What's new

Formal Offer for J-31 and also presention on J20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you honestly believe we will be able to change all our legacy fighters by 2020. Look at the time it has taken for the 3rd squadron to stand up. We have perhaps 1w more to replace. You will be lucky if you do that by 2020. The only way would be if we got more 16s MLUs. But even to those there are limits
What Rafi has said has been on the cards for some time.
Araz
J10b will be a good learner plate form for aesa. So what's the big issue?. We are not getting j31 in large numbers.

J-31 is our replacement option for older F-16 frames. Pakistan should throw its money on this program as there is a good possibility that PLAAF and PLAN will be backing it too. If Pakistan can join as a partner in the J-31 program, it will have a huge impact on our aviation industry.
But what we else offer? Technical assistance? Components? Money? Man POWER?

PAF Chief has been given an extensive presentation on all major PLA programs including "transport" projects.

J31 was pitched as our next generation aircraft -

This will form the tip of the spear for the next couple of decades.

Many of the new breakthroughs will be incorporated into the Thunder block III.
I think we need some really good transport aircraft. Maybe the Y-20 or the Chinese version of the Black Hawk helicopter.

Y20 , JF17 BlkIII and J31.
Nothing more.

Don't Mess with me Buddy ...
ae74acbed2213adf85604782e5d9b6a4.jpg

I'm Way out of your League

JF-17 In Large Numbers
J-10B like 3 Sqaud
F-16's
J-31 how many can we get 60 70? it wont be coming till 2024.... i guess we have to wait for that one... And Pakistan Air Force Also showed keen interest in Turkish 5 Gen fighter Prog

IMG_7168-j31.jpg

JF-17 In Large Numbers
J-10B like 3 Sqaud
F-16's
J-31 how many can we get 60 70? it wont be coming till 2024.... i guess we have to wait for that one... And Pakistan Air Force Also showed keen interest in Turkish 5 Gen fighter Prog

View attachment 227081

No J-10Bs
2 Squadrons of J-31s for starters would do the job.

JF-17 In Large Numbers
J-10B like 3 Sqaud
F-16's

View attachment 227081

buddy , think logically , after block3 getting AESA , there is nothing J-10B can provide us .... Block3 will be Equal to F-16 , Gripen and other ...
J-10B is just to satisfy our ego to match IAF with Numbers ..

Nice article ... It makes sense for Chinese point view too . As I speculated China will keep arming Pakistan to keep India busy. As Indian Airforce already fly with most potent jets which could underestimate Chinese jets in all out war . The future road map of IAF must be worrying PLAAF a lot . From Technology to numbers India is in a phase where it will reach supreme superiority in near future and will go for export of its technology to SCS countries too . As we are seeing with ship building capacity and missiles of India .

But the question is how effective J31 will be .So far both the aeronautic superpowers frankly not mastered battle ready 5th gen fighters which would win battle against most versatile fully developed 4 th gen fighters like Su 30 and F15 . We all know the problems faced by PakFa and F22 F35 . But the Chinese claims their program is 100% successful and it's combat ready is more suspicious.

But what ever J31 will give much needed boost for both Chinese and Pakiatanis establishment . Some time maintaining the status quo will avert war just because of insecurity or panicking .

But I still belive J10B will he far more better fighter for Pakistan against India than J31 or J17 .Poor man's warships won't necessarily reflect the capabilities as it's seen from outside .

It's called ART OF DECEPTION !!! Played by Chinese for very long time now

U.S. Pilots Say New Chinese Stealth Fighter Could Become Equal of F-22, F-35

Nice article ... It makes sense for Chinese point view too . As I speculated China will keep arming Pakistan to keep India busy. As Indian Airforce already fly with most potent jets which could underestimate Chinese jets in all out war . The future road map of IAF must be worrying PLAAF a lot . From Technology to numbers India is in a phase where it will reach supreme superiority in near future and will go for export of its technology to SCS countries too . As we are seeing with ship building capacity and missiles of India .

But the question is how effective J31 will be .So far both the aeronautic superpowers frankly not mastered battle ready 5th gen fighters which would win battle against most versatile fully developed 4 th gen fighters like Su 30 and F15 . We all know the problems faced by PakFa and F22 F35 . But the Chinese claims their program is 100% successful and it's combat ready is more suspicious.

