What's new

Four Bangladesh bloggers charged with defaming Islam.

Since Bangladesh is a "secular" country, being atheistic can hardly be a crime. I'm not sure of the specifics of this case but if the charge is of offending "all religions", I can hardly see a case. I dont get this business of offending all religions. Every religion that believes in being the only one is offensive to every other religion & they in return, by being there, are offensive to the said religion. For exaample, a Islamic claim of their god being the only one & there being no other God but him can conceivable be read as to accuse every other religion of being fake & therefore should constitute an insult to those religions. Who is going to be booked for that? Buddhism is essentially atheistic in nature, would their denial of God warrant a case of insulting "other" religions? This is quite simply silly territory.

No it is not blasphemous, only through healthy Q&A confusions can be cleared and information can be shared. It means Peace Be Upon Him.

Oh yes, ofcourse. Thanks. And what is the genesis of this phrase. Why is it always added when taking the Prophet's name. Can the prophet's name be taken or is that blasphemous?

What is the full form of PBUH? Please ignore if the question is blasphemous.
I appreciate that you asked a question. Ask any question without hesitation.
S.A.W , PBUH
are abbreviations and represent the same Arabic phrase, salla Allahu alaihi wa-sallam.
In English, Muslims often use the acronym
"PBUH" instead.
The meaning of this phrase is "may Allah's peace and blessings be upon him."
It is a standard Muslim expression of love and respect for the Prophet.

Since Bangladesh is a "secular" country, being atheistic can hardly be a crime. I'm not sure of the specifics of this case but if the charge is of offending "all religions", I can hardly see a case. I dont get this business of offending all religions. Every religion that believes in being the only one is offensive to every other religion & they in return, by being there, are offensive to the said religion. For exaample, a Islamic claim of their god being the only one & there being no other God but him can conceivable be read as to accuse every other religion of being fake & therefore should constitute an insult to those religions. Who is going to be booked for that? Buddhism is essentially atheistic in nature, would their denial of God warrant a case of insulting "other" religions? This is quite simply silly territory.

No you kinda got it wrong....they were not arrested for being atheists....they made particularly offensive statements against Islam and 'criticized' other religions in their blogs....I do not agree with the arrest as I believe in freedom of speech but in this particular case they did break the law....They broke an existing law that prohibits making statements against religion and 'disrupting communal harmony'.Problem is a Internet law was passed after their arrest I do not if it is legal to charge a person for a crime which was not a crime when the crime was committed.

Oh yes, ofcourse. Thanks. And what is the genesis of this phrase. Why is it always added when taking the Prophet's name. Can the prophet's name be taken or is that blasphemous?
It's either Highly recomended or cumpulsory.

There is a hadeeth about it.
It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) said: The
Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him)
ascended the minbar and said:
“Ameen, ameen, ameen.” It was said: ‘O Messenger of Allah, you ascended the minbar and said, ‘Ameen, ameen, ameen.”
He said: “Jibreel (peace be upon him)
came to me and said: ‘If Ramadan comes and a person is not forgiven, he will enter Hell and Allah will cast him far away. Say Ameen.’ So I said Ameen.
He said:‘O Muhammad , if both or one of a person’s parents are alive and he does not honour them and he dies, he will enter Hell and Allah will cast him far away. Say Ameen.’ So I said Ameen.

He said: ‘If you are mentioned in a person’s presence and he does not send blessings upon you and he dies, he will enter Hell and Allah will cast him far away.
Say Ameen.’ So I said Ameen.”

No you kinda got it wrong....they were not arrested for being atheists....they made particularly offensive statements against Islam and 'criticized' other religions in their blogs....I do not agree with the arrest as I believe in freedom of speech but in this particular case they did break the law....They broke an existing law that prohibits making statements against religion and 'disrupting communal harmony'.Problem is a Internet law was passed after their arrest I do not if it is legal to charge a person for a crime which was not a crime when the crime was committed.

Islam get offeneded by tiny things.. I wonder how radical thought it is.. Islam is not open to discussion, Its not open to criticism...

I wonder why god made non-Muslims.. Non Muslims are just cannon fodder for Him..

Islam get offeneded by tiny things.. I wonder how radical thought it is.. Islam is not open to discussion, Its not open to criticism...

I wonder why god made non-Muslims.. Non Muslims are just cannon fodder for Him..

Criticism is one thing and insult is quiet another.

You wont tolerate any abuse to your hindu gods either

On the other hand the bloggers are charged for breaking internet laws.

You are lucky your not in the old-testament era....you would be struck down by lightning and your whole city would have been turned upside down by the time I replied to your comment!Thank god for that!:angel:

Criticism is one thing and insult is quiet another.

You wont tolerate any abuse to your hindu gods either

On the other hand the bloggers are charged for breaking internet laws.

Funny,hindus make fun of their gods in comedy shows and you are telling them. Yes,I do not agree with the bloggers and I think they should be fined.But jailing them is extreme and will only make them more atheist.It is better to debate and try to convince that their viewpoint is erroneous .

Funny,hindus make fun of their gods in comedy shows and you are telling them. Yes,I do not agree with the bloggers and I think they should be fined.But jailing them is extreme and will only make them more atheist.It is better to debate and try to convince that their viewpoint is erroneous .

The government already has taken care that they do not have to deal with such 'sensitive' issues in the future ....They have taken total control of the internet already....They will be shutting down whatever blog sites they want in the future!

Religious ideologies should be challenged. Each and every verse should be a subject of query and counter assessment. This should not be seen as a bare criticism rather a method establishing the faith on a much more concrete platform. At the same time,the logical debate between atheism and theism should not cross the line of vulgarity and insolence.

I don't think so hindus abuse their gods.

anyway this case is not about atheists' beliefs but its about their breach of the internet laws .

Religious ideologies should be challenged. Each and every verse should be a subject of query and counter assessment. This should not be seen as a bare criticism rather a method establishing the faith on a much more concrete platform. At the same time,the logical debate between atheism and theism should not cross the line of vulgarity and insolence.

Well everybody is not Hitchens....it is really easy to cross the line for anyone....besides the line is different for different people!

I don't think so hindus abuse their gods.

anyway this case is not about atheists' beliefs but its about their breach of the internet laws .

You don't live in india so do not jump to conclusions....

we don't abuse our God and we are very clear about our religion.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangla...led-insulting-islam-pbuh-2.html#ixzz2eZbShkIM

Thats funny.A lot of pakistanis on facebook abuse islam and make fun of the hadiths and its verses.

You don't live in india so do not jump to conclusions..

Do you live in India?? if so can you post few abuses which hindus used for their gods?..

Thats funny.A lot of pakistanis on facebook abuse islam and make fun of the hadiths and its verses.

internet is a funny thing anyone can pose anything and post anything using fake names.

anyway a Muslim who abuse his Prophet (PBUH) and Allah, is surely NOT a Muslim. simple as that.

We Muslims believe in all Abrahamic Prophets and don't abuse any.

Back
Top Bottom