What's new

France Bans Muslims from Protesting against Mohammad Cartoons

It went with the killing of innocents, burning of vehicles and destruction of property.

Now Peace.

same situations often arises Indian also, govt may ban public gatherings and meeting sighting security reasons.
But what protesters do is , if they want they will continue to gather , demonstrate their protest, police comes and assert them, they will corporate with assert , then either they will be freed by police or they will take a bail.All these will be in the media tomorrow as a topic and you get your public attention to the matter.

they did not do this to ban peaceful protests, they banned it because they get violence. This aint no Gandhian protest..lets be honest here. which country would want the kind of " protest" going on now? get real.

Freedom of expression to us is not to kill, burn and destroy...as we are seeing

It did not surprise me as to HOW QUICKLY each of you equated PROTEST to violence! How the media has programmed you PROTEST FROM MUSLIMS = tyres burning, killling of innocence, destruction of properties...ALL the other thousands of PEACEFUL protesters (Both MUSLIMS and NON MUSLIMS in both Muslim majority countries as well as in Muslim minority countries!! Just google it) did not even make the sidelines of the common paper, but the 5 VIOLENT protest made HEADLINES of EVERY NEWSPAPER...lovely brainwashing!

Mind you these are people living in Europe, they know their rights and what is allowed...protesting peacefully, it is their right IT IS THE FREEDOM OF SPEECH to protest and denounce what they did not like...Freedom of expressing they do not agree with what happened!

Yup, I SEE all the FREEDOM!

A united response from the Muslim countries should be given to Le Francais, this former colonial power should be put on notice.

A united response from the Muslim countries should be given to Le Francais, this former colonial power should be put on notice.
What should be the response like?
Strangely the new president is leftie, who is supposed to be liberal (unlike his predecessor)

france is doing the right thing.. muslims never protest peacefully or anything else peacefully. they will indulge in violence. thats why its better to ban their protests.
France is a great place.. good job

Brainwashed! You are mistaking protests by SOUTH ASIAN MUSLIMS and that by MUSLIMS around the world...

Thousands in Nigeria peacefully protest anti-Muslim film- The Register Citizen

http://news.yahoo.com/muslims-decry-french-mohammad-cartoons-insult-104752406.html

Protesters at U.S. consulate in Toronto demand government action against anti-Islamic movie - thestar.com

Beijing officials head to Japan to ease tensions over Diaoyu Islands | South China Morning Post

German Muslims stage peaceful protest - The Local

Need anymore are you still happy with the 5 cities which made the HEADLINES over these OTHERS who didn't even make sidelines?

Should be diplomatic and political pressure on Paris and meetings with their leaders.
Diplomatic and political pressure to do what? To allow muslims to protest? Many muslim countries do not really have good record about their own minorities, I dont think they would like to be remined about that.

Diplomatic and political pressure to do what? To allow muslims to protest? Many muslim countries do not really have good record about their own minorities, I dont think they would like to be remined about that.

Neither do many of these former colonial powers have a good record on human rights but that doesn't stop them from preaching it everywhere meanwhile they have conducted more wide-spread violations throughout history and to this day in some cases.

Doesn't matter what records look like, France should be made an example of, Muslim countries should send their FM's to France and their discontent with French policymakers and French PM should be expressed whether anyone likes it or not. Some official arm bending will help.

Funny THAT coming from you! :)

Milk finished cant have milo...got insomnia I think :cry:

Ah..... I hope I could help! At the moment my head is exploding as well. Just ate a pill for headache, waiting for it to take effect and then me off to sleep.

Ah..... I hope I could help! At the moment my head is exploding as well. Just ate a pill for headache, waiting for it take effect and then me off to sleep.

Same here...actually I do not like being up this late...makes me hungry...I will be hitting the beds soon...am tired went on shopping spree :P

I dont think france cares a lot for any religion. They dont associate good things with what the protestors preach and consider that as an attack on liberty.

The french must be slapped in the face with a glove for this insult.

The french must be slapped in the face with a glove for this insult.

Not to worry. It is coming to a town near everyone as well. Just give it some time and everyone will get a chance to prove that words can be put into action.

Back
Top Bottom