What's new

Four killed in Peshawar mosque blast

ice_man

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
PESHAWAR: At least four people were killed, and 27 were injured in a blast outside a mosque, near Meena Bazaar in Peshawar on Saturday, reported Express News.

The blast was in the Jamia Chishtia mosque. The walls of the mosque and nearby houses were damaged due to the blast. The bazaar immediately shutdown after the blast.

Express News correspondent Ehtisham Bashir reported that people were going to the mosque for prayers when the blast took place.

Rescue teams and police have arrived at the site. The bomb disposal squad before clearing the site said that initial investigations had suggested explosive materials weighing between three to four kilogrammes was detonated through a remote controlled device.

An official said that 27 injured were brought to the Lady Reading hospital and two of them were in critical condition. At least four of those injured were children. The official added that there were no women and children among the casualties.

Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa Chief Minister Ameer Haider Khan Hoti condemned the attack and ordered for the injured to be given free treatment.

On October 28, 2009, a huge blast took place in Charri Koban Bazaar — the meeting point of Meena Bazaar and Kochi Bazaar – which was mostly filled with women. The blast, the deadliest attack in the history of Peshawar, claimed around 120 lives and left more than 200 injured and traumatised for the rest of their lives.

Note: This is a developing story and will be updated accordingly.

Another attempt to stir secterian violence.
But the mosque name Jamia Chishtia by the sound of it looks Sunni, then how come a Sectarian angle is targeted ? Unless ur insinuating that the Jhangvis and Sahabas blast their own mosques and target Shias as a result ?

To me, it clearly looks a work of the Taliban. Good or Bad, i no longer bother with, since the lines have blurred long before in the scheme of targeting innocent civilians and blowing up innocent women/kids.

But the mosque name Jamia Chishtia by the sound of it looks Sunni, then how come a Sectarian angle is targeted ? Unless ur insinuating that the Jhangvis and Sahabas blast their own mosques and target Shias as a result ?

To me, it clearly looks a work of the Taliban. Good or Bad, i no longer bother with, since the lines have blurred long before in the scheme of targeting innocent civilians and blowing up innocent women/kids.

Its seems like an attacks on Sunni muslims who believe in Sufism.

Barelvi mosque.

And above all shias had been attacking sunnis as well. that is another point.

in this case any third group can be involved as by creating a division these third parties (terrorists) take advantage

God knows how many innocents will die in this war on terror. Those terrorists have constantly been destroying our cities and murdering our people. There has to be strict action against them. Furthermore my deep worry is the artillery and airforce strikes that mistakenly kill civilians instead of militants.

We have to win hearts and minds in this war. Is it pre-mature to assume that the Taliban committed this act or was it the Lashker E Jhangvi

Is sunni and shia has different mosque in islam. Strange

There is NO SHIA SUNNI In ISLAM.
thereas no shia sect in Islam.

shias can offer prayers in any mosque so can sunnis

God knows how many innocents will die in this war on terror. Those terrorists have constantly been destroying our cities and murdering our people. There has to be strict action against them. Furthermore my deep worry is the artillery and airforce strikes that mistakenly kill civilians instead of militants.

We have to win hearts and minds in this war. Is it pre-mature to assume that the Taliban committed this act or was it the Lashker E Jhangvi

an attempt to pitch shias vs sunnis.

Unfortunate Incident RIP.

May be media should stop highlighting about the sects and numbers of who died in these blasts. This will polarize the society, harms the harmony.

unfortunatley our media is not nationalist.

it should be in such cases to avoid spreading hate.

unfortunatley our media is not nationalist.

it should be in such cases to avoid spreading hate.

May be Pakistani Parliament should instruct these media guys about the highlighting these things. When the country going through some kind of crisis, Some freedom of media can be curbed in the interest of National integrity.

i dont get this what madness is this how according to islam barelvi , shia , sunni , daeobandy ar ahmedi mosque are diff. from each other when all of them above are muslims and all beleave in allah and his rasool then why are these criminals targetting muslims in name of islam today Jinnah and iqbal must be weeping there blood tears in there graves and must be asking for forgivness to the almighty as in his wildest of imagination he must not have ever ever thaought of such a land of pure

this is disghusting

RIP to the dead and may god bless the unjured and there families

There is NO SHIA SUNNI In ISLAM.
thereas no shia sect in Islam.

shias can offer prayers in any mosque so can sunnis

Here in India we have different. Sunni Masjids and Shia Imambaras. Even Boris have separate mosques, don't know what they call them. I did not know there was Baerlvi sect also.

Barelvi mosque.

And above all shias had been attacking sunnis as well. that is another point.

in this case any third group can be involved as by creating a division these third parties (terrorists) take advantage

Another fake claim. These Barelvis are attacked by other Sunnis who consider Barelvis as grave worshipers. Why are you maligning Shias.

Back
Top Bottom