But what ever J31 will give much needed boost for both Chinese and Pakiatanis establishment . Some time maintaining the status quo will avert war just because of insecurity or panicking .

But I still belive J10B will he far more better fighter for Pakistan against India than J31 or J17 .Poor man's warships won't necessarily reflect the capabilities as it's seen from outside .

It's called ART OF DECEPTION !!! Played by Chinese for very long time now

WTF did I just read!

China as of right now has more 4+ gem fighters than your entire inventory !

Apart from several 5th gen jet projects... It has a military budget that is like a billion times more than india ..!

145 billion $$$... (Excluding R&D budget probably).. India stands at 30+ billion and has to replace obsolete soviet weapons on masses be it migs or old soviet era tanks !

Even if you underestimate PAF.. Your airfirce surely wouldn't ..

Last edited:
I am not sure if they 'pitched' anything to PAF. The tour of the factory/business representatives would've been a casual meeting/photo op. Pakistan can ask from China what ever it wants, and China would be happy to oblige.
Think about this, while the GCC nations can easily source the Rafale/Typhoons/Tornadoes/F-16s and the M1 Abrams etc from the west, they may never get the stealth aircraft from the US (due to Israeli shenanigans) and Europe doesn't have any on offer. Which means, Russia or China is left for the 'low RCS/stealth' aircraft, and with Israel to receive the potent F-35s and no one else in the 'Muslim' region (not counting Turkey here) having that capability to strike back, GCC nations would definitely want a strike/fighter aircraft that can give them that insurance. They have the money, all the money in the world. If PAF is able to field two full squadrons (36-40 aircraft J-31 type), then GCC would, too, be willing to purchase these from China. That helps the Chinese firms grow their market exclusively, in a region where future Chinese interests may lie.

Thanks Mastan Ji. I have quoted one example of so called Chinese jet. You can read about that. There are article of Chines media on PDF itself.

Hi.. This is the 2nd gen crappy J-15 with 1 ton payload...you are talking about:

image.jpg
image.jpg

Payload almost 7 tons.. Based on SU-33.

It's in serial production ..

I am not sure if they 'pitched' anything to PAF. The tour of the factory/business representatives would've been a casual meeting/photo op. Pakistan can ask from China what ever it wants, and China would be happy to oblige.
Think about this, while the GCC nations can easily source the Rafale/Typhoons/Tornadoes/F-16s and the M1 Abrams etc from the west, they may never get the stealth aircraft from the US (due to Israeli shenanigans) and Europe doesn't have any on offer. Which means, Russia or China is left for the 'low RCS/stealth' aircraft, and with Israel to receive the potent F-35s and no one else in the 'Muslim' region (not counting Turkey here) having that capability to strike back, GCC nations would definitely want a strike/fighter aircraft that can give them that insurance. They have the money, all the money in the world. If PAF is able to field two full squadrons (36-40 aircraft J-31 type), then GCC would, too, be willing to purchase these from China. That helps the Chinese firms grow their market exclusively, in a region where future Chinese interests may lie.
Or the U.S. could offer them monkey models without teeth like the egyptian F-16s... Or the top notch block-60 of UAE.. Or the latest F series of the Saudis?

You will fight war via PS3 ? Dude J31 will get sitting duck like f35 . U need to understand at least I have put J31 and F35 in same league which it's not . Even though Sukois will shoot F35 like mosquitos like Russians says :D

I dint even mentioned Super Sukois upgrades .
it seams you take Russian words seriously so let me correct you then it was rafale they were talking about not j31.

Leave him alone Pakistan should buy 3 squadrons of J-10 B at least
No need to go for entire different platform ....I'll prefer more F16 block 52+.... Atleast New18 f16 block 52 + to fill gap and then go for j31.

J10b will be a good learner plate form for aesa. So what's the big issue?. We are not getting j31 in large numbers.

But what we else offer? Technical assistance? Components? Money? Man POWER?
The issue is the need and the benefit from the money spent. Bl.3 will have all and possibly more that the J10B offers. Plus you buy J10B now you can kiss the j31 good bye till 2030.we wont have both in the right time and integrate the. Both and integrate JFT.
Plus I think there are bits that PAF is not telling us. It has done exercises with J10B was there a problem? I dont k ow the answer. The thi g is PAF has been categorical about not inducting J10B. So that is what the fuss is.
Araz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom