What's new

Fort Bragg Yudh abhyaas Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great ... more will follow. And you remember our discussion last night regarding Sikh soldiers ? Again our point is evident from these pics.

21155_125507967646269_999405798_n.jpg

946314_125507990979600_1463752695_n.jpg

393033_125508124312920_2127925081_n.jpg

Yeah I'm actually quite surprised about the helmet thing- these helmets should offer no issue to Sikh soldiers. My uncle was a para (Airborne) and is a Sardar (wears a Turban) and he tells me he had no issue wearing such helmets (these Kevlar type being worn here).

Odd.

Does the Indian amry use M4s?

Secondly, in some pics the Indian soldiers afe wearing vests and helmets of the US camo scheme, stood out like a sore thumb. Any particular reason?

Those helmets and BPJs should become standard issue to all soldiers. How much can a million helmets and jackets cost anyway, compared to other defence imports?

is that completely our gear??

Secondly, in some pics the Indian soldiers afe wearing vests and helmets of the US camo scheme, stood out like a sore thumb. Any particular reason?
The Indian Army Special Forces, Airborne forces and select airborne elements such as Airborne infantry, combat engineers, signals, medics etc under an independent Airborne brigade use the M4 as well as Tavors and INSAS.

Some IA guys seem to be borrowing some US equipment like Helmets and plate carriers, I couldn't tell you the reason.

The special forces or airborne units might. India purchased an undisclosed number of M4 carbines through the FMS route in 2008, after the mumbai attacks. Ostensibly they were for the new Force one of Mumbai. But the army SF usually tries out most small arms before they get passed on to other units, so it is possible that they are using it too.

Besides, the SF troops have to be proficient in the use of common foreign small arms, as part of their training.

(I'm pretty sure they don't use it as their standard issue carbines, though.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom