What's new

France Imposes New Conditions on Rafale Deal With India

If any one knows French, they will recover the discounts in the jet deal through sales of equipment, materials, installation and training of plants for the manufacture of parts.

Indians don't fall for this deal! It's better to invest in Russian planes, as France is clearly trying to cheat you guys!

The way I see it (in the Indian context) is that under the past GoI/Defence Minister the only thing that was required to disrupt a defence procurement was an unsigned "anonomous" letter from a competitor. Now that the current DM has said he ignores such blatent attempts to disrupt the procurement process, the competitors have been forced to take the battle to the public domain

Thats basically hitting the nail on the head right there. Expect nothing to change, they have their final sanctuary.

Look I said before in safran engine thread.. if offset is euro 3bn then I understand is this

Offset Euro 3Bn
Offset @50%
Deal Euro 6 Bn or $6.5 Bn
Weapons package $1Bn comprising of scalp Storm shadow meteor and may be precision bombs.. I don't think Mica will be ordered now or may be a very small contingent.

So it's $7.5 Bn

Now if it's $8.9 Bn as article states with $1 Bn weapons then rest is $7.9bn then offset at 50% should be $4bn approx or Euro 3.6 Bn

So now why all over media offset is written nearly Euro 3Bn not nearly Euro 3.5Bn...

I don't understand why things are twisted o show French side as villains.. just now in another forum I was talking with a good sir on how safran deal is good and he was explaining it to bw game changer if true. And how it will benefit us..

I feel look at figures closely and you knw deal price without weapons is now $6.5 Bn d with weapons $7.5 Bn.. something which I have said in sticky some time back.. unless of course something new is added or changed..

I just don't get why this has been such a long and tedious negoitation.

Invest in the F-18s!

An excellent choice, but for some reason most Western countries seem unwilling to give India advanced weapons, or India is just being fussy. Either way, India should just invest in Russian planes in my opinion, they are India's safest choice.

Absolutely nothing.

Its media sensationalism + idle hands.
thanks so when this thing being signed for?
@PARIKRAMA give me an answer, its taking sooooooooooo loooooooooooooong

i thought your dm said by june and it was confirmed. so where the hell is the champagne.

This is totally unacceptable behavior from France.

1) France should stop making these type of "quiet" requests and should make each and every conversation public so that the competitors are fully educated and can make informed counter proposals

2) It should not indulge in duplicity by publically claiming that Safran is pulling out of India and then coming back later with a offer to partner on Kaveri

@Picdelamirand-oil @BON PLAN @Taygibay @PARIKRAMA @Abingdonboy @randomradio @Nilgiri @cerberus @Ankit Kumar @Stephen Cohen

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom