What's new

Four-day meat ban in Mumbai during Jain fasting period

Do you support this four-day meat ban in Mumbai during Jain fasting period? (For Indians only)

• Total voters
Just to clarify, I voted for Modi.

I fought tooth and nail with a board full of Americans, Europeans, some Chinese, and a bunch of coconuts and a shriveled banana for nearly 6 months supporting him, his ideas, Hindutva, and exposing the others. In a runup to last year's elections.

Then I got banned.

Coming back, I would not say I am disappointed. Yet.

But I am not overly excited about some of the LNS on display either.

Catharsis time is over folks. You are getting on some nerves now.

Last edited:
Modi can't dictate the BJP...he is part of RSS BJP combo..BJP is not like Congress which is run on the diktats of one member or a family...we should not blame modi for this...another thing is it's hardly been a year and a half since he came to power...we should not be so naive to see the results of development this early.let's wait another two years before we judge this govt.

I do agree bjp govt should not have involved in this matter..they attract the wrath of non vegetarians like me.:D

But this ban was started during Congressi tiimes was it not? It seems like there is quite a bit of media manipulation as well. The issue is that lefties for whatever reason have a visceral hatred of modi which they did not of vajpayee, so the amount of misinformation that is put out is phenomenal.

Millions are starving in Hindia, while food is wasted on Hindian streets

12020024_1024560817580357_6171449417329269497_n.jpg

Last edited:
But this ban was started during Congressi tiimes was it not? It seems like there is quite a bit of media manipulation as well. The issue is that lefties for whatever reason have a visceral hatred of modi which they did not of vajpayee, so the amount of misinformation that is put out is phenomenal.

The clarification was given in the first page itself, and nobody so far has contested it. BJP shouldn't have fingered with it further. It's either a stupid politics, or a bull$hit agenda of defining India with vegetarianism.

Actually this ban was only localized to the area of mira road and another place where jains are in a majority . today's ban is a blanket one over mumbai.

Millions are starving in Hindia, while food is wasted on Hindian streets

12020024_1024560817580357_6171449417329269497_n.jpg
Nice tasty would be beef burgers wasted on road malnutritioned poorly fed animals deserve a respectable end to serve human being as food.

Ok, see. I don't support it either. I only support a cow slaughter ban. Rest is votebank politics. Anybody with intelligence will understand it.

Democracy is all about vote Bank. What is wrong with it ? Isn't that the whole point of having a democracy ? so that your vote count and you can come together with like minded individual to constitute a vote bank and make yourself heard ?

Only point is that the decisions taken should be within the Indian Constitution and should follow rules of natural Justice.

Since our nation has already accepted "Alcohol ban" during certain days, what is wrong in "Slaughter ban" on certain days ?

No Dharmic religion looks favourable upon any kind of slaughter. Our civilization has evolved beyond this primitive need to take blood. Our society encourages self restraint and harmony with Nature.

Since this ban is in line with ALL of this, how is this a problem ?

Democracy is all about vote Bank. What is wrong with it ? Isn't that the whole point of having a democracy ? so that your vote count and you can come together with like minded individual to constitute a vote bank and make yourself heard ?

Only point is that the decisions taken should be within the Indian Constitution and should follow rules of natural Justice.

Since our nation has already accepted "Alcohol ban" during certain days, what is wrong in "Slaughter ban" on certain days ?

No Dharmic religion looks favourable upon any kind of slaughter. Our civilization has evolved beyond this primitive need to take blood. Our society encourages self restraint and harmony with Nature.

Since this ban is in line with ALL of this, how is this a problem ?
No. Vote bank politics is the negative point of a democracy. There is a slight difference between the two.

The method of protest is in bad taste.

I personally support only a blanket ban on cow slaughter. I am not in favor of a law banning all meat. My take. Even if it is done, the overt threats to the Jains is unfortunate.

No. Vote bank politics is the negative point of a democracy. There is a slight difference between the two.

The method of protest is in bad taste.

I personally support only a blanket ban on cow slaughter. I am not in favor of a law banning all meat. My take. Even if it is done, the overt threats to the Jains is unfortunate.

I have pointed out the two conditions Vote bank politics must satisfy, beyond that, how is it negative ? Its is largely a positive thing which has been made to look ugly due to it being applied outside the norms of natural justice.

The protest is certainly in bad taste and ALSO ILLEGAL.

I am talking about "SLAUGHTER BAN" and you are talking about "MEAT BAN". Do you see how the debate gets distorted by prejudice and assumptions ?

Jainism is a different religion altogether.
Yet it is classified in the constitution as a branch of Hinduism. All religions are under attacked and are given a Hindu link in the Hindutva's thinking. Our culture is under siege, our religion is under siege other than our land being occupied.

Yet it is classified in the constitution as a branch of Hinduism. All religions are under attacked and are given a Hindu link in the Hindutva's thinking. Our culture is under siege, our religion is under siege other than our land being occupied.
Hindu Occupied Lucknow.
hitler-munich-agreement.jpg

Back
Top Bottom