What's new

Free India would have fragmented without Gandhi: British historian

Actually no one is the Father of India. Gandhiji called the Father of India is like people saying Hindi is the national language.

And as for Godse, he was a man in grey. Not black, not white. Stop repeating the same propaganda that potrays him as evil incarnate. Gandhiji's attitude towards Hindus post independence was nothing to write home about.

That is your opinion & Gandhi's India allows you to have it. Had we lived in Godse's India, you most likely would be shot for expressing dissent. Move on, we get it. You don't think much of Gandhi & you fancy that a scumbag who never did anything else but shoot Gandhi is somehow worthy of being bracketed with that great man. You are most certainly entitled to that opinion but there is no particular reason, we all must join you in sharing it.

no wonder, people who tried to kill the army officer who lead the operation blue star is honoured in golden temple.

No wonder , Gandhi Secularism halting Indians and Indic religions today. Let's see future One more Pakistan is Fix , Muslims are Muslims they will never live with non-Muslims once get some population power they will start new Pakistan movement , Gandhi is responsible factor.

That is your opinion & Gandhi's India allows you to have it. Had we lived in Godse's India, you most likely would be shot for expressing dissent. Move on, we get it. You don't think much of Gandhi & you fancy that a scumbag who never did anything else but shoot Gandhi is somehow worthy of being bracketed with that great man. You are most certainly entitled to that opinion but there is no particular reason, we all must join you in sharing it.

It's not Gandhi's India , Tilak, Gokhale, Bhgat singh,Bose, these people created congress and freedom movement. Main reason to get freedom to India was Second World War not Gandhi , Gandhi just rode on credit of freedom , Godase was patriot killing Gandhi won't make him traitor.

to achieve greatness Gandhi pushed India into Islamic terrorism that's what he did. he just fancy symbol of non-violence good for books not for real life.

if partition was not fragmentation then what was it....?And it happened in the lifetime of Gandhi just coz he wanted to install his favorite,Nehru as PM.

First of all ~ constitutionally there is no one who is called the Father of India. link

Actually that is your opinion ~ how I view pre-Independence Gandhi is very very different from how I view post independence Gandhi. While there is a good reason to celebrate the pre-independence Gandhi there is nothing to write home about post independence Gandhi.

And as for Godse being bracketed with Gandhi ~ you are putting words in my mouth. What gives the idea that I suggested that ? All I said was neither was Gandhi the Ram nor Godse the Raavan as is portrayed now. There was no white and black in that case. Everything was in gray. Why is that hard for certain people to understand ? Why do they have to demonize Godse in order to lionize Gandhi ? Did you forget that it was Gandhiji who mixed religion with politics with his hare-brained idea in giving the call for Khilafat ? And no there is nothing to suggest that I would have been 'shot' for expressing dissent. This is the same lame argument trotted out to those who prefer Subash Bose over Gandhi as well. You agree or not, it is a fact that the aura of Gandhiji has some exaggerated portions in it as well.

Even a great man like George Washington booted out the Loyalists after the American revolution. That is why America is the celebrated democracy today. Their foundation stones were very strong. Why is that haram in case some Indian (Godse) had a similar line of thought ?

BTW thank God we are not living in Gandhi's India either. No liberalization, no urbanization, disbanding army, only gram swaraj and spinning wheels in every house. You would have been planting your crops now and not typing these posts in a laptop.

We are living in an India that was brought up by many people with their combined efforts ~ not because of a single man. If at all, I think Late Shri PVNR played a more important rrole in building the 'modern India' than Gandhi.

if partition was not fragmentation then what was it....?And it happened in the lifetime of Gandhi just coz he wanted to install his favorite,Nehru as PM.

lo gee installation her jga hee problem rahi hi...pakistan bhi do-lkht hoa kukay favourite Bhutto ko jo install krna thaa...

First of all ~ constitutionally there is no one who is called the Father of India. link

Actually that is your opinion ~ how I view pre-Independence Gandhi is very very different from how I view post independence Gandhi. While there is a good reason to celebrate the pre-independence Gandhi there is nothing to write home about post independence Gandhi.

And as for Godse being bracketed with Gandhi ~ you are putting words in my mouth. What gives the idea that I suggested that ? All I said was neither was Gandhi the Ram nor Godse the Raavan as is portrayed now. There was no white and black in that case. Everything was in gray. Why is that hard for certain people to understand ? Why do they have to demonize Godse in order to lionize Gandhi ? Did you forget that it was Gandhiji who mixed religion with politics with his hare-brained idea in giving the call for Khilafat ? And no there is nothing to suggest that I would have been 'shot' for expressing dissent. This is the same lame argument trotted out to those who prefer Subash Bose over Gandhi as well. You agree or not, it is a fact that the aura of Gandhiji has some exaggerated portions in it as well.

Even a great man like George Washington booted out the Loyalists after the American revolution. That is why America is the celebrated democracy today. Their foundation stones were very strong. Why is that haram in case some Indian (Godse) had a similar line of thought ?

BTW thank God we are not living in Gandhi's India either. No liberalization, no urbanization, disbanding army, only gram swaraj and spinning wheels in every house. You would have been planting your crops now and not typing these posts in a laptop.

We are living in an India that was brought up by many people with their combined efforts ~ not because of a single man. If at all, I think Late Shri PVNR played a more important rrole in building the 'modern India' than Gandhi.

Standard obfuscation. This is a thread on Gandhi's influence on India. It remains pertinent. Ya, no one said it was only Gandhi's India but Gandhi did more to influence India than any other with the exception of Nehru whose long tenure guaranteed the democracy that we so take for granted. i'm no fan of Gandhi's economic policies but those were never followed, not even at that time, so not relevant. His influence on India & the world does make sure that his way, however watered down & distorted has more appeal than anyone else's.

Standard obfuscation. This is a thread on Gandhi's influence on India. It remains pertinent. Ya, no one said it was only Gandhi's India but Gandhi did more to influence India than any other with the exception of Nehru whose long tenure guaranteed the democracy that we so take for granted. i'm no fan of Gandhi's economic policies but those were never followed, not even at that time, so not relevant. His influence on India & the world does make sure that his way, however watered down & distorted has more appeal than anyone else's.

And this is the standard rebuttal of those who lionize Gandhiji beyond the merit he deserved. Nope. Its the alternate view point that too has its backing of history. And influence is not milk that can be measured in cans. So its entirely subjective. The only thing I can see as Gandhiji influence is the name "Gandhi" being bastardized and misused, religion mixed freely with politics and the concept of Ahimsa totally distorted. Other than that I cannot see one thing, in 2012 India, that can be called as influenced by Gandhiji and which has proved to be good for the country.

India has been there for thousands of years and if you think it was only one or two men who changed its destiny, sorry I cannot agree with you.

What has happened, has hapeened
What is happening will keep happening
What will happen will happen.

Actually no one is the Father of India. Gandhiji called the Father of India is like people saying Hindi is the national language.

And as for Godse, he was a man in grey. Not black, not white. Stop repeating the same propaganda that potrays him as evil incarnate. Gandhiji's attitude towards Hindus post independence was nothing to write home about.

I don't care what he was, his action only matters, and that was not good..he killed a noble man because of ideological difference.
Gandhi was the one who united the hearts of Indians and fought for independence, by saying this I am not ignoring the contributions of others like bose, bhagathsinh etc, in fact I think their way was more effective and quick.

I don't care what he was, his action only matters, and that was not good..he killed a noble man because of ideological difference.

Yes you dont care what he was an only see his action, in isolation. That is where you are going wrong. As I said before, Gandhiji is the not the Ram (absolute good) and Godse was not the Raavan (absolute evil) as is being potrayed. The fact is post-independence Gandhiji started behaving as the start and end of all and I'm not a fan of many of his actions and words. He was a human after all and had his failings. There is no need to deify him.

Gandhi was the one who united the hearts of Indians and fought for independence, by saying this I am not ignoring the contributions of others like bose, bhagathsinh etc, in fact I think their way was more effective and quick.

I repeat ~ how I view pre-independence Gandhiji is different from how I view post-independence Gandhiji.

It's not Gandhi's India , Tilak, Gokhale, Bhgat singh,Bose, these people created congress and freedom movement. Main reason to get freedom to India was Second World War not Gandhi , Gandhi just rode on credit of freedom , Godase was patriot killing Gandhi won't make him traitor.

to achieve greatness Gandhi pushed India into Islamic terrorism that's what he did. he just fancy symbol of non-violence good for books not for real life.

people you mentioned were very brave, and I support their method but they failed to organise a big enough resistance and mass support..which Gandhi and congress had.Gandhi too was a human being not a saint, he too had done mistakes but his mistakes are small compared to his contributions. it is shameful to call some one like godse patriot, if he is a patriot then the gun man who killed indira was a patriot, people who killed rajiv was a patriot, guys who attacked our army officer and who honoured them in golden temple are patriots..after all they too did it for ideological, sentimental reason.

Yes you dont care what he was an only see his action, in isolation. That is where you are going wrong. As I said before, Gandhiji is the not the Ram (absolute good) and Godse was not the Raavan (absolute evil) as is being potrayed. The fact is post-independence Gandhiji started behaving as the start and end of all and I'm not a fan of many of his actions and words. He was a human after all and had his failings. There is no need to deify him.

I repeat ~ how I view pre-independence Gandhiji is different from how I view post-independence Gandhiji.

I am not portraying Gandhi as a saint, I guess nobody in here does think so, but thankless people here completely ignore his sacrifices, leadership and contributions..and portray the guy who killed him as patriot or hero. I have read about godse's geologys, I agree with many of them, it is all gone wroth less because of his action.

India survived because they had some visionary leaders like Nehru, patel, Indera gandhi, MMS , Bazpai etc who were even though twisted to the core with hegemonic and tyrant mentality always had great ambitions and plans to implement those twisted ambitions. A fragmented India would have been the best option for peace and stability of S.asia and the world as a whole but then again this is a unfair world. Surprisingly Indians here hate gandhi family & call them secular for some reason. I thought Indians love to claim themselves as secular.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom