What's new

France says Pakistani pilots not trained for Rafale jets sold to Qatar

What the Indians dont seem to understand is that Pakistan also has good relations with Egypt, and Egypt will be keen to develop Rafale vs F16 Block 52+ tactics as that brings them closer to (but not perfect) understanding how Israeli F16s will behave. And, Pakistan can of course provide the F16s and Egypt the Rafales and the tactical knowledge will be shared between both parties.

India has purchased a "common" platform that is in service with other airforces, it is NOT exclusive to the Indian Airforce. They have to live with the fact that PAF will know how this platform operates from a technical perspective.

How India will deploy it, and the operational tactics are private to India. The capability of the Rafale is NOT private to India. Get used to it.

France says Pakistani pilots not trained for Rafale jets sold to Qatar
Pakistan
Web Desk
Thu, Apr 11, 2019

NEW DELHI: France has denied the media reports suggesting Pakistani pilots received training for Rafale jets that were sold to Qatar.

Alexandre Ziegler, Ambassador of France to India, replied to a tweet claiming that the ‘first batch of pilots trained for Qatar in November 2017 were Pakistani exchange officers’.

I can confirm that it is fake news, the envoy said.

Senior Indian journalists were sharing and commenting on the news item blaming the French government for giving Pakistan access to the advanced aircraft.

"France's @Dassault_OnAir has handed over the first Rafale combat jet to Qatar. The only catch? The first lot of pilots trained for Qatar in France are 'Pakistani exchange officers',” Rezaul Hasan Laskar, Hindustan Times' Foreign Editor had first taken up the matter.

Published in February, a news story in AINonline (Aviation International News) regarding the handing over of first Rafale jet, provided details of Qatar’s deal with Dassault Aviation for the purchase of 24 fighter jets.

Indian government has also signed a ‘shady’ deal with the French plane maker to buy fighter aircraft. The agreement has come under severe criticism by the opposition parties who have accused Prime Minister Narendra Modi of taking bribe from the company.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/4...ots-not-trained-for-rafale-jets-sold-to-qatar

It is fake news that Pakistani pilots trained on the exact batch that was sold to India.

very true.

do the geniuses and think tanks here realize that there are hundreds if not thousands of ex-pat (even dual national) Pakistanis who serve in many Arab forces?

so?
even in UK and US too

don't know about US much but seen them in UK
makes it easier for Arabs to train Pakistanis (who will eventually return to Pakistan at the end of the contract) and it makes it easier for the French to deceive India without lying

and how is this news in 2019?

LOL Rafale became more controversial for India. The damage is complete.

I love it how Indians and French are begging others to believe their narrative.

translation from french: Pakistani pilots weren't trained "in" france. 8-)

French will obviously deny the PAF pilots trained on Rafale fact because it will jeopardize the deal.

India is a cash cow for them. And Modi/Marcon has taken kickbacks in the defense deal.

What the Indians dont seem to understand is that Pakistan also has good relations with Egypt, and Egypt will be keen to develop Rafale vs F16 Block 52+ tactics as that brings them closer to (but not perfect) understanding how Israeli F16s will behave. And, Pakistan can of course provide the F16s and Egypt the Rafales and the tactical knowledge will be shared between both parties.

Egypt has good relation with India also with USA and France they will not jeopardize that by sharing tactics with Pakistan. What does Pakistan has that Egypt wants in return worth antaganizing these three countries.

Egypt has good relation with India also with USA and France they will not jeopardize that by sharing tactics with Pakistan. What does Pakistan has that Egypt wants in return worth antaganizing these three countries.

Saudia!

Saudi and UAE are in pockets of USA and they convinced them to invite India to the OIC Islamic Conference meeting where India berated Pakistan. Saudis gave Modi who commited genocide of Muslims the highest civilian award and is investing $10 billion. You are just deluding yourself.

No Qatari pilots with Pakistani passports were trained, however I can't say the same about Pakistani pilots with Qatari passports.

They were Qatari Pilots and the same will remain a fact. :enjoy:
There were no Pakistani Pilots and every document in France will mention the same. I will be happy to see that at-last Indian misunderstanding is cleared and France did it successfully. By the way I am not mentioning that how much of Qatari Forces comprises of Pakistani Exchange Officers as well as Pakistan Origin Personnel and the list will extend to other Gulf Countries as well. That is the reason as US separately mentioned Pakistani origin Pilots restricting from access to UAE Block-60 vipers.

If Indians are convinced the we shouldn't have any issue in this regard. Isn't that a good sign for India & France, both at the same time. At least, IAF is satisfied & they are already close to start taking delivery of Rafale. Had it been with me; I am at least happy to see them being convinced like this. :-)

Back
Top Bottom