What's new

France to 'prevent' Muslim street prayers in Paris suburb

Śakra

Reaction score
Country
India
French authorities will stop Muslims from praying in a street north of Paris, the country's interior minister said on Sunday, after a series of protests by lawmakers and locals over what they view as an unacceptable use of public space.
"They will not have prayers on the street, we will prevent street praying," Interior Minister Gerard Collomb told Questions Politics (Franceinfo, France Inter, Le Monde).

Prayers in the street have taken place every Friday in the multiethnic suburb of Clichy-la-Garenne since March to protest the closure of a popular local mosque that had operated in a government building but since been turned into a library.

Worshippers have accused the authorities of not offering suitable land to build a new mosque and the interior minister acknowledged the need for an alternative: "Muslims must have a place of worship to pray."

"We will make sure we resolve this conflict in the next few weeks," he added.

A local Muslim association has said it intends to hold prayers in the city centre next Friday.

The row about prayer space saw around 100 local French politicians attempt to block worshippers on November 10th, disrupting the crowd by singing the French national anthem.

The rightwing mayor of Clichy, Remi Muzeau, has argued that another mosque already exists north of the town, but mosque leaders have dismissed that idea as unviable, arguing it is too small and has poor transport links.

France has around five million Muslims, and concern about the religion challenging the country's strict secular laws was a major theme in this year's presidential election.

Muslim religious leaders complain that not enough space is made available for those wanting to attend services, but building new mosques remains controversial, with the influential far-right National Front (FN) particularly hostile.

In 2011, FN leader Marine Le Pen compared the sight of Muslims praying on the streets to the occupation of France by the Nazis in World War II, leading her to be prosecuted -- and acquitted -- for inciting hatred.

https://www.thelocal.fr/20171119/france-to-prevent-muslim-street-prayers-in-paris-suburb

This same issue came up in 2011. Check the similar threads below.

In any case, we can see this is not an issue about public safety, but one rooted in hatred and the further spiraling of western Europe into their fascist comfort zone.

"The row about prayer space saw around 100 local French politicians attempt to block worshippers on November 10th, disrupting the crowd by singing the French national anthem."

France is already heading towards chaos, as protests against Macron is getting bigger in Paris. lol

France is already heading towards chaos, as protests against Macron is getting bigger in Paris. lol

Kyun? Why are they protesting this guy:
5610607977_5356f04349_b.jpg

I agree with this why are we showing off we have masjids we are in there land we should respect there culture.

The reason they pray in the streets is because French authorities do not allow them to build mosques.

They deny them permit for building Mosques...and then they end up praying in the streets and they “protest” that. These bigoted right wing nuts in India and France don’t have a problem with misuse of public space..they have a problem with Islam itself and it’s SO obvious.

You have to be pretty dumb not to see it..

Their country... their rules.

These people need to stop praying in public.

However, im curious if the would stop people from practising tai chi in.public???

the interior minister acknowledged the need for an alternative: "Muslims must have a place of worship to pray."

"We will make sure we resolve this conflict in the next few weeks," he added.
Solve it peacefully. Build a mosque and let them pray there. It's not nice to block roads for your prayer.

Most of the Muslims in France have a colonist relationship with France going back hundreds of years. Algeria for instance was a French department and movement between the two countries was encouraged. I know it must hurt being alone in the world as Hindus, essentially a turd in the punch bowl of the region, and a prolific saboteur of Muslims in any way shape or form... simply due to being inferior creatures that were mercifully allowed to live and breed like rats instead of wiped out.
Yeah I never believed in getting converted, and never glorified people who have nothing to do with me. Now that sounds like an inferior thing, really.

I'm thinking about the solution now...

May be I should protest against France banning the prayers on streets and then keep mum when China does something exactly like it. Yes, that's a superior thing to do. Got it.

Last edited:
I'm waiting for a Pakistani to post something like "it's their internal matter, their country their laws" etc etc in this thread.

But hey, I'll go to Chinese defence section.

Chinese never claimed that they are free society, they are openly following atheist communist ideology. China is not hypocrite..

Chinese never claimed that they are free society, they are openly following atheist communist ideology. China is not hypocrite..

That's like saying TTP isn't bad because they had openly declared war on Pakistan (hence they were simply attacking Pakistani civilians). They were just doing what they were supposed to (and expected to) do! As per your logic, TTP isn't hypocrite either.

If anyone is hypocrite, it's YOU. No offense.

I condemn both France and China for their religious persecution. I can't be selective like you people.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom