What's new

FSA received "Game Changing" weapons.

AKINCI

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Al Arabiya
Syrian rebels have recently received new weapons that could "change the course of the battle" against the Syrian regime, a spokesman for the Free Syrian Army told Al Arabiya TV on Monday.

“We have received the first shipment of weapons two days ago, following pledges by several countries, especially the United States,” FSA political and media coordinator Louay Muqdad said.

“The source of these weapons was some sister countries and other countries who made pledges,” Muqdad added.

Muqdad said a comprehensive plan to arm the Syrian rebels will be unveiled on Sunday in Doha during the Friends of Syrian meeting.

"It is a matter of days before we receive other weapons, as we were promised…and the military support will continue to flow as long as the weapons are used in a disciplined way,” Muqdad said.

In other statements to AFP, Muqdad said the weapons received “will change the course of the battle on the ground.”

Al Arabiya television quoted a source close to the FSA earlier saying the rebel army received the Russian-made “OSA” air defense system. Muqdad refused to name the source of the weapon, but said the FSA consists mainly of defected Syrian soldiers who are trained in using Russian-made weapons only.

He said Brigadier General Salmi Idris, leader of the rebels' Supreme Military, has ordered all FSA members to be trained on using more Western-made weapons.

Syrian rebels have been battling forces loyal to President Bashar al-Assad for more than two years, with the U.N. saying that at least 93,000 people – mostly civilians – have died in the conflict.

FSA chief Idris has repeatedly appealed for weapons from the international community. In an earlier interview with Al Arabiya, he said that it would take the rebels six months to overthrow the Syrian regime if the U.S. agreed to arm them.

“If we only get some armed support, we will continue to battle for a long time. But if we receive enough training and arms and are well-organized, I think we need about six months to topple the regime,” Idriss said.

Washington said last week that it will provide military aid to the Syrian opposition after it has been concluded that the Assad regime used chemical weapons against the Syrian people and crossed what President Barack Obama had called a “red line.”

Last edited by a moderator:
So now Syria is the start of a new Cold war.... Russia supplying govt. forces and U.S supplying FSA.

Sounds very scripted.. but then again.. its designed to be used as propaganda..there was something similar from the Syrian Army seen on press tv.. Only thing common was Allah-o-Akbar.........
.......What a shame

Not poking my nose in but whats your honest opinion on your govt sending your uniformed soldiers into a proxy war ?

They are hypcrites, lowlifes that try to lecture us on whats right or wrong for Syria, yet in the mean time still sending aid, soldiers, finance, weapons and proxies. I still cant stop laughing at his pathethic attempt for a comment. But hey we are not Iranians so we are wrong...

Shameless world.

UK + USA + France + Israel + All dasha-wearing-Arab-yoohas & their petro dolllars VS Syria. I mean, seriously, WTF!!!! :D

No no no it is something like this:

UK + USA + France + Israel + All dasha-wearing-Arab-yoohas & their petro dollars + Turkey+ Syria VS Assad + Iran + Russia + PKK +Hizzboullat + Iraq.

You obviously Are on Assad's side here.

so more dead people?:frown:

Namely Iranians and their dogs yeah :D

I love seeing dead Iranians and their dogs, it makes my day :D

Nope, I hate Assad. What I don't like is an unfair match. :D

No no no it is something like this:

UK + USA + France + Israel + All dasha-wearing-Arab-yoohas & their petro dollars + Turkey+ Syria VS Assad + Iran + Russia + PKK +Hizzboullat + Iraq.

You obviously Are on Assad's side here.

Namely Iranians and their dogs yeah :D

I love seeing dead Iranians and their dogs, it makes my day :D

I sincerely hope the syrian regime prevails during this difficult time. However bad the assad regime might be, still they are much better than what can be expected from the wahabi infused opposition. If the rebels win, then its goodbye to all non-sunni communities in syria and to the whole region... we have seen this happen in Egypt and Libya before.

Nope, I hate Assad. What I don't like is an unfair match. :D

You want a fair match in politics and war? Are you crazy?

What they should just stop and say wooow wooow hold your horses there, time out, it is unfair and we need to even it up?

Crush your enemy with overwhelming force, US DoD rule #1

so more dead people?:frown:

Didn't you wish more deads of Sunnis? or are you shedding crocodile tears?

I am sorry, i mean lets just forget the fact Iran already aided the Syrian Army in so many way, but darn those westerns or Turks for doing the same right???...idiot.

Their attitude against arabs change the moment you talk about Syria, bunch of hypocrits.

The magic word is Taqqiyah! My friend.

They are hypcrites, lowlifes that try to lecture us on whats right or wrong for Syria, yet in the mean time still sending aid, soldiers, finance, weapons and proxies. I still cant stop laughing at his pathethic attempt for a comment. But hey we are not Iranians so we are wrong...

Both forces are getting foreign soldiers and support whether uniformed or non-uniformed. What good do you bring to Muslim brotherhood by licking American balls.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom