What's new

Funicular Railways - A new way to be Explored the Beauty of Northern Areas of Pakistan

Bonito Boy

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
This type of railway system already exists in Western Countries (i.e. USA, EU, UK) from decades (or almost a Century ago). In some areas, the main purpose is to meet local transportation needs and in many places, it was purely built to attract the tourists.

Shouldn't the "Funicular Railway" be tested in the northern areas? Will this not promote Tourism in Pakistan?

Attachments

• Small Cabs.jpeg
    Small Cabs.jpeg
    108.6 KB · Views: 55
  • Funicular.JPG
    Funicular.JPG
    252.4 KB · Views: 39
  • Le-Treport, France.jpg
    Le-Treport, France.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 35
I rode one in Spain. Really cool and then they move you into a cablecar riding up over the city.

Our Northern Areas are no less than from Switzerland in Beauty, just need to upgrade/provide facilities.

@Stealth @ghazi52
Collaboration/openion from your side is required from both of you Sir

The first thing which we as a Pakistanis must understand that there is no "Tourism" industry in Pakistan. Pakistan is not even capable to handle 4M tourists/year which is among the lowest in the popular tourist destinations in the world. We don't have bathrooms, health facilities, hospitals, hotels, food chains across the country or you can say in our popular destinations. If something happens with any foreign tourists somewhere on the northern side, we usually send Army helicopters and bring tourists to the Rawalpindi CMH (just an example). There is a reason for that. I hope you get my point. Arrange budgets then push investments and then the cost of running trains under the circumstances where we don't have a large number of foreign tourists. On the other side, we are more comfortable using our own vehicles for tours I mean who gonna take that burden at the end of the day? of course govt. It's not that easy to create a network on such terrain just for the entertainment of locals probably at this point.

There is a categorization in this industry. Basic, Intermediate and then secondary. First, we have to provide good hotels, health facilities, and the availability of food, rest everything is secondary when it comes to the tourism industry.

Still a long way to go... btw tourism and Pakistan quite frankly.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom