What's new

France says it cannot deliver Mistral warship to Russia over Ukraine

People's Liberation Army Navy has their own variant, which is actually large (displacement of 20,000 tonnes) -- its the Yuzhao Type 071. It is the PLAN's own variant of Helicopter Carrier. The aft contains the landing platform , but the bow seems similar to the Type 052 DDG of the People's Liberation Army Navy.

The Type 071,

Type+071+YUZHAO+Jinggang+Shan%25E4%25BA%2595%25E5%2586%2588+999+Kunlun+Shan%25E6%2598%2586%25E4%25BB%2591%25E5%25B1%25B1+998+Amphibious+Transport+Dock+LPD+amphibious+warfare+ships+of+the+People%2527s+Republic+of+China%2527s+People%2527s+Liberation+Army+Navy+chinese+%25283%2529.jpg

Type_071-3.jpg

china+Type+071+amphibious+transport+dock%252C+or+landing+platform+dock+%2528LPD%2529++Type+071+%2528Yuzhao-class%2529+are+amphibious+warfare+ships+of+the+People%2527s+Republic+of+China%2527s+People%2527s+Liberation+Army+Navy+%25282%2529.jpg

type071-14.jpg

type071-17.jpg

We can, however, it is very pricy. 1 Hyuga Class (fully armed) is $1.2 billion. 1 Izumo Class (fully armed) is $1.5 billion. The JMSDF would save a lot of time and money if we were to acquire these Mistrals. In fact, we don't mind if they strip the Russian weapons and radar systems. That's fine, we can replace these with our own. We can avail of the hull.

First that's a ship for landing troop, like the San Antonio class, we are getting 3 more upgraded ones, and one of them is about to be launched.

The Helicopter carrier is a different animal, like the name we need helicopters, right now we have small numbers of them, well relatively, to America.

The type 71 and 71a is good, but it needs support from our carriers, which as it happens also won't be finished until about 2020, at least the first 2, the others is hard to say.

Helicopter carriers are more or less designed, but not built yet, considering the previous comment on not a lot of helicopters. Regardless of what people say it is not under construction. Got more realistic dreams right now, like advanced destroyers, subs, and frigates, to go with aircraft carriers, cause for whatever reason it's far easier for us to make a fighter than a helicopter.

In terms of helicopters we are going to rip off the Americans like never before, if we are still good with them by 2025, we'll look surprisingly similar in helicopters, and ships and pretty much everything. Oh and also Cujo, we got our own now.

But in terms of Mistral, the cost is more or less the same if you build it yourself. I'm assuming if you build it yourself it's going to be closer to your own needs and would work better. I also think the Izumo is what 30,000 ton rather than 20.

The Type 071 can still function as a helicopter carrier, and it completes the role as an AAS. Plus, the Type 071 is super cheap. Only $300 million per ship.

Yeah. But Type 071 is old and obsolete. Type 075 replaces it.

Landing+Helicopter+Dock+%28LHD%29+amphibious+assault+ships++People%27s+Liberation+Army+Navy+%28PLAN+or+PLA+Navy%29+Z-15+WZ-10+Z8+Z-9+ka-27282931+aew+vtolstol+j-18+STOVL+is+an+acronym+for+short+take+off+and+vertical+landing+%284%29.jpg

First that's a ship for landing troop, like the San Antonio class, we are getting 3 more upgraded ones, and one of them is about to be launched.

The Helicopter carrier is a different animal, like the name we need helicopters, right now we have small numbers of them, well relatively, to America.

The type 71 and 71a is good, but it needs support from our carriers, which as it happens also won't be finished until about 2020, at least the first 2, the others is hard to say.

Helicopter carriers are more or less designed, but not built yet, considering the previous comment on not a lot of helicopters. Regardless of what people say it is not under construction. Got more realistic dreams right now, like advanced destroyers, subs, and frigates, to go with aircraft carriers, cause for whatever reason it's far easier for us to make a fighter than a helicopter.

In terms of helicopters we are going to rip off the Americans like never before, if we are still good with them by 2025, we'll look surprisingly similar in helicopters, and ships and pretty much everything. Oh and also Cujo, we got our own now.

But in terms of Mistral, the cost is more or less the same if you build it yourself. I'm assuming if you build it yourself it's going to be closer to your own needs and would work better. I also think the Izumo is what 30,000 ton rather than 20.

Thank you for that information @Genesis . I really appreciate it. Do you happen to know the price of the Type 075 ?

Yeah. But Type 071 is old and obsolete. Type 075 replaces it.

Landing+Helicopter+Dock+%28LHD%29+amphibious+assault+ships++People%27s+Liberation+Army+Navy+%28PLAN+or+PLA+Navy%29+Z-15+WZ-10+Z8+Z-9+ka-27282931+aew+vtolstol+j-18+STOVL+is+an+acronym+for+short+take+off+and+vertical+landing+%284%29.jpg

Very impressive, i must say. Congratulations to the People's Liberation Army Navy in their decision to proceed with a Helicopter Carrier. Thanks for the pictures, too, @Superboy .

Thank you for that information @Genesis . I really appreciate it. Do you happen to know the price of the Type 075 ?

Very impressive, i must say. Congratulations to the People's Liberation Army Navy in their decision to proceed with a Helicopter Carrier. Thanks for the pictures, too, @Superboy .

Not sure but this is all the info available for now. Chinese Type 075 Class Amphibious Landing Helicopter Assault Ship LHA Under Construction | Chinese Military Review

Nobody really knows the price of these things, but just know, our military equipments are no longer cheap, they are in fact quite expensive. I won't say as expensive as American ones, but it's not cheap.

The 001, Liaoning reportedly cost anywhere between 2 billion to 4.5 or even 5.

We haven't yet, it's talked about, but no start date. So no wars for China, but when 2020 comes about, watch out, I believe Xi wants a war to cement China's place in the world, and 2020 would be the first available time without losing too many men.

Or he may just hold off and hand it off to the next round of leaders.

Yea, no, no plans to start yet. I also got info that says 120,000 ton super carrier is under construction. This is about as reliable.

It's a process, the Z-20 is already well on it's way to reality, only a matter of time for the other helicopters.

F-3 will never fly because the US won't allow it. The US killed Canada's CF-105 Arrow. The US kills F-3.

afraid it's true. we got Japan on a leash. they can't do anything without approval of the U.S.A

you kill me super boy.
:rofl::rofl:

Why is Russia not making these themselves ?

Have the russians decided Air craft carriers are sitting ducks for Moden Missles

afraid it's true. we got Japan on a leash. they can't do anything without approval of the U.S.A

you kill me super boy.
:rofl::rofl:

Well, all your so-called allies are just a group of poodles with a rope attached on their neck. :coffee:

The US has total comprehensive power throughout the world. Economically, politically, diplomatically, technologically, militarily, and culturally, no other country can match the combined power of the United States and there is nothing to indicate that will change. Your post is more wishful thinking than reality.

All I read is ordinary imperial hubris. Jingoist nonsense, as your world, society and reality crumble all around you. How very sad. Or are you really that blind to believe your gibberish? That would be even sadder.

Back
Top Bottom