What's new

Foreigners visiting China are increasingly stumped by its cashless society

No countries can build infrastructures of any kind better and faster than China on this planet, you are just in denial that US is falling behind in development and insist the old is always the best. One day US will take the same path, you'll see.

Can you watch the videos I posted about your assertion of speed (which doesn't have anything to do with cashless or not).. Are you afraid or something???

Your assertion that using QR codes is faster than nfc systems is ridiculous. You simply never had a speedy NFC system so of course you think QR is faster.

Last edited:
Can you watch the videos I posted about your assertion of speed (which doesn't have anything to do with cashless or not).. Are you afraid or something???

Your assertion that using QR codes is faster than nfc systems is ridiculous. You simply never had a speedy NFC system so of course you think QR is faster.
I used to use NFC to charge my metro card, but now I just use my phone to take the public transport directly. every single American prefer cashless than cash and bank cards after living in China for a while and are so impressed on how convenient life becomes to them, I can't find anyone who said otherwise. you don't like it cause you never experience it in a modern cashless society, US one day will be here too. you can wait and see.

I used to use NFC to charge my metro card, but now I just use my phone to take the public transport directly. every single American prefer cashless than cash and bank cards after living in China for a while and are so impressed on how convenient life becomes to them, I can't find anyone who said otherwise. you don't like it cause you never experience it in a modern cashless society, US one day will be here too. you can wait and see.

Please just answer YES or NO that NFC based credit card systems are slower than using QR codes or just take a seat and admit your assertion is WRONG instead of covering yourself by going on tangents....

YES = NFC systems are slower than QR systems
NO = NFC systems are faster than QR systems

Please just answer YES or NO that NFC based credit card systems are slower than using QR codes or just take a seat and admit your assertion is WRONG instead of covering yourself by going on tangents....

YES = NFC systems are slower than QR systems
NO = NFC systems are faster than QR systems
I didn't time them, but QR is more convenient, facial recognition can be a big slower than OR, but that's also a new trend where the world is going, you can enjoy your old technology and we keep moving ahead, that's perfectly fine with us.

I didn't time them, but QR is more convenient, facial recognition can be a big slower than OR, but that's also a new trend where the world is going, you can enjoy your old technology and we keep moving ahead, that's perfectly fine with us.

Obviously since if you watch the videos you can see it takes literally a second. QR is really backwards for everyday transactions in a developed country...for an undeveloped one it is perfect.

Credit cards payment are not as quick and convenient and they pay with fees, that's why people don't like to use them in China.

Obviously since if you watch the videos you can see it takes literally a second. QR is really backwards for everyday transactions in a developed country...for an undeveloped one it is perfect.
So, this is why Visa is introducing it in the USA?

So, this is why Visa is introducing it in the USA?

No, it's targeting countries which don't have the hardware infrastructure and primarily still use cash. Here is their official selling ad:

Right now it (mVisa) is mostly is SouthEast Asia and Africa. I think Pakistan and India have it too.

Last edited:
Well, it does not matter which system is better. The main thing is that China has well established payment systems like Alipay, Wechat, etc which are independent of US and Western influence, and this is what the US and its bankers are angry about. Good on China, and I hope they keep looking after their national interests, and don't fall for the US banking cartel.

I am already satisfied with cash and card (electronic money and debit card) :D

Thanks for the explanation so I dont need to be worried if my mother and sister visit Beijing :-)
https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/11/06...w-tourists-in-china-to-use-foreign-cards.html

6 Nov 2019
Tourists to China can finally use the country's massively popular mobile payment systems

• Chinese payment platforms WeChat Pay and Alipay say they can now support foreign credit and debit cards.
  • Users previously needed a Chinese bank account to use the two platforms, China's most popular.
  • Both platforms will now be able to support Visa, Mastercard, Japan's JCB and Singapore's Diners Club cards

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/11/06...w-tourists-in-china-to-use-foreign-cards.html

6 Nov 2019
Tourists to China can finally use the country's massively popular mobile payment systems

• Chinese payment platforms WeChat Pay and Alipay say they can now support foreign credit and debit cards.
  • Users previously needed a Chinese bank account to use the two platforms, China's most popular.
  • Both platforms will now be able to support Visa, Mastercard, Japan's JCB and Singapore's Diners Club cards

Good news, thanks.

Every country will become like China and become cashless more or less, so will US, wanna bet, US has already started trying to copy wechat and alipay.

Every country will become like China and become cashless more or less, so will US, wanna bet, US has already started trying to copy wechat and alipay.

LOL! When you guys enable NFC with WeChat and AliPay you’ll be the first to say it was yet another awesome idea “by China” and then we’ll all be rolling our eyes yet again.

We already have ApplePay and GooglePay to pay for things instantly without tapping things i. the old school alway into our phone.

Last edited:
LOL! When you guys enable NFC with WeChat and AliPay you’ll be the first to say it was yet another awesome idea “by China” and then we’ll all be rolling our eyes yet again.
We'll see the world goes your way or the Chinese way.

We'll see the world goes your way or the Chinese way.

It easier your way since most countries in the world are not developed and don’t have the infrastructure to handle 1 second payments so your 10 second method is the only option.

Don’t worry someday China will catch up.

It easier your way since most countries in the world are not developed and don’t have the infrastructure to handle 1 second payments so your 10 second method is the only option.
Ok, so you don't use cash and all your transactions can be made in one second, good to know.

Back
Top Bottom