What's new

'Forced conversion': Hindu community demands release of 'kidnapped' girl

The girl must be released into the custody of a secular human rights organization, and be allowed to discuss matters freely with her relatives.

Then she will be able to say, without any pressure, what she wants.

There are reasons that even that might not be sufficient. If the girl says she wants to stay with those guys then the correct response by the authorities would be to rule the marriage to be invalid as girls in Pakistan must be 16 to get married, and if the "marriage" was consummated, arrest the guy for statutory rape.

Karachi, Sun Mar 11 2012, 13:36 hrs

On an average around 20 to 25 Hindu girls are being forcibly converted to Islam every month in the southern Sindh province, Human Rights Commission of Pakistan (HRCP) has said.

Urging the authorities to take note of these forced conversions, HRCP officials told reporters yesterday that culprits were taking advantage of loopholes in the law.

Amarnath Motumel of the HRCP said that within a month 20 forced conversions had taken place.

"Apart from minor school girls, married women with children are not spared either," he said.

The issue of Hindu girls being forcibly converted has come to the fore after the case of 18-year-old Rinkle Kumari from Sukkur who has converted and taken the Muslim name of Faryal after marrying a Muslim boy.

The family of the girl claim she was kidnapped and forcibly converted even after she appeared in court in Sukkur and claimed she converted out of her own free will.

But Motumel pointed out that not only were affected families warned of dire consequences but whenever a Hindu girl or her family appeared in court hundreds of religious zealots gather to pressurise them or they take to the streets as pressure tactics and to create an atmosphere of fear.

The families of Rinkle Kumari were also present at the conference in which her brother Inder said that had she been allowed to meet with her family members privately and even once she would never have converted.

"Despite the President's orders for the girl's rescue we are still waiting for something to be done."

HRCP official Professor Badar Soomro said there was a need to enact new laws to restore a sense of security among the Hindu community.

He also said if a girl is kidnapped and her family registers a case she should be kept in a Darul Aman at least for a month before she is produced in court to record her statement.

Forcible conversion of Hindu girls on rise in Sindh: HRCP - Indian Express

I don't actually understand how forced conversions work. My understanding is that you cant force someone to be a Muslim or any religion. surely anything done under duress can be recanted later.

A simple case of love marruage where the girl falls in.love with.a muslim boy and to marry him converts to islam...and runs away as she knew her community wont accept her martiage and her conversion.
now these relatives are making big deal out of it by accusing the boy of abduction.and forced conversion.

I salute the Bravery of that Girl, Now She has become a muslim , I wish and Pray to have better remaining life for her and for her husband .

I don't actually understand how forced conversions work. My understanding is that you cant force someone to be a Muslim or any religion. surely anything done under duress can be recanted later.

A forced conversion is the religious conversion or acceptance of a philosophy against the will of the subject, often with the threatened consequence of earthly penalties or harm. These consequences range from job loss and social isolation to incarceration, torture or death. As with deprogramming, such a conversion entails the repudiation of former religious or philosophical convictions.

source: wikipedia

Where these allegations are made. The state agencies should investigate. if it established that force was used the perpetrators should be punished. The state should protect the rights of all Pakistanis immaterial of religion caste creed etc.

However if it is established that there was no force used for conversion marriage etc then the couple should be protected from false allegations.

The state and Islam does not condone the actions contained in these allegation

Where these allegations are made. The state agencies should investigate. if it established that force was used the perpetrators should be punished. The state should protect the rights of all Pakistanis immaterial of religion caste creed etc.

However if it is established that there was no force used for conversion marriage etc then the couple should be protected from false allegations.

The state and Islam does not condone the actions contained in these allegation

relax mate.
the allegedly abducted girl appeared in front of a press conference with the boy she married and told everybody in front of camera that she converted to islam out of her own will and married the boy because she loves her...

google it.

relax mate.
the allegedly abducted girl appeared in front of a press conference with the boy she married and told everybody in front of camera that she converted to islam out of her own will and married the boy because she loves her...

google it.

I think it important that we do not allow Indian's and others to portray us in an unjust and untruthful way. These cases do occur but then bad things happen in the world it must be clarified that neither Islam nor Pakistanis support illegal acts.

Both Pakistan and India have bad people who do bad things but its not a Muslim thing or a Pakistani thing just cos it happens in Pakistan

A forced conversion is the religious conversion or acceptance of a philosophy against the will of the subject, often with the threatened consequence of earthly penalties or harm. These consequences range from job loss and social isolation to incarceration, torture or death. As with deprogramming, such a conversion entails the repudiation of former religious or philosophical convictions.

source: wikipedia

yes if this happens we must all condemn it but Islam and Pakistan are not in anyway complicit with the perpetrators

Totally agree with you Sir, also we can’t underestimate the retarded aptitude of a religious bigot.
I consider myself to be a religious and tolerant person and would never give in to any misguided moron who would justify any such atrocity (if committed) be it any religion cast or creed of the abuser and the abused.
Bigots exists everywhere, they can claim to be upholders of any religion and can also claim to have no religion at all, but their view points and practices are so harsh that putting them in category of human is a disgrace.

Completely agree with the other post of yours that if such atrocity is committed then offenders should be protected and given justice. And shame on those who take joy out of misfortunes of certain people.

Even worst if it is a made up story

I think it important that we do not allow Indian's and others to portray us in an unjust and untruthful way.
Both Pakistan and India have bad people who do bad things but its not a Muslim thing or a Pakistani thing just cos it happens in Pakistan

Give me one example where a Muslim, Sikh, Christian was CONVERTED forcibly to Hinduism?

I again emphasize the word conversion and demand a single example. Even during violence/riots there has never been such a case.

This conversion phenomenon was brought by the Arabs and Afghans invaders. They were successful in converting some using sword and some may have converted by other persuasions.

I find it ironic that these few who indulge in forceful conversions today are descendants of people who may have been converted by force in the past.

I think it important that we do not allow Indian's and others to portray us in an unjust and untruthful way. These cases do occur but then bad things happen in the world it must be clarified that neither Islam nor Pakistanis support illegal acts.

yes if this happens we must all condemn it but Islam and Pakistan are not in anyway complicit with the perpetrators

Condemn it already, It at least needs to be looked into, If Pk hindus of Sindh are saying that its happening the HRCP is saying that its happening so that means that the issue does need serious consideration.

Condemn it already, It at least needs to be looked into, If Pk hindus of Sindh are saying that its happening the HRCP is saying that its happening so that means that the issue does need serious consideration.

If it's happening of course I condemn it. But what a few idiots or bad people do should not be used to tarnish Islam or Pakistan. No more than idiots in your country who encourage persecution of minorities.

Bl[i]tZ;2686835 said:
Give me one example where a Muslim, Sikh, Christian was CONVERTED forcibly to Hinduism?

I again emphasize the word conversion and demand a single example. Even during violence/riots there has never been such a case.

This conversion phenomenon was brought by the Arabs and Afghans invaders. They were successful in converting some using sword and some may have converted by other persuasions.

I find it ironic that these few who indulge in forceful conversions today are descendants of people who may have been converted by force in the past.

Neither Islam, Pakistan nor any of its agencies are complicit. On the contrary I and other Pakistani members on the forum unequivocally condemn these evil acts. Of course the state of Pakistan must investigate and punish the perpetrators if it has happened. But it is unfair of you and Indians to try to tarnish Pakistan Islam and all of us with the same brush

Bl[i]tZ;2686835 said:

I would agree with you sir.

The said perpetrators claiming to be upholders of the mentioned religions you listed, are morons in my opinion.

Some bigots are past that even they don’t worry about CONVERSION altogether, they would rather burn the person- not to their liking- alive or impale him on a spear.

Some Religious bigots in history committed Gujarat violence of 27 February 2002, these bigots were identified as the perpetrators of such atrocities on their own people in their own country to give them a chance to carry out Gujarat violence, also In Ayodhya Faizabad district of Uttar Pradesh destroyed a heritage and religious sight that was over 460 years old and along with it many hundreds of human lives which were deamed not fit for conversion.
Such bigots never bothered with the ridiculous idea of forcible conversion. They just performed their religious duties by cleansing the earth from the presence of the impure.

Neither Islam, Pakistan nor any of its agencies are complicit.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/curren...al-islam-infused-agencies-2-save-pak-nfp.html

On the contrary I and other Pakistani members on the forum unequivocally condemn these evil acts. Of course the state of Pakistan must investigate and punish the perpetrators if it has happened.

That is expected and appreciated.

But it is unfair of you and Indians to try to tarnish Pakistan Islam and all of us with the same brush

Please, I always said the few. Reposting
Bl[i]tZ;2686835 said:

I only retorted to your statement

Both Pakistan and India have bad people who do bad things

Obviously, every country has bad apples but my point was no minority has every been been forcefully converted on this side of the border. Hence, it makes no sense to indulge India and Indians in this conversation about "forced conversions of minorities" and seek some sort of respectful parity.

Back
Top Bottom