What's new

Front-line fighter Su-30 MKI flies with flaws

read in India Today yesterday, there are reports that President Putin is going to sign a Presidential directive, which will allow Indian users to directly engage with OEM for spares and services rather than dealing with Rosboronexport.
this will bring a qualitative improvement not only for IAF but other wings too.
Hopefully in next couple of years, with agreements in place, the contentious issue of spares will become a thing of past.

No Airforce, not even Russian Airforce has as many Su-30s as India. This is bound to create its own supply chain problems.
dont you think that should have happened already after 13 years of first introducing them.
i think modi needs to look at that. creating india's own supply chain in india and not being dependant on russia. also this can be an oppertunity to service foregn jets too.

The OP was about Availability rate of Su-30MKI of IAF , and Trolls take it too JF-thunder , F-16's , Exercise , and so on ..

Long ago I watched a Hindi movie too, Gadar, where they showed a Sardar, a Hand Pump and some other bits, you might get the rset of it.... And that is where narrative based on fiction can take you to...
Ghadar is a pure fiction while Rang Dey Basanti based on some true facts...
Just tell me why mig-21 called Flying coffin (google it)
And many more things....don't want to post...i don't want to spoil good morning for many India members

Goodi goodi morning :coffee:

What can I say, Mig 21's are called flying coffins by idiot who couldn't diffrentiate between a screw driver and a wrench even if smacked by either, Having worked on Mig 21's I can tell you, fishbed is one of the most robust, simple, easy to maintain, extremely lethal aircraft. It has it's deficiencies and it has lived past it's service life.
Look up which other aircrafts have been given such idiotic monikers, like flying coffin, widow maker etc. You will find some of your shiny jets in the list too.
Chill man chill have idli dosa break fast with cold water, shouting can't change the reality.

Chill man chill have idli dosa break fast with cold water, shouting can't change the reality.
shouting?
if you cannot deal with a simple objective post, then continue your trolling.
btw , it's dinner time

shouting?
if you cannot deal with a simple objective post, then continue your trolling.
btw , it's dinner time
For me in UAE and in India its a morning time.
OK have your dinner.
Nice article from Quora
Why are the MiG-21s known as the "flying coffins"?
Caveat: I have some experience operating and maintaining naval ship machinery. Never maintained aircraft.

Consider this: In my opinion any warplane specially fighter jets are flying bombs. I say it because , it is a very intricate machine with explosive power. The tolerances are tight and any defect in manufacturing, assembly or maintenance can cause this explosive power to become a catastrophe, as can pilot error. No wonder you have to create such a hype about being a fighter pilot, before men willingly agree to sit on the bomb and fly it. This is my take on all fighter aircrafts.

India could only afford to buy Soviet military hardware, as it did not have to pay in foreign exchange. I am told that we paid in potatoes, rubber slippers etc. With the breakup of the Soviet Union, we now have to import spares in hard FX, making it prohibitively expensive. In many cases the supply of spare parts for such hardware has been disrupted either due to changes in manufacturing or the supply process.

So while we have these machines, we need a supply of spares and parts, with the machines now ageing. Indigenising these spares is a herculean task, as the Soviet metallurgy and technology is unique, and not commercially available. The challenge is both technological and economic. All in all, this affects the reliability and availability of aircraft and ships bought in the USSR era.

The show, however, must go on. Hence, the men in uniform sweat and bleed to keep the aircrafts up in the air and the ships at sea, so our air space and sea lanes are safe. So what if it means a few pilots out of a billion people die once in a while.....they did choose to sit on the bomb and fly it...a career choice some may say!!!

great source...

For me in UAE and in India its a morning time.
OK have your dinner.
Nice article from Quora
Why are the MiG-21s known as the "flying coffins"?
Caveat: I have some experience operating and maintaining naval ship machinery. Never maintained aircraft.

Consider this: In my opinion any warplane specially fighter jets are flying bombs. I say it because , it is a very intricate machine with explosive power. The tolerances are tight and any defect in manufacturing, assembly or maintenance can cause this explosive power to become a catastrophe, as can pilot error. No wonder you have to create such a hype about being a fighter pilot, before men willingly agree to sit on the bomb and fly it. This is my take on all fighter aircrafts.

India could only afford to buy Soviet military hardware, as it did not have to pay in foreign exchange. I am told that we paid in potatoes, rubber slippers etc. With the breakup of the Soviet Union, we now have to import spares in hard FX, making it prohibitively expensive. In many cases the supply of spare parts for such hardware has been disrupted either due to changes in manufacturing or the supply process.

So while we have these machines, we need a supply of spares and parts, with the machines now ageing. Indigenising these spares is a herculean task, as the Soviet metallurgy and technology is unique, and not commercially available. The challenge is both technological and economic. All in all, this affects the reliability and availability of aircraft and ships bought in the USSR era.

The show, however, must go on. Hence, the men in uniform sweat and bleed to keep the aircrafts up in the air and the ships at sea, so our air space and sea lanes are safe. So what if it means a few pilots out of a billion people die once in a while.....they did choose to sit on the bomb and fly it...a career choice some may say!!!

Back
Top Bottom