What's new

Former Egyptian president Mohamed Morsi dies 'in court' – state TV

5d07bb11dda4c80a6d8b457b.JPG

Egypt’s former president Mohamed Morsi has died suddenly following a court appearance in Cairo, according to Egyptian state television. He was 67.

The former president and Muslim Brotherhood leader collapsed after a trial session in an espionage lawsuit on Monday for alleged contact with Hamas. He had reportedly been given permission from the presiding judge to address the court before he fainted.

Morsi came to power after Hosni Mubarak was deposed in mass Arab Spring protests in 2011. However, he ruled for only a year after being elected to the post before he was toppled by the military following mass protests in 2013.

He was serving lengthy sentences on convictions of killing protesters in 2012, espionage involving Qatar, and a jailbreak. Morsi was sentenced to death in 2015 for taking part in a mass jailbreak during Egypt’s uprising in 2011. However, the sentence was overturned late the following year.

https://www.rt.com/news/462072-egypt-morsi-dies-court/
May he rest in peace. He was setup to fail but the dictatorship and deep state within the Egyptian government.

Unfortunately not in my lifetime will I ever see Egypt have a democratic government. He was the first and last.

Inna lillahi wa Inna alaihi raj'eoon. May Allah raise his status and award him a place in the highest of His heavens.
I think it is a murder... It should be investigated by international community. Cisi is the murderer.
Sisi and the army are thugs who have plundered the egyptian state like they were the pharoahs,.

It's not death it's a murder.
انّا للہ و انّا الیہ راجعون
View attachment 565619
Mohammed Mursi 1951-2019
First democratically elected President of Egypt.
The one and only after Pharoahs.

May he rest in peace.

Why not? who sent national secrets to other countries is traitor no matter who is he and punishment of treason is death with worst way he escaped of justice
what narional secrets. Man, wake up. entire country is run by the army as its own.

May he rest in peace. He was setup to fail but the dictatorship and deep state within the Egyptian government.

Unfortunately not in my lifetime will I ever see Egypt have a democratic government. He was the first and last.
If they don't let people to elect their govt then people will be forced to used violence and then they will cry terrorism and extremism.

If they don't let people to elect their govt then people will be forced to used violence and then they will cry terrorism and extremism.
yes. the army has been brutal and never allowed anyone to say anything; they are completely now even more on the payroll of KSA thugs to do their bidding. Alas Egyptian people were stupid themselves to be used to bring him down. Sometimes they deserve a man with the big stick.

Sisi and the army are thugs who have plundered the egyptian state like they were the pharoahs,.

The one and only after Pharoahs.

May he rest in peace.

what narional secrets. Man, wake up. entire country is run by the army as its own.
Most of armies of the world are right wing and armies are makes to defence of countries they love their countries live under army is much better than live under extremists

Most of armies of the world are right wing and armies are makes to defence of countries they love their countries live under army is much better than live under extremists
so says you - i guess you are the one on top of the masses and therefore will say the same.

too bad.

What has Egypt gotten from these army rulers? Nothing but decay. You did not even give the poor man a chance. Rotten to the core.

Inna lillahi wa inna ilahi Rajioun. May Allah(SWT) accept him as a martyr. He was denied medical care and God knows what kind of torture he went through.

Shocking news. These regimes will pay a price soon.
You're defending the UAE and Saudi regime in this forum.

USA-appointed and toppled figure in the Egypt operation for the green line/Great ME project conducted in some other muslim-dominated countries...

In a year of ruling, Mursi and ''Muslim'' Brotherhood movement had introduced the true freedom, democracy and development to Egypt as seen below:

1. Women banned in swimming,

2. Marriage legalized for 9 years old girls,

3. Legalizing the intercourse with the dead wife in following 6 hours,

4. Ban on women for buying banana in markets,

5. ...

Btw, Mursi had USA passport.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom