What's new

Frontier corps under assault in Baluchistan. Where is the action?

Introduction of IED tactics in Balochistan is an escalation seen recently over the past 2 years. The ratio has swung against the armed forces of Pakistan.

before anyone reads any further: the Answer is NO!
NO I am not suggesting that our soldiers should just continue to die.

it costs resources , spending about 17$ on defense budged causes Domestic and Western media to claim Pakistan spends 70% of budget on defence, anyone will cause them to say that its spending 150% on defense.
regardless what the propagandists say, it is the matter of allocation of resources.

we will have to bring them from somewhere else. quoting America is unfair. they have no upper limit, they are a war economy that runs on constant conflicts. their entire nation and business model supports it.

we lack political unity and have unsettled borders and hostile neighbors, add to that our own shortcomings of self serving and corrupt officials and politicians and just to add some more flavor, the international game played by the Americans with open Indian involvement in Baluchistan.

of course the military high command cares, this emotional rant by posters that death of soldiers don't count is far from truth. the challenge is what can be spared to fill in the gaps that are causing these back to back attacks? the government doesn't even have enough to even pay the government employees and we have pretty much exhausted the limits of charity donation from our International "brothers" and "friends". unless we lease out some more parts of Pakistan to China, I don't see any improvement (in defense & surveillance) at the levels you are suggesting.

to everyone else, a point about drones
give a thought to this. how much material resources, planning, logistics and people are involved in commissioning and deploying a Pakistani drone?

after reading this please read again the bold and highlighted sentence in the begining.
Perhaps its better to get on the offensive than. Sometimes the best defense lies in an offense. Recently Sabir Shaqir said in one of his blogs that recent meeting between the PM, ISI and COAS was to send a clear message that next time an attack like this and we might not respect international border. Now would be a good time to put it to use. And I am not talking about killing few people in Afghanistan, i am talking about an actual strike on say government building in Kabul or Afghan military.
Let me repeat any attack on Pakistani soil should immediately be responded with a strike across the border. All International norms are not just for us to follow. Enemy should understand the cost of sponsoring continuous terrorism inside a nuclear armed country.
Yes with Taliban coming over, we should be able to witness a change however if it does not happen than all bets should be off. All Afghan military positions, installations, weapons catches should be fair targets which can later be increased to government buildings in Kabul.

Very sad and angry at the same time. The MO in majority of these attacks is ambush from a higher elevation (mountains) and or road side IEDs. I think as I mentioned before on a similar thread that it is high time to consider "armored vehicles" to save lives...plus if air support is provided as soon as FC comes under attack will also reduce the jaani nuqsaan.

Two of the Five Scumbags that were turned into fertiliser by the FC Soldiers.

1622578517851.png

Two of the Five Scumbags that were turned into fertiliser by the FC Soldiers.

View attachment 749848
Nahi bhai they are not the ones.Qazzafi Baloch was killed along time ago.Probably in Iran by unknown gunmen.
Interestingly the attack failed that is why no group claimed responsibility even though Baloch militant groups even claim responsibility for killing flies or stray dogs.

why is that they weren't given proper Armored Vehicles to fight in, or stand by Drones or attack Helicopters (Cobra)?
You just can't equip every patrol unit with attack helos or armed drones...it is not practical on an economic standpoint. Even the best of NATO forces don't necessarily equip their units with such systems unless they seem necessary. Lot of western forces faced similar ambushes resulting in casualties.

MRAPs and APCs are the only feasible option for such scenarios
Pakistan doesn't value FC soliders lives. They are illequipped and illtrained at the same time. Very easy to target them. Most of them are sitting ducks.
I've seen a recent video on this forum of FC soldiers clash with Afghan counterparts where the COs on both sides cooled it down...the personal gear of FC men seemed good enough

You just can't equip every patrol unit with attack helos or armed drones...it is not practical on an economic standpoint. Even the best of NATO forces don't necessarily equip their units with such systems unless they seem necessary. Lot of western forces faced similar ambushes resulting in casualties.

MRAPs and APCs are the only feasible option for such scenarios

I've seen a recent video on this forum of FC soldiers clash with Afghan counterparts where the COs on both sides cooled it down...the personal gear of FC men seemed good enough
Send the link?

it will be nearly impossible, for us to ever stop our casualties if two neighbours Iran & Afghanistan are happy aiding it. And we know that this is correct. area is a very Rocky mountaineer terrain armoured vehicles can only support you so far then it’s on the foot where they getting attacked. drones is short term answer ? until we get really tough on Tehran & Kabul. Taliban ? need reminding of our help Is not endless so far they’ve turned a blind eye on terrorist attack on us from Afghanistan.

it will be nearly impossible, for us to ever stop our casualties if two neighbours Iran & Afghanistan are happy aiding it. And we know that this is correct. area is a very Rocky mountaineer terrain armoured vehicles can only support you so far then it’s on the foot where they getting attacked. drones is short term answer ? until we get really tough on Tehran & Kabul. Taliban ? need reminding of our help Is not endless so far they’ve turned a blind eye on terrorist attack on us from Afghanistan.

Their is one solution. Buy them autonomous Turkish Drone set the coordinates and it’ll kill in that area itself.

Last edited:
Send the link?
Couldn't locate it right away but I definitely did see it on this forum. It was a minor clash where the Afghan troops objected border fencing being carried out by the Pak side. When FC folks were getting aggressive, the Afghan CO said he'd only talk with the FC commander which is when both COs send their men back and the video ends

FC folks in that video had a pretty decent gear...It is definitely a good upgrade if all of FC is being issued the same. They actually looked better than regular PA units

Couldn't locate it right away but I definitely did see it on this forum. It was a minor clash where the Afghan troops objected border fencing being carried out by the Pak side. When FC folks were getting aggressive, the Afghan CO said he'd only talk with the FC commander which is when both COs send their men back and the video ends

FC folks in that video had a pretty decent gear...It is definitely a good upgrade if all of FC is being issued the same. They actually looked better than regular PA units
FC is a tough force, it's just that it's fighting terrorism and undergoes massive ambushes which incurs casualties.

Once the playing field is level, they absolutely kick ***. Such as the in the latest FC KPK and ANA skirmish they literally captured an ANA humvee.

Same against terrorists.

Back
Top Bottom