What's new

Freelancing Career in Pakistan....

Congrats and good luck to you all.

I work fulltime as an embedded software engineer and tried my luck at upwork to make some extra cash on the side. I tried and tried and tried never got a single project. Some projects I even said for the first few weeks I'll work for free but no luck. Not sure what is needed to get the foot in the door. It's not like I do not have the relevant skills, this is my bread and butter. Gave up and now do uber, or food delivery on the side. No job is small. Need to make extra money to send to family in Pakistan.
Brother, I don't know about upwork, but you can start giving orders to yourself from some friends from different countries. One very important thing, contact with someone who is already working on upwork. Try on Fiverr as well. I will be your first client.

Brother, I don't know about upwork, but you can start giving orders to yourself from some friends from different countries. One very important thing, contact with someone who is already working on upwork. Try on Fiverr as well. I will be your first client.
Do it wisely, otherwise you will be caught

your hardwork will surely pay you back one day
Congrats and good luck to you all.

I work fulltime as an embedded software engineer and tried my luck at upwork to make some extra cash on the side. I tried and tried and tried never got a single project. Some projects I even said for the first few weeks I'll work for free but no luck. Not sure what is needed to get the foot in the door. It's not like I do not have the relevant skills, this is my bread and butter. Gave up and now do uber, or food delivery on the side. No job is small. Need to make extra money to send to family in Pakistan.

A freelance job is where a person works for themselves, rather than for a company. Freelancers do take on contract work for companies and organizations; they are ultimately self-employed. Your life doesn't get better by chance; it gets better by change. You can think of freelancing as volatile and risky or flexible and opportunity-rich.

Below are the best freelance websites for 2021.

Fiverr
Design for beginners for reliable work.

Upwork
Its a Highly competitive platform with high paying projects.

Freelancer
Freelancer is a platform with easy access to thousands of projects of different niches.

Toptal
A professional space for experts.

Guru
Guru is a hassle-free platform for finding projects.

PeoplePerHour
You connect with buyers and sellers in your region.

99Designs
This is a site where you learn from designers from all around the world.

Envato Studio
It allows you to pick a job that suits you.

DesignCrowd
It uses crowdsourcing to make your idea a reality.

Nexxt
Nexxt is a place for small, medium, and large teams to do work.

Simply Hired
Find a job near you.

Aquent
Aquent is a platform for creative digital and marketing experts.

Crowded
Crowded is a competitive site for beginners and professionals.

The Creative Group
The creative group is an Excellent platform for people with a good LinkedIn profile.

Writer Access
It is solely designed for writers to work online.

TaskRabbit
Task Rabbit matches freelance labor with the local demand for manual work.

Skyword
It is designed for brands to tell authentic stories that establish trust and build lasting relationships.

Designhill
Design hill is a market place for beginners and professionals.

I am really happy for the members who have found so much success as freelancers. This is something the media should be promoting to highlight Pakistan’s soft image as an emerging tech based economy. And the government should be helping this sector by providing office spaces with good internet and snacks. In the long term, this can have multiplier affect.

@waz can you please move this thread to the technology forum?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom