shri lanka etc etc. Even if he gets wickets he gives far more run against top teams.... However he does well against weaker teams like bangladesh, zimbabwe, newzealand etc etc. Afridi should change the way he bats....

i think people should stop making fun of each other on PDF.... just too much of hatred going on....
on topic....
i have seen afridi playing recently.... What i saw is he does well against weaker teams (in bowling).... Afridi must be around 37 to 38 years age.... (he gave fake age).... His body no longer suitable to pitch hitter because when human gets old his reflexes gets slower.... (check sachin tendulkar interview today on times now).... Afridi can do well if he keep taking singles.... He just comes and tries to hit very first ball.... Thats not cricket.... He never takes wickets against top teams like india, aus, shri lanka etc etc. Even if he gets wickets he gives far more run against top teams.... However he does well against weaker teams like bangladesh, zimbabwe, newzealand etc etc. Afridi should change the way he bats....

I fail to disagree on two things. Firstly, Its on his age affecting his performance. Yes he may be old, but I doubt his reflex is the cause for this. He was quite sharp in the field from my observation, even getting a few catches during the tournament.

Secondly, Afridi has been the main player in getting wickets. In this tournament, not much, but he definitely played a key role in getting the wicket of SL, and during the Australia series.

But in all sense, Afridi's time is up, and he should retire now. His performance has been almost unbelievable. Its very disappointing for Pakistan cricket fan to see a superstar go, but chances have to be given to the new generation in Pakistan Cricket. Hafeez used to be criticized for his bad batting before, but he has gradually improved, reading the momentum of the game well, and at times choosing his shot selection wisely (exception for the recent one). But in Afridi, I see no improvement, and his bowling is just average.

Afridi needs to open for Pakistan. The chances are higher for him to click with the new ball and the field set inside the circle. It's of no use sending a natural striker like him lower down the order.He is a fairly decent bowler too so axing him would be counterproductive at the moment.

[:::~Spartacus~:::];3470373 said:
afridi needs the captaincy, he is reckless because he thinks he can be handed over the captaincy again if selectors pay heed to his silent protest, this might not work, afridi is just risking his place in the team he thinks is permanent, he would be dropped

Not on this performance! On this performance, he should be dropped. Better bring in Hammad Azam or some other youngster.

Bulls Eye by Dada.

Theres no logic to get a golden duck being caught at LONG ON AND LONG OFF that too if its not in the last 2 overs. Who in da world will play with this kind of application.

Rightly said, Cricket is not only batting and bowling. Its APPLICATION. Recently only seen in Umer Akmal. Rest 10 players apply no more than gully cricketers.

That will shut him up. If i'm not mistaken, Ganguly was the Captain back then. :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
This guy would have been a national disgrace for any other country for cheating openly so many times..sometimes with his age, other wise trying to bite a ball or trying to dig up a pitch. Only in Pakistan can such people be celebrated as heros ..... Only in pakistan!

What representatives of cricket!

This guy would have been a national disgrace for any other country for cheating openly so many times..sometimes with his age, other wise trying to bite a ball or trying to dig up a pitch. Only in Pakistan can such people be celebrated as heros ..... Only in pakistan!

What representatives of cricket!

I have to agree with you on the ball-tampering and pitch-scuffing controversies. It is a shame. However, Afridi has been a match-winner on countless of occasions with bat and ball, and sometimes even both. This is the reason why, many Pakistanis always looked up to him during matches.

But yaar, to say it only happens in Pakistan, I don't think so. For example, Sachin has also been involved in a ball-tampering issue right? Yet many people still looked up to him for his magnificent innings all the time in India. So its unfair to just say, this issues only occur in Pakistan.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom