What's new

Foreign tourists in Pakistan

Karachi police detain 3 horsemen for alleged defrauding of Scottish vlogger at Seaview beach

Dawn.com
March 19, 2022

This photo shows one of the horsemen who tried to defraud a traveller from Scotland, Dale Philip, at Karachi's Seaview beach. Photo courtesy Dale Philip YouTube

This photo shows one of the horsemen who tried to defraud a traveller from Scotland, Dale Philip, at Karachi's Seaview beach. Photo courtesy Dale Philip YouTube

Darakhshan police on Saturday detained three horsemen on allegations of misbehaving with and trying to defraud a YouTube vlogger from Scotland, Dale Philip, at Karachi's Seaview beach.

South SSP Rai Ijaz Ahmed told Dawn.com that the horsemen were taken into custody after Philip uploaded a video of the incident on his YouTube and also shared it on Twitter.

"My first real negative experience in Karachi. 99pc of people there are good but eventually I had to run into some criminals," tweeted Philip along with the video.

,.i.i.i

Dean's Hotel, Peshawar Saddar, 1963....

1648494929681.png

Khyber Pass, KPK......

1648495003919.png

Khyber Pass, 1978..

1648820168860.png

1648820224128.png

From Jeddah to Lahore: Korean YouTuber Daud Kim arrives in Pakistan

The content creator took to Instagram and shared that he has arrived in Lahore.

Photo: Daud Kim /Instagram

Photo: Daud Kim /Instagram

Korean YouTuber Daud Kim has arrived in Pakistan after performing Umrah and we wonder what he's up to.

The v-logger converted to Islam three years ago. He took to Instagram to share scenes from the airport in Jeddah and his ticket to Lahore. "2 hours to get the ticket but Alhamdullilah I'm going," he wrote with Pakistan's flag emoji.

62667dbcc6df2.jpg

In another story, Kim shared a photo of himself and wrote in Urdu, "*Mera intezar karo. Mujhe tumse pyar hai Pakistan** [Wait for me, I love you Pakistan]".

62667772ecd62.jpg

Seated in the plane, Kim also took a photo of his travelling fit that included a Kakao friends peach AirPod case, a light grey coloured thobe (a long sleeved and ankle-length robe) with white slippers.

6266775a5d568.jpg

Upon landing, like any tourist, Kim also shared his pin and said he has "finally" arrived in Lahore. In a snap that followed right after he asked his followers about what he must do in the city and wrote, "I just came to my friend home, sleep first and then I'll make the plan."

626677c4c215f.png

Lastly he wrote that he has always loved Pakistan and asked for food recommendations from his followers.
Kim embraced Islam in 2019 and changed his name to Daud. The YouTuber has 3.38 million followers and resides in South Korea. We wonder what's on his itinerary and whether he'll be making videos during his trip to Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom