What's new

Frontier corps under assault in Baluchistan. Where is the action?

Why are we unable to isolate the incidents? I mean an attack on check post would require formation gathering of terrorists at some place with heavy weapons. Its such a shame that we unable to identify and take them out before hand. We are unable to stop weapons smuggling into Pakistan, we are unable to stop attacks from Afghanistan despite the fact that Afghanistan itself is a hell hole, for some unknown defying logic a broken country like Afghanistan can maintain attacking Pakistan with terrorists while we are unable too respond? Third ceasefire with India will achieve nothing. We have shown our weakness when our army chief said we are focusing on Geo economic and not Geo strategic strategy. Enemies of Pakistan took that as a weakness. It is now apparent that we have lost stomach and any appetite for fighting back.
if you have a look at the topography of the area and its vastness then you will get the answer.

It's called being ambushed. Part of game. And the CO and the unit are always thousand times more angry and upset than we are. The casualties are always revenged. We have to endure and make the most of it from our available resources. May Allah grant the fallen soldiers the higest rank in Jannah and the injured Ghazis speedy recovery.

if you have a look at the topography of the area and its vastness then you will get the answer.
Vastness of the area should not equate to lack of coverage and lawlessness specially when one knows that terrorists are using this to their advantage. By this logic america should experience daily attacks on their soil since their area is so vast. Yet it does not happen. We are not USA however we do not have to cover that much area either. It has been 20 years now since the start of WOT, by now every part of that province should have been brought under surveillance however the way attacks are happening with impunity, it is sad that despite the amount of technology available both commercially as well as militarily, we still are suffering loses.

Har dosray din news aajai hai 6 Shaheed 4 Shaheed but majal hai Jo Toyota Hilux to kabar me sale kr k armored vehicles de dein...

Vastness of the area should not equate to lack of coverage and lawlessness specially when one knows that terrorists are using this to their advantage. By this logic america should experience daily attacks on their soil since their area is so vast. Yet it does not happen. We are not USA however we do not have to cover that much area either. It has been 20 years now since the start of WOT, by now every part of that province should have been brought under surveillance however the way attacks are happening with impunity, it is sad that despite the amount of technology available both commercially as well as militarily, we still are suffering loses.

before anyone reads any further: the Answer is NO!
NO I am not suggesting that our soldiers should just continue to die.

it costs resources , spending about 17$ on defense budged causes Domestic and Western media to claim Pakistan spends 70% of budget on defence, anyone will cause them to say that its spending 150% on defense.
regardless what the propagandists say, it is the matter of allocation of resources.

we will have to bring them from somewhere else. quoting America is unfair. they have no upper limit, they are a war economy that runs on constant conflicts. their entire nation and business model supports it.

we lack political unity and have unsettled borders and hostile neighbors, add to that our own shortcomings of self serving and corrupt officials and politicians and just to add some more flavor, the international game played by the Americans with open Indian involvement in Baluchistan.

of course the military high command cares, this emotional rant by posters that death of soldiers don't count is far from truth. the challenge is what can be spared to fill in the gaps that are causing these back to back attacks? the government doesn't even have enough to even pay the government employees and we have pretty much exhausted the limits of charity donation from our International "brothers" and "friends". unless we lease out some more parts of Pakistan to China, I don't see any improvement (in defense & surveillance) at the levels you are suggesting.

to everyone else, a point about drones
give a thought to this. how much material resources, planning, logistics and people are involved in commissioning and deploying a Pakistani drone?

after reading this please read again the bold and highlighted sentence in the begining.

Its very obvious we are reactive instead of proactive as how on earth attacks on our check posts are so easy, regular and deadly to warrant so many casualties and so often. We need to secure the surrounding areas of the check posts with technology so no attacks can be launched with impunity without suffering heavy casualties to the enemy. Check posts are not meant to be a pillar box in isolation or a tent where boys can have a rest and where any dick and harry can walk in or few bags of mud to slow down the traffic. The most puzzling aspect so far have been is no sign of usage of drones to provide protection to the soldiers while they are on the move or to the check posts. We need to revisit the policy of the security of the check posts and how our forces move about amongst the different areas as its getting a norm of these two incidents. Also as according to some sources border fencing is almost complete then we need to have a proper cleansing operation through out the Baluchistan province regardless of the cost for every 3 months for next 2 years to collect all weapons from the locals so space for peace can be generated.

This isn't a warzone, this is domestic terrorism. This Scum walks, does survallence, and operates openly during full daylight and attacks at their time of chosing. There is no way, this militancy can continue without local help. Pakistan needs to start taking notes from the US (FBI) and Israeli counter-terror book. There need to be robust Federal police and investigation agencies. Family, friends, and acquaintances of these terrorists need to be picked up for investigations. Any indication that their family or friend knew about terrorist link to a banned organization, need to be in jail for their failure to report terrorist.

Once Federal agencies started prosecuting families, these monkey recruitment will die on it own. They prefer dying with hunger or selling fruits on rari, instead of accepting easy money for terrorist activity.

Guys there is already an operation being conducted in Balochistan.A BRA training camp was destroyed.The operation has being going on for the last week.

Guys there is already an operation being conducted in Balochistan.A BRA training camp was destroyed.The operation has being going on for the last week.
Oohhhhh can I have the source for that? That would finna make my day.

All too common now. We constantly here news of Pak troops being attacked by BLA. Yet COAS doesn't seem to want to do anything.

Oohhhhh can I have the source for that? That would finna make my day.
BRA's telegram channel itself posted this even named the exact place where the camp was located.A lot of terrorists were killed in the last few days both the military and the militants kept quiet.

it costs resources , spending about 17$ on defense budged causes Domestic and Western media to claim Pakistan spends 70% of budget on defence, anyone will cause them to say that its spending 150% on defense.
regardless what the propagandists say, it is the matter of allocation of resources.

we will have to bring them from somewhere else. quoting America is unfair. they have no upper limit, they are a war economy that runs on constant conflicts. their entire nation and business model supports it.

we lack political unity and have unsettled borders and hostile neighbors, add to that our own shortcomings of self serving and corrupt officials and politicians and just to add some more flavor, the international game played by the Americans with open Indian involvement in Baluchistan.

of course the military high command cares, this emotional rant by posters that death of soldiers don't count is far from truth. the challenge is what can be spared to fill in the gaps that are causing these back to back attacks? the government doesn't even have enough to even pay the government employees and we have pretty much exhausted the limits of charity donation from our International "brothers" and "friends". unless we lease out some more parts of Pakistan to China, I don't see any improvement (in defense & surveillance) at the levels you are suggesting.

give a thought to this. how much material resources, planning, logistics and people are involved in commissioning and deploying a Pakistani drone?

after reading this please read again the bold and highlighted sentence in the begining.
Nobody cares what stupid jounos think.Tell me what is more important the journalists or the lives of our soldiers?

Allah bless our brothers with shahadat.

Back to the situation the BLA has lost dozens over the past few weeks including now, but we still lose our men. Armed drones loitering would do wonders in situations like this.

The PAF is building a massive base in Balochistan, here's a trick have it full of those lovely advanced Chinese drones that were bought and have them raining attack munitions on the BLA day and night.

BRA's telegram channel itself posted this even named the exact place where the camp was located.A lot of terrorists were killed in the last few days both the military and the militants kept quiet.

Nobody cares what stupid jounos think.Tell me what is more important the journalists or the lives of our soldiers?
I know we keep things on the low down such as killing groups of terrorists but damn does it feel good to know we took down one of their terror camps.

Alhamdulillah

Absolutely right. Need lot of money.

Back
Top Bottom