What's new

Four Bangladesh bloggers charged with defaming Islam.

You are making a mistake. I have already pointed out that religion cannot be examined by empirical methods which are applicable only to natural phenomena. How do you examine the validity of scriptures through the scientific method?? Say the existence of heaven or hell? Empirically one cannot detect their presence. So do we reach a conclusion that heaven / hell, and by implication- God does not exist. Religion is supposed to provide suggestions towards those great metaphysical questions which are beyond science and logic.

I don't need to go to heaven or hell.....I just need to look at claims in scriptures that can be verified.....Like the creation of the universe(Hinduism,Islam and Christianity has different versions of it)....creation of the human species....claims about nature etc.If a scripture is divine it should get all these facts right....if it doesn't get it right then the scripture is not divine and the religion is not valid.Religions are not only about metaphysics because they make a lot of physical claims.These should be tested!

You are making a mistake. I have already pointed out that religion cannot be examined by empirical methods which are applicable only to natural phenomena. How do you examine the validity of scriptures through the scientific method?? Say the existence of heaven or hell? Empirically one cannot detect their presence. So do we reach a conclusion that heaven / hell, and by implication- God does not exist. Religion is supposed to provide suggestions towards those great metaphysical questions which are beyond science and logic.

So in other words what you are saying is that religion is all guesswork and the product of human imagination.

I don't need to go to heaven or hell.....I just need to look at claims in scriptures that can be verified.....Like the creation of the universe(Hinduism,Islam and Christianity has different versions of it)....creation of the human species....claims about nature etc.If a scripture is divine it should get all these facts right....if it doesn't get it right then the scripture is not divine and the religion is not valid.Religions are not only about metaphysics because they make a lot of physical claims.These should be tested!

You sure that Islam and Christianity have basically different views on the creation of the universe? If yes, then how is that basically?

You sure that Islam and Christianity have basically different views on the creation of the universe? If yes, then how is that basically?

Basically it is not different....but the 6 day thing has different sequences....Christianity asserts that trees and vegetation were created before the sun....Islam fixed the error....but it still says that earth was created before the sun and stars!

Basically it is not different....but the 6 day thing has different sequences....Christianity asserts that trees and vegetation were created before the sun....Islam fixed the error....but it still says that earth was created before the sun and stars!

If you would read W.D Gann's work on the stock market you would realise that most religious books have sequences of coded numerology and how universal cycles that influence humans operate and this is not a joke.W.D Gann was a true genius who learnt from Tibetan monks,Sufis and Indian merchants for understanding the behavior of the universe. Just go into the verses of the bible and Quran and observe the numbers.

It's either Highly recomended or cumpulsory.

There is a hadeeth about it.
It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him) said: The
Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him)
ascended the minbar and said:
“Ameen, ameen, ameen.” It was said: ‘O Messenger of Allah, you ascended the minbar and said, ‘Ameen, ameen, ameen.”
He said: “Jibreel (peace be upon him)
came to me and said: ‘If Ramadan comes and a person is not forgiven, he will enter Hell and Allah will cast him far away. Say Ameen.’ So I said Ameen.
He said:‘O Muhammad , if both or one of a person’s parents are alive and he does not honour them and he dies, he will enter Hell and Allah will cast him far away. Say Ameen.’ So I said Ameen.

He said: ‘If you are mentioned in a person’s presence and he does not send blessings upon you and he dies, he will enter Hell and Allah will cast him far away.
Say Ameen.’ So I said Ameen.”

Are hadeeth's written in the Quran?

I appreciate that you asked a question. Ask any question without hesitation.
S.A.W , PBUH
are abbreviations and represent the same Arabic phrase, salla Allahu alaihi wa-sallam.
In English, Muslims often use the acronym
"PBUH" instead.
The meaning of this phrase is "may Allah's peace and blessings be upon him."
It is a standard Muslim expression of love and respect for the Prophet.

why do you have to use pbuh, saw and ra in every instance when you refer to mohammed or his wife or some other respected person.. dont you think it sounds a bit silly.

btw, can anybody give a link to the blogs ?

why do you have to use pbuh, saw and ra in every instance when you refer to mohammed or his wife or some other respected person.. dont you think it sounds a bit silly.
Royalty in UK use many titles etc! It is just a matter of respect
btw, can anybody give a link to the blogs ?
Which blog? Yes you can even set it as your homepage.

And what is saw?
It means Peace Be Upon Him too

Aa
No, Hadeeth are the sayings of the prophet but the Quran is God's word.
I will happily further explain

Thanks very much. All this is very illuminating. How big is the Quran. I mean how many pages? And who wrote down the hadeeths?

Back
Top Bottom