What's new

Football Worldcup Russia-2018

DiKfnMKW0AE03pf.jpg

Africans have won the cup #WorldCupFinal

DiKfDgCWkAUG-94.jpg

Kolinda Grabar-Kitarović, President of Croatia. 1. She did not miss a single match. 2. Travelled in economy class. 3. Always in the stands with the fans. 4. Values football. 5. Loves everyone.
1f44f.png
1f44f.png
1f44f.png
#WorldCup #WorldCupFinal

DiKg3T4WsAIvB0I.jpg

DiKg3taWAAEBANv.jpg
You cant call them Africans,born and raised in France,they are French,congratulations to France.

Congratulations France and Croatia

Stepped in the tournament as underdogs, defeated many big teams to enter finals but tasted bad luck in the last game
Croatia won hearts

Congratulations France
The most unpredictable stunning World Cup Ever

Thanks to Russia for the wonderful World Cup
Thanks to the Russian people for their warm welcome
Thanks to FIFA for the successful management
Congratulations to teams that won the medals
Hard luck the participating teams

You cant call them Africans,born and raised in France,they are French,congratulations to France.

No disrespect for them But their roots lays in Africa. If French won as fully French team like Brazil Argentina where no or few immigrants in their team then it would looks a total French win .

No disrespect for them But their roots lays in Africa. If French won as fully French team like Brazil Argentina where no or few immigrants in their team then it would looks a total French win .

Actually when you look at it in depth,almost every Brazilian or Argentinian has in a way or another immigrants roots,so your argument can't really apply here. But nice try though.

Then by your logic,Brasil also has an African team and not to forget England.

@Vergennes @HannibalBarca @Taygibay Les félicitations pour votre titre mondial!

Overall, France is a deserving winner of this World Cup, maybe they didn't bring their typical refined football, but they were a strong team with great efficiency. They were willing to push away the idea of bringing nice football in order to win. This was proven in France-Belgium; in the whole tournament they were mature, despite being a young team.

Also the Croatians should be very proud of what they achieved here, I think they were unlucky in the finals with some decisions from the referee, they gave it their all, refusing to give up. They were definitely a worthy oppontent to the French.

To add a little, as a Belgian I am also proud of what we have achieved, hopefully this is a start of a new era for Belgium.

So the commentary here by Alexi Lalas I think was spot on. While I understand your point and there is some truth to that, I think it's different in the penalty box and specifically if you're involved in the play. What he said that if a defender is going to jump up and try to make a play on the ball, he's responsible for his hands/arms etc. and is not exempt from a handball penalty, regardless if it's unintentional because he also said that's why when you jump and get involved in the play like that, you need to put your arms behind you to avoid this problem. I thought those were good points.

I really like this viewpoint, because it is right, however worse fouls have been ignored many times before. I defintely think this was unintentional, if a bit sloppy, but Perisic was already descending, so controlling your arms is really tough. I also think that Umtiti was blocking Perisic' view, so it was never intentional I believe.
This was a rather light error, but definitely punishable, the French got somewhat luck in this decision, the Croatians unlucky.

We asked nicely Croatia for a goal and they kindly gave us one... What a Team. What a Fairplay.
I wouldn't refuse other "gifts".

The 'foul' on Griezmann (which led to the onwgoal ) wasn't a foul at all in my opinion; Griezmann was already falling before he got touched, to me this is more a 'schwalbe' than an actual foul. A poor decision of the VAR/referee. The French should thank the referee instead! Then again, Mandzukic shouldn't have made that owngoal either :sarcastic:

In the end of the day we can nitpick all we want, I still think the French would have draged the victory out of the fire, because the Croation looked really tired when the French started to turn up the heat in the second half. Maybe the French would have needed extentions. I am also sure that Lloris wouldn't make that dumb mistake either if the French wouldn't be in a 4-1 lead...
Courtois called and he thanked Lloris for the golden glove

Yes but those 'Africans' have grown up in France and had their football training in France too, this is a victory for the French and the French only, no matter how many 'Africans' played with the team. (not to say they can't be proud of their heritage)

Last edited:
Football and sports in general are a good opportunity for people of immigrants background from the poor suburbs to climb the social ladder and to succeed in life,black,arab or white they played for the same country,the same uniform and the same flag,uniting millions of people from all background holding the same flag and cheering for the same team. I always wanted my kids to witness what we witnessed in 1998,it was such a moment.

The rest can bark as much as they want,but the caravan moves on. @HannibalBarca

Indeed. Fully agree. Congratulations to you and @Taygibay and @HannibalBarca. World Champions La France.

I love this guy lol. Just a regular fan.

DiK5KnCWkAEF4_V.jpg

My goodness, is this woman gorgeous or what? She has to be the most attractive looking president on this earth!

Actually he is right. French is nationality while african is race so getting french nationality dont change your race or background. I like this fact thay they have many french African in national football team of France

You see if british born Pakistani or somalian win medal for UK then they are proudly labelled as British boxer and British athlete while if british born immigrant invole in negative actvities then they are labelled as Pakistani rapist/terrorist or Muslim somalian rapist instead of British . You can easily see this double standard in media

Then by your logic,Brasil also has an African team and not to forget England.

They do.

Bhai, naam aapka Dalit, picture putin ki...aakhir raaz kia hai?

Abhi batata hoon. Where are the servers and lock her up LOL

@Vergennes @HannibalBarca @Taygibay Les félicitations pour votre titre mondial!

Overall, France is a deserving winner of this World Cup, maybe they didn't bring their typical refined football, but they were a strong team with great efficiency. They were willing to push away the idea of bringing nice football in order to win. This was proven in France-Belgium; in the whole tournament they were mature, despite being a young team.

Also the Croatians should be very proud of what they achieved here, I think they were unlucky in the finals with some decisions from the referee, they gave it their all, refusing to give up. They were definitely a worthy oppontent to the French.

To add a little, as a Belgian I am also proud of what we have achieved, hopefully this is a start of a new era for Belgium.

I really like this viewpoint, because it is right, however worse fouls have been ignored many times before. I defintely think this was unintentional, if a bit sloppy, but Perisic was already descending, so controlling your arms is really tough. I also think that Umtiti was blocking Perisic' view, so it was never intentional I believe.
This was a rather light error, but definitely punishable, the French got somewhat luck in this decision, the Croatians unