Spring Onion

PDF VETERAN
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Four terrorists killed in southeastern Turkey
19 March 2011, Saturday / TODAY’S ZAMAN, İSTANBUL
0 Add to Google
Four terrorists from the outlawed Kurdistan Workers’ Party (PKK) were killed in the southeastern province of Bingöl on Friday after clashes erupted between terrorists and security forces.

The clashes occurred in a rural area near the Kiğı and Adaklı districts. A group of soldiers were patrolling the area when they encountered a group of PKK terrorists in the early morning hours. The ensuing clashes resulted in the deaths of four terrorists. However, some sources reported that nine terrorists had been killed. Two village guards were wounded in the clashes, according to reports. The Turkish military immediately launched a large-scale operation assisted by helicopters and warplanes in the area after the clashes. It was still under way when Today’s Zaman went to print.

The clashes came after the PKK announced earlier this month that it was ending a unilateral cease-fire, which it referred to as a “non-action decision.” The cease-fire was declared on Aug. 13 of last year. Analysts believe the PKK will launch violent attacks across Turkey to provoke voters ahead of the June 12 parliamentary elections.

Four terrorists killed in southeastern Turkey

I hope Turkish army will kill 'em all soon and we will live in peace.

ACCOMODATE RATHER THAN HATE STRATEGY SHOULD BE ADOPTED.

Things are going to heat up again this spring unfortunately. Happy hunting Mehmets and speedy recovery to the wounded.

Since March 8th
7 Killed
4 Surrendered
2 Captured

We should be doing heavy Intel gathering during these ceasefire games the PKK is playing. Then when they announce their end be the first to launch attacks on their strongholds. If we kept up what we did to them in the 90s i doubt they would have had much capability left now.

I believe that's why we want our own recon sat, i guess the intel exchange with the US the past year or more has been very nice. Also the news uncovered about certain officers in the armed forces didn't react to the intel received, which caused the death of our mehmetcik might have something to do with it as well.

Maybe that is partly the reason for transfering the intelligence gathering unit in turkey under MIT.

If we kept up what we did to them in the 90s i doubt they would have had much capability left now.

Yes, Jigs you are right again but that time period we had strong-willed a government ... Now we have only a puppet !!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom