What's new

Fort Bragg Yudh abhyaas Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why I kept saying "SF and airborne", because I knew that one of the pedantic purists or precisians would jump me.

Lol, call me pedantic or a "purist" or a loser or whatever- I'm still right :whistle: !! Mate I just think we should,where possible, be as accurate as possible with such things so as to provide a clear and representative picture of the Indian military. I've seen other military defence forums where American fan boys discuss for days whether a soldier is from unit X or Y and get incredibly technical and pedantic about it. In India when in doubt a soldier is labelled a "commando" and that's the end of it! I just don't like this sort of ignorance and laziness, not to mention it is doing a disservice to those guys who have worked their backsides off to attain X and Y.

941693_125506704313062_145565435_n.jpg

It looks like they have seen these guns first time :undecided:

It looks like they have seen these guns first time :undecided:

These are US army weapons and not indian... u can clearly see from the pics how american instructors are telling them how to operate them... just observe the pics.... in the past Ex with US you will also see indian troops wearing US army combat gear and operating us weapons..

Lol, call me pedantic or a "purist" or a loser or whatever- I'm still right :whistle: !! Mate I just think we should,where possible, be as accurate as possible with such things so as to provide a clear and representative picture of the Indian military. I've seen other military defence forums where American fan boys discuss for days whether a soldier is from unit X or Y and get incredibly technical and pedantic about it. In India when in doubt a soldier is labelled a "commando" and that's the end of it! I just don't like this sort of ignorance and laziness, not to mention it is doing a disservice to those guys who have worked their backsides off to attain X and Y.

As I said, I only said "SF and airborne", so I wasn't wrong. I kept the two possibilities open.

You are right that the word "commando" is brandied about liberally in India. From policemen to security guards, they all call themselves "commandos". Frankly only the ghataks and the SAG of the NSG and the MARCOS are "commandos" who do lightning strikes, slash and dash sort of attacks. The SF soldiers could do commando roles, but IMO, the SF roles require a lot more brains and brawns than commandos do. And they also do a lot more sophisticated roles than "commandos" do. Infiltrating enemy forces, living among terrorists by pretending to be one of their own, learning the language and cultural specifics of the enemies to such an extent to be able to pass of as one of them - all these require a lot more effort than too become a commando.

Regarding the talk about physique.

I only weigh 70kg at a height of 5'10'', in Australia that is lighter and shorter than average. Certainly lighter and shorter than any of the other entrants when I was undergoing my physical for the RAAF. From what it looks like, the physique of the Indian soldier looks similar to me.

However, this poor rice-eating, skinny, Bengali has a 1 rep maximum bench press of 130kg, can do 30 one armed push ups without breaking a sweat, can do upwards of 20 pull ups with a 20kg weight tied to my waist, I can do a double handed dunk in a full sized basketball hoop. I've run double marathons, all the while maintaining a 75% average in University.

I challenge any of you fools to maintain even one of the above criteria.

I have met Pakistani SSG on deputation to the Military College in Duntroon, SOME of them were taller and bigger than me, but MOST were smaller and trust me they were all finer man than I, both physically and mentally.

As I said, I only said "SF and airborne", so I wasn't wrong. I kept the two possibilities open.

You are right that the word "commando" is brandied about liberally in India. From policemen to security guards, they all call themselves "commandos". Frankly only the ghataks and the SAG of the NSG and the MARCOS are "commandos" who do lightning strikes, slash and dash sort of attacks. The SF soldiers could do commando roles, but IMO, the SF roles require a lot more brains and brawns than commandos do. And they also do a lot more sophisticated roles than "commandos" do. Infiltrating enemy forces, living among terrorists by pretending to be one of their own, learning the language and cultural specifics of the enemies to such an extent to be able to pass of as one of them - all these require a lot more effort than too become a commando.
I agree about Ghataks and SAG but I think MARCOs are Commandos in name only- they are true-blue SFs no doubt about it. Just look at what they're trained in and the missions they have conducted- fits perfectly with your SF definition.

Need I remind you that certain MARCOs operators are also attached to SG? I've heard some things about these guys (which I won't divulge on here) and let me tell you, if they aren't SF, I don't know who is!

