What's new

French Defence Minister to Sign Rafale Contract with India on August 31

Oh not again u indians , teja hasn't got FOC, so it means, not ready 4 combat, u dirty little piece of ****
And u r saying me ignorant, plz do some research before hitting your keyboard.
Learn some decent English before....vomiting here!!

All the technical and advanced weapons, EW, protection systems eclipses when we see a price tag of 230 mill$, its sheer wastage of money. at 1/3rd of price we can make do with variety of Russian jets while at the same time working hard on Tejas and FGFA
That price is pure speculation and even IF the $8BN price tag is true this does not help in ascertaining the unit price as
1) The project cost (for example $8BN) would include the cost of training, weapons, spares, setting up of requisite infrastructure etc etc
2) 50% of the cost of this project will be ploughed back into the Indian aviation sector anyway apparently.

:cry:

FA-18_Super_Hornets_of_Strike_Fighter_Squadron_31_fly_patrol,_Afghanistan,_December_15,_2008.jpg

Yes i m sure iaf will get 189 rafales. Su 30 mki, fgfa is for different roles. Only rafale can fly in terrain hugging lo lo lo altitude.

Yes i m sure iaf will get 189 rafales. Su 30 mki, fgfa is for different roles. Only rafale can fly in terrain hugging lo lo lo altitude.

I believe IAF will operate at least 100 Rafales in long run.

$600BN from 2014-2022 with 50% of it being CAPEX according to independent think tanks.

Independent think tanks just guessing
While Total Indian Defence budget has hovered around 48 Billion USD mark since 2011, taking into account depreciation of Rupee and inflation.
This budget will not double in next 4 years, which the thinktanks estimate.
We would be lucky to reach 80 Billion USD by 2022

Back
Top Bottom