What's new

France says it cannot deliver Mistral warship to Russia over Ukraine

SCO is currently the biggest alliance in the world at 30 million square kilometers the size of Africa.

size matters :disagree: and most of the countries in the SCO have border disputes between one another:omghaha:

I hope SCO is force of good though

The F3 Fighter, which will be based on the design of the Mitsubishi MTDX-ShinShin, is about the same size as the F-35 and the J-31.

j-31-j-20-su-50-f-22-f-35-if-x-f-3-atd-x-stealth.png

F-3 is about as big as JF-17 in size and engine power = 22,000 lb = JF-17 Block 3 and Tejas Mk 2's WS-13A / F414. F-35 is a medium sized fighter replacing F-16 which is F-2 sized.

F-3 and F-CK-1 are the same class.

size matters :disagree: and most of the countries in the SCO have border disputes between one another:omghaha:

I hope SCO is force of good though

There is no border dispute between SCO countries. SCO is Asia version of NATO.

To give a proper illustration, let me provide a visual of the recent photos of the Mitsubishi ATD-X Shinshin,

ATD-X-first-prototype.jpg

ATD-X-first-prototype-side.jpg

20140820_plane_article_main_image.jpg

Not deep down. They don't speak English plus they were brutalized and insulted by the US during WW2.

SCO is currently the biggest alliance in the world at 30 million square kilometers the size of Africa.

Germany and Japan both partnered up with the US post WW2 and became prosperous nations. They are both major allies and will be so well into the future.

Land mass means little in terms of alliances if countries have minimal geopolitical clout. Regardless, Russia and China are only business partners out of necessity.

To give a proper illustration, let me provide a visual of the recent photos of the Mitsubishi ATD-X Shinshin,

ATD-X-first-prototype.jpg

ATD-X-first-prototype-side.jpg

20140820_plane_article_main_image.jpg

Wingspan seems too short? :happy: Overall length is shorter than JF-17 which is 14.3 meters.

Germany and Japan both partnered up with the US post WW2 and became prosperous nations. They are both major allies and will be so well into the future.

Believe what you want, but don't expect them to back the US during WW3. In fact, they be enemies of America. :yes2:

Wingspan seems too short? :happy: Overall length is shorter than JF-17 which is 14.3 meters.

This is the ATD-X Shinshin, not the JF-17. :lol:

In addition, the wingspan is about 29.85 feet (about 9.099 m), slightly smaller than the F-35 Lightning II , which has a wingspan of 35 feet (10.7 m).

This is the ATD-X Shinshin, not the JF-17. :lol:

In addition, the wingspan is about 29.85 feet (about 9.099 m), slightly smaller than the F-35 Lightning II , which has a wingspan of 35 feet (10.7 m).

Slightly? That's a big difference. Completely different size class. JF-17 has 9.45 meters of wingspan (including pylons which I assume F-3 will not have).

Slightly? That's a big difference. Completely different size class. JF-17 has 9.45 meters of wingspan (including pylons which I assume F-3 will not have).

There is no comparison because the ATD-X shinshin is a 5th generation aircraft and has , naturally, superior qualities over any 4th or 3rd generation fighters. There is emphasis on low probability intercept radar which is integrated into the fighter, the high performance airframe of this craft, as well as the advanced avionics and engine that will be installed in this craft by Ishikawajima Harima Heavy Industries, as well as Mitsubishi Heavy Industries.

If you want to discuss further, we can do so in the ATDX thread in the East Asia Section. Japan's stealth jet prototype 'to fly this year' | Page 10

We have digressed from the subject matter, so let's get back to the topic about the Mistrals. Thanks.

There is no comparison because the ATD-X shinshin is a 5th generation aircraft and has , naturally, superior qualities over any 4th or 3rd generation fighters. There is emphasis on low probability intercept radar which is integrated into the fighter, the high performance airframe of this craft, as well as the advanced avionics and engine that will be installed in this craft by Ishikawajima Harima Heavy Industries, as well as Mitsubishi Heavy Industries.

If you want to discuss further, we can do so in the ATDX thread in the East Asia Section. Japan's stealth jet prototype 'to fly this year' | Page 10

We have digressed from the subject matter, so let's get back to the topic about the Mistrals. Thanks.

F-3 will never fly because the US won't allow it. The US killed Canada's CF-105 Arrow. The US kills F-3.

Yes, I ahve doubts about the Wasp rumor and especially this Mistral rumor, as that isn't even a rumor but a suggestion by some journalist.

The doubt is simply Japan can build its own, it's no better or worse than the other two, if needed, I'm sure 10,000 tons can be added to existing Japanese class of warships.

But I will say this, THE KOREANS STOLE OUR DESIGN!!!! DAMN THEM, WE CALL DIBS!!!

Yes, I ahve doubts about the Wasp rumor and especially this Mistral rumor, as that isn't even a rumor but a suggestion by some journalist.
The doubt is simply Japan can build its own, it's no better or worse than the other two, if needed, I'm sure 10,000 tons can be added to existing Japanese class of warships.

At $600 million for 1 Mistral , that's exceedingly cheap for any AAS platform. Imagine the Russians were going to receive 2 Mistrals , fully armed, at a price of $1.5 billion.

I think that the MoD can afford to purchase 2 AAS platforms for the same price the Russians were willing to pay. We'll see tho. One thing is clear, whoever gets these 2 mistrals is getting a deal. I hope we can avail of the opportunity.

At $600 million for 1 Mistral , that's exceedingly cheap for any AAS platform. Imagine the Russians were going to receive 2 Mistrals , fully armed, at a price of $1.5 billion.

I think that the MoD can afford to purchase 2 AAS platforms for the same price the Russians were willing to pay. We'll see tho. One thing is clear, whoever gets these 2 mistrals is getting a deal. I hope we can avail of the opportunity.
I'm saying you can build it yourself, why buy another two. It's not like Japanese manufacturers are known for delays. Just build two more, yours is bigger anyways, I think.

As of now I think Russia has some weapon systems on there and to strip itout and put in yours or French ones, it be better to just build your own.

If anyone is buying these two, it's not us, cause we got no helicopters available. Yea, if the French can hold off for like 10 years after we start induct a heavy Chinook-copy copter and another 30 ton helicopter, we may think about.

I'm saying you can build it yourself, why buy another two. It's not like Japanese manufacturers are known for delays. Just build two more, yours is bigger anyways, I think.

As of now I think Russia has some weapon systems on there and to strip itout and put in yours or French ones, it be better to just build your own.

If anyone is buying these two, it's not us, cause we got no helicopters available. Yea, if the French can hold off for like 10 years after we start induct a heavy Chinook-copy copter and another 30 ton helicopter, we may think about.

People's Liberation Army Navy has their own variant, which is actually large (displacement of 20,000 tonnes) -- its the Yuzhao Type 071. It is the PLAN's own variant of Helicopter Carrier. The aft contains the landing platform , but the bow seems similar to the Type 052 DDG of the People's Liberation Army Navy.

The Type 071,

Type+071+YUZHAO+Jinggang+Shan%25E4%25BA%2595%25E5%2586%2588+999+Kunlun+Shan%25E6%2598%2586%25E4%25BB%2591%25E5%25B1%25B1+998+Amphibious+Transport+Dock+LPD+amphibious+warfare+ships+of+the+People%2527s+Republic+of+China%2527s+People%2527s+Liberation+Army+Navy+chinese+%25283%2529.jpg

Type_071-3.jpg

china+Type+071+amphibious+transport+dock%252C+or+landing+platform+dock+%2528LPD%2529++Type+071+%2528Yuzhao-class%2529+are+amphibious+warfare+ships+of+the+People%2527s+Republic+of+China%2527s+People%2527s+Liberation+Army+Navy+%25282%2529.jpg

type071-14.jpg

type071-17.jpg

We can, however, it is very pricy. 1 Hyuga Class (fully armed) is $1.2 billion. 1 Izumo Class (fully armed) is $1.5 billion. The JMSDF would save a lot of time and money if we were to acquire these Mistrals. In fact, we don't mind if they strip the Russian weapons and radar systems. That's fine, we can replace these with our own. We can avail of the hull.

Type 071 is a landing dock, not a helicopter destroyer. Type 075 currently under construction is a helicopter destroyer, if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited:
The Type 071 can still function as a helicopter carrier, and it completes the role as an AAS. Plus, the Type 071 is super cheap. Only $300 million per ship.

Back
Top Bottom