Stop writing BS and see this:

Physical Fitness Test (PFT) INDIAN ARMY
To determine the Physical Fitness Tests (PFT), the following tests carrying 100 mks are held:-
(a) 1 Mile Run.
(b) Pull Ups.
(c) Balance.
(d) 9 Feet Ditch.
Marking system is as follows: -
(a) 1 Mile Run.
(i) 5. 40 Mins and below - 60 Marks.
(ii) 5. 41 Mins to 5.50 Mins - 48 Marks.
(iii) 5. 51 Mins to 6.05 Mins - 36 Marks.
(iv) 6. 06 Mins to 6.20 Mins - 24 Marks.
This is a mistake for sure- no way is it 40 mins to run 1 mile! You could walk 3-4 in that time!

To determine the Physical Fitness Tests (PFT), the following tests carrying 100 mks are held:-
(a) 1 Mile Run.
(b) Pull Ups.
(c) Balance.
(d) 9 Feet Ditch.
(a) 1 Mile Run.
(b) Pull Ups.
(i) 10 and above - 40 Marks.
(ii) 9 ------ - 33 Marks.
(iii) 8 ------ - 27 Marks.
(iv) 7 ------ - 21 Marks.
(v) 6 ------ - 16 Marks.
(c) Balance. Should qualify and no marks are awarded.
(d) 9 Feet Ditch. Should qualify and no marks are awarded.

PAKISTAN ARMY PFT (NO source, got it from a Pak PDF member)

Physical Fitness:
1.6 Km Run –7.5 Minutes
Push Ups – 15 repetitions in 2 Minutes
Sit Ups –15 repetitions in 2 Minutes
Chin Ups –3 repetitions in 2 Minutes

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/join-pakistan-army/7342-how-join-pakistan-army-3.html#ixzz2SS1rjGXs

US ARMY PFT

MIN number of push ups: 42

Min number of sit ups: 53

2 miles run in max 15:52 mins

CONCLUSION: Both, IA and PA standards are way behind US standards and suck.

The reason for it is simple: The average male Indian or Pakistani CANNOT achieve these US standards.

Sorry mate, I highly doubt the veracity of those US PFT standards.

The Australian Army are generally considered to be fitter and stronger than their US counter part, yet I would be loath to find more than a handful of entrants in our Army that can do a 3km run in 15:52.

That is if this PFT is an entrance requirement.

(a) 1 Mile Run.
(b) Pull Ups.
(c) Balance.
(d) 9 Feet Ditch.
(a) 1 Mile Run.
(b) Pull Ups.
(i) 10 and above - 40 Marks.
(ii) 9 ------ - 33 Marks.
(iii) 8 ------ - 27 Marks.
(iv) 7 ------ - 21 Marks.
(v) 6 ------ - 16 Marks.
(c) Balance. Should qualify and no marks are awarded.
(d) 9 Feet Ditch. Should qualify and no marks are awarded.

PAKISTAN ARMY PFT (NO source, got it from a Pak PDF member)

Physical Fitness:
1.6 Km Run –7.5 Minutes
Push Ups – 15 repetitions in 2 Minutes
Sit Ups –15 repetitions in 2 Minutes
Chin Ups –3 repetitions in 2 Minutes

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/join-pakistan-army/7342-how-join-pakistan-army-3.html#ixzz2SS1rjGXs

US ARMY PFT

MIN number of push ups: 42

Min number of sit ups: 53

2 miles run in max 15:52 mins

CONCLUSION: Both, IA and PA standards are way behind US standards and suck.

The reason for it is simple: The average male Indian or Pakistani CANNOT achieve these US standards.

The PA criteria is totally wrong..

also the bullet grouping on the targets is extermely poor , looks like they were shooting all over the place

I'm sorry but these are the only pics I have found where you can see the target hits and the groupings look pretty decent for soldiers who may not have even held a M4 before or fired through the Aimpoint CompM2 sight (which isn't the best out there):

936364_125507574312975_2044104106_n.jpg

246610_125507627646303_1872794437_n.jpg

The country you call "sh1thole" has been declared as a newly industrialized country by the UN and various other organizations.

The same country is the 10th largest economy by GDP and the 3rd largest by PPP, the same country is growing with +5% annually despite a global recession and no reforms, the same country has one of the largest middle classes and is one of the largest markets for many many industries, the same country has a huge work force and is lifting millions out of poverty, the same country is a G20 and BRICS member and a top contributor to organizations like the IMF, the same country has one of the largest and most capable armed forces which are expanding with their capabilities on a high pace, the same country is increasing in local defence industry and is capable to produce all kinds of equipment either in license or in form of self designed ones etc etc etc....

The majority of the common people, were in a bad way, sorry but that is a solid fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom