What's new

FSX Fighter Program S Korea/Indonesia

Storm Force

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Theres been plenty of talk about Thunder prgramme between China & PAF and recently the PAKFA 5 gen programme between Russia & India.

THE FSX PROGRAMME seems to have gone unnoticed.

Last week South Korea & Indonesia 2 of richest economies in Asia signed a MOU for the $4 billion development cost for their FSX single engined fighter programme.

THE PLANE IS EXPECTED TO ENTER SRVICE IN 2020 and technology wise will fall somw where between F16/52 & THE JSF F35..

ie a stealthier version of the current F16/52...

iNDONEASIA WILL COMIT 40% of the development cost of the South Korean born fighter

RI, S. Korea set to build jet fighters | The Jakarta Post

Last edited:
Interesting to see how the project unfolds and how the fighter does in the Asian export market.

Korea has good relations with USA and i expect the koreans will need help in some areas.

Good thing both countries have big GDPs and fairly deep pockets.

I think we have a confusion here over stealth which would be relative term.

Yes you can reduce the RCS and IR signature. You can make it super cruise, but it's not really Invisible to Radar.

I guess the term is analogous just like what makes a fighter jet 4th gen or 5th gen of 4.5 gen or 4++ Gen.

I mean, for South Koreans maybe a jet of 0.5m^2 RCS might qualify as stealth but for US it might be well under 0.05m^2.

I'm still tracking the progress of this Aircraft program... hmm but so far i have lost track on what model that will be used for production.

Korean KFX program where my country is in .. have 2 different layout, first is the KFX-101 which is look alike Raptor, and another one is KFX-201 who have canard mounted .

I'm still curious whether KFX-101 or 201 that will be produced, my search so far yielded result that Korean Military favour the KFX-101 due to it's "more conventional" hence lower risk design Over the "High degree of coolness" KFX-201 with futuristic looking layout.

After reading the news, first thing in my mind is, it is a waste of money for indonesia. S korea don't have any indigenous fighter and yet it want to make a stealth plane:rofl:. I think the engine, avionic, etc will come from US. :hitwall::hitwall:

Last edited:
After reading the news, first thing in my mind is, it is a waste of money for indonesia. S korea don't have any indigenous fighter and yet it want to make a stealth plane:rofl:. I think the engine, avionic, etc will come from US. :hitwall::hitwall:

Well the decision is already made by our Govt... there aren't much can be done on it .

since we're already have cooperation with SK's in some areas (like Submarines and K-21 IFV's) our govt see it as a chance to gain some more "technology insight".. and the KFX is seen as good candidate .

I don't think that indonesia will get any technological insight or whatever it is, since s korea get most of the thing needed from 3rd country for that program. I think indonesia should looking for another partner like Pakistan with JF-17 or India with it's FGFA or pakfa.

I don't think that indonesia will get any technological insight or whatever it is, since s korea get most of the thing needed from 3rd country for that program. I think indonesia should looking for another partner like Pakistan with JF-17 or India with it's FGFA or pakfa.

well i don't know about it. whether we will get any access or not, but that "40%" should count for something .

as for the JF-17, there are offering from Pakistan to our Govt for procurement of that Plane and some sort of "joint production" ..but so far i heard no further news about it .

Back
Top Bottom