What's new

Four PDF entries blocked by GOI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Abe Madarssa educated illiterate pakistani, atleast read my post carefully before crying out loud.
you are one of those. anti india trolls damaging the quality of this forum.

feeling insure ? :lol:

Internet censorship, arrests on text msgs, world wide humiliation
who's feeling insecure? ofcourse bharat mata and saffron elements.

Lol...shining India....
Rather 'banning india'.

There goes your freedom of expression/speech/choice.

The same Haji sahibs (the likes of vsdoc) were suffering from convulsions when Pakistan banned FB for hosting inappropriate pics of the Holy Prophet (PBUH) (though even at that time PDF took a neutral stance against the wishes of many of its Pakistani members), now i wonder with what face do the same champions of freedom say:
Asim, you are equally culpable for hosting stuff which should not have been on your forum.

I guess we are seeing the evolution of states begining to draw the line on social media and their responsibilities.

The Internet is not just cyber traffic when it crosses national boundaries and enters the homes of citizens.

Citizens who pay taxes and are deserving of the state's protection.

Citizens also who enjoy the states largese and have responsibilities towards the state.

Sharam magar tum ko nahi ati...

What a shameful act by Indian government so defence.pk is the reason behind unrest in Indian cities? LoL LoL

I see many Indians supporting this shameful act after all you people are no different from your government.

No different from our Govt ?

Why should we be any different ? We both have the best interests of India on our minds - always.

Some people have raised the issue that why it took long to remove the thread.

1) We don't disallow the posting of serious issues around the world.
2) We can't validate claims made on this forum as being right or wrong
3) We don't generally remove wrong claims, since people have the equal opportunity to point out that a claim is wrong
4) We mostly removed the thread because it contained graphic content. It is still hot news and still a thread exists on it.

Some people have raised the issue that why it took long to remove the thread.

1) We don't disallow the posting of serious issues around the world.
2) We can't validate claims made on this forum as being right or wrong
3) We don't generally remove wrong claims, since people have the equal opportunity to point out that a claim is wrong
4) We mostly removed the thread because it contained graphic content. It is still hot news and still a thread exists on it.

I do not agree to the reason.. For most Pakistan related stuff (where Pakistan is accused of stuff), the deletion is prompt and the poster has the burden of proof to validate his posts.

On the other hand the responsibility is turned on its head and it falls to the audience to prove that the thread is fake if the thread is anti India

I am not complaining though, since this is a Pakistani forum and such tilt is expected.. But dont try to say otherwise.. Kind of insulting to folks with intelligence ;)

The same Haji sahibs (the likes of vsdoc) were suffering from convulsions when Pakistan banned FB for hosting inappropriate pics of the Holy Prophet (PBUH) (though even at that time PDF took a neutral stance against the wishes of many of its Pakistani members), now i wonder with what face do the same champions of freedom say:

I never had convulsions at your prophet's issue on FB or otherwise. I have gone on record here on this very forum in saying that we in India know the true meaning religious tolerance and treading a careful path of religious political correctness.

We have learned the hard way, as any from my generation growing up in the 70s and 80s will tell you. Where a pg's head thrown in front of a mosque or a cow's carcass in front of a mandir would lead to 4 states of India (cumulatively twice Pakistan's size) going up in flames and killing orgies lasting more than a month or two.

Our religious problems are because of Partition. Your's are in spite of the Partition.

Therin lies the rub.

P.S. I am not a Haji. I have not even been to Iran yet.

Sharam magar tum ko nahi ati...

Sharam kis baat ki?

I do not agree to the reason.. For most Pakistan related stuff (where Pakistan is accused of stuff), the deletion is prompt and the poster has the burden of proof to validate his posts.

On the other hand the responsibility is turned on its head and it falls to the audience to prove that the thread is fake if the thread is anti India

I am not complaining though, since this is a Pakistani forum and such tilt is expected.. But dont try to say otherwise.. Kind of insulting to folks with intelligence ;)

Absolutely agree.

Don't need to lok beyond the Kashmir issue.

Where fidayeen pigs are called freedom fighters.

Where an insurgency is called a War.

And where only those Indians who have survived to something like 8000 posts have the friggin right to comment.

Lekin tum log ko sharam kahan aati hai?

Aap karein to saarrry,

Hum karein to anaadi?

Chinta ta chitta chitta .....

Deletion is done when the topics are not allowed on the forum (i.e. beyond the purview of the debate of this forum).

Now obviously we don't know if you say you're Superman, whether or not you really are. But Vsdoc is free to challenge your assertion that you are superman or not.

Same way there is total freedom to post something against your country, and you have total freedom to challenge the accuracy and validity of the post.

If we start saying "No you're wrong, you're correct" then hogaya debate. That would be defeating the purpose of freeedom and this forum.

It's ridiculous for any government to block any website.

This list from the Indian government is dumb founding.

ABC.net.au which is the Australian State Media is blocked. No idea why that would be.

CIS hasn't published the complete list of the blocked items given "the sensitivity of the issue" but has posted a list of domains from which specific items have been asked to be blocked, though the websites have not been blocked. The list follows:

CIS hasn't published the complete list of the blocked items given "the sensitivity of the issue" but has posted a list of domains from which specific items have been asked to be blocked, though the websites have not been blocked. The list follows:

The list affects us more than the blockade since it has motiviated attackers against us.

It was quite irresponsible of them to take our name like this.

We are now in the bad books with Indian Govt , geez we are so naughty :D

I wonder if they couldn't find the "Contact Us" page. Anyways, thanks for the publicity. :woot:

The list affects us more than the blockade since it has motiviated attackers against us.

It was quite irresponsible of them to take our name like this.

What would you do if faked news articles, faked pics and flooding of panicky news are presented to your popula through various medias that can affect the morale of certain people inside your country?

Ignore it and act as if its okay under freedom of speech .?

Does your country in any way tolerate discriminatory articles, speeches in areas of religion, race, geography in the name of freedom of speech?

In a democratic country , the safeguard of nation and its people comes first.

Indian government doesnt need to tolerate the freedom of speech of certain people from across the border.

You can try it in ur country by allowing blasphemous articles, speeches and studies in the name of "freedom of speech".

I wonder if they couldn't find the "Contact Us" page. Anyways, thanks for the publicity. :woot:

Publicity by any means ,even on negative grounds wont last in long run. History has witnessed it long before.!

Twitter agrees to block six fake PMO accounts

Social networking site Twitter has agreed to cooperate with the government in blocking six fake accounts "misrepresenting" Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, officials said Thursday.

Twitter has around 16 million accounts in India.

"Twitter has agreed to cooperate in blocking the six fake PM accounts. and we welcome their cooperation. They responded to our complaint, saying we need to follow an internal channel to lodge a formal complaint in the matter," the prime minister's media adviser Pankaj Pachauri told IANS.

"We have forwarded their communication to the ministry of communications and IT for necessary action," Pachauri said.

"We had earlier complained through email to the six fake twitter accounts individually," he said.

According to Pachauri, a person behind one of the accounts PM0India wrote back saying he had changed the name of his twitter account to thehinduexpress, which proved that some people were up to some mischief on the social networking site.

The official said the fact that the government sought just six accounts out of 16 million to be blocked for misrepresenting the prime minister shows New Delhi did not favour a blanket ban on Twitter.

Some of the fake Twitter accounts misrepresenting the prime minister included @Indian_pm, @PMOIndiaa, @dryumyumsingh, @PM0India.

Officials said the source of these fake accounts could be outside the country.

Opening the prime minister's Twitter account was Pachauri's brainchild to reach out to the community through new media after he joined the PMO early this year.

Over the past few days, the government has also blocked around 300 websites which it blamed for spreading rumours that sparked an exodus of the northeast people from Bangalore and Chennai.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom