What's new

France Imposes New Conditions on Rafale Deal With India

This is totally unacceptable behavior from France.

1) France should stop making these type of "quiet" requests and should make each and every conversation public so that the competitors are fully educated and can make informed counter proposals

2) It should not indulge in duplicity by publically claiming that Safran is pulling out of India and then coming back later with a offer to partner on Kaveri

@Picdelamirand-oil @BON PLAN @Taygibay @PARIKRAMA @Abingdonboy @randomradio @Nilgiri @cerberus @Ankit Kumar @Stephen Cohen

We have no way to separate truth from fiction because of the media leeches unfortunately.

I will wait for official releases on any matter governing this than rumours and gossip by "sources" talking to "media".

We have no way to separate truth from fiction because of the media leeches unfortunately.

I will wait for official releases on any matter governing this than rumours and gossip by "sources" talking to "media".

What more proof do we need. It is directly from the horse's mouth. Se below quote. :D

said the source, who spoke on condition of anonymity.

Indians don't fall for this deal! It's better to invest in Russian planes, as France is clearly trying to cheat you guys!

Change your Real Flag Mate. Why Shy away, are you feeling embarrased.

can some one break down what are these new conditions?

French Pressing for;

1. 36 Rafales = $8.9B
2. Mica/Meteor Amo = $1.0B
3. Maintenance Supprt = $0.5B
Total = $10.5B and on top of that

Item number one (1) to be signed First and farmost and only after that conclusion for offset clauses upto 50% would signed.

I thinks french are hardening their stance by every passing day as Indians bluff around Saab/Fteens are wearing out at the same time.

Whatever indian members prepogates specially Parik, but overall their bargaining positions is weaking up day by day and if they didn't act smart now they will end up with a very bad deal overall.

http://www.defensenews.com/story/defense/international/2016/07/06/rafale-jet-france-india/86752998/

Last edited:
French Pressing for;

1. 36 Rafales = $8.9B
2. Mica/Meteor Amo = $1.0B
3. Maintenance Supprt = $0.5B
Total = $10.5B and on top of that

Item number one (1) to be signed First and farmost and only after that conclusion for offset clauses upto 50% would signed.

I thinks french are hardening their stance by every passing day as Indians bluff around Saab/Fteens are wearing out at the same time.

Whatever indian members prepogates specially Parik, but overall their bargaining positions is weaking up day by day and if they didn't act smart now they will end up with a very bad deal overall.

http://www.defensenews.com/story/defense/international/2016/07/06/rafale-jet-france-india/86752998/
LOLz. If you would have any idea about what perrikar is doing, you would have not said so but anyway as a Pakistani, you have every right to find some 'feel good' out of nothing.

this isn't a "new condition" from the French.

Yet more cr@p to paint the French as greedy and working against India's interests.

Frenchs are greedy bcz they are humans and they are definitely working for their own interests too over India's.

Most of our jurnos are pretty good comedians. I wonder if they wanted a job in comic strips but ended up being a defense journalists.

I saw an article from an Indian media with headline.

"Indian Stealth Aircraft Tejas enters service" I was like :rofl: Half of PDF members could become better defence journos.

I saw an article from an Indian media with headline.

"Indian Stealth Aircraft Tejas enters service" I was like :rofl: Half of PDF members could become better defence journos.
Nothing beats a funny Indian jurno. Last month I saw a report on rafale deal by a news channel which said that rafale fighter aircraft is a upgraded version of mirage 2000:suicide:
and the same media house claimed that the new Air India One Boeing 777-300ER is a stealth aircraft which can also fire missiles.:rofl:

This is totally unacceptable behavior from France.

1) France should stop making these type of "quiet" requests and should make each and every conversation public so that the competitors are fully educated and can make informed counter proposals

2) It should not indulge in duplicity by publically claiming that Safran is pulling out of India and then coming back later with a offer to partner on Kaveri

Still not sure if this was or wasn't a tongue in cheek comment especially with the follow-through.
Number 1 sure sounds like sarcasm as France is the only side forced to discretion ( as it should be
in a mil deal ) and outlines our disadvantage as everyone else blabbers : MP, Media, losing corps.
Otherwise it should read :

1) India should stop making these type of "secret" (half-)reveals and should make each and every information public
... so that its potential enemies are fully educated and can make informed counter acquisitions.

hence the usual -said the source, who spoke on condition of anonymity. given in the follow-through?

What's more, taking this view that Dadeechi was joking would make more sense about number 2.
There is no duplicity at work. Safran has plants in India that are not going anywhere anytime soon.

What Safran said a few months back was that the intended MMRCA plant for M-88s could not be
built for just 36 ACs which makes sense. The new offer is for helping Kaveri become a reality.
We are talking about 2 different engines here, good people, to fit 2 different deals.

And wondering about Dadeechi making fun of the whole situation might actually provide a clue
about Indian media. They may not be as someone put it failed journos at everything else dumped
and recycled into defense reporting. Maybe they're recycled stand-up comics instead?

In which case they are certainly not failed and should have primetime spots on Comedy Central because it all became the longest running gag ever?

Frenchs are greedy bcz they are humans and they are definitely working for their own interests too over India's.

Not shocking IMHoO because it is true for all sides.
Heck, I'd rather be greedy over selling the best fighter available ...
then greedily taking advantage of India by selling it what the IAF's MMRCA evaluation proved were lesser alternatives.
In a perfect world, a buddy never cheats you out of a single penny.
In reality, honest chaps are those that make cash from you on a good deal
versus those ready to make cash by selling you crap even if at a discount.

Just sayin', good day all, Tay.

P.S. That :
So no one outside of a very select few from India and France have any knowledge of what is going on, least of the Indian media.
should be carved in stone somewhere. :tup:

Last edited:
Of course I was being sarcastic. That is the problem when one is serious most of the time and suddenly posts a sarcastic one. Guess I need to post more sarcastic ones.:D
See bro, this is why I am becoming convicined that your entire "F-16 is coming" assertation is some high level humour that we are all oblivious to.

See bro, this is why I am becoming convicined that your entire "F-16 is coming" assertation is some high level humour that we are all oblivious to.

I have some pleasant info on RAFALE but I will desist from posting it. People here are already unhappy for missing the mid june date.

I have some pleasant info on RAFALE but I will desist from posting it. People here are already unhappy for missing the mid june date.
I was rather annoyed that the June deadline had passed us by BUT after speaking to a friend of mine who has a (somewhat) pulse on the matter I'm pretty chill about it now. From what I understand, the "delay" is for justifiable reasons and will be more than worth it when the final deal is signed ;)

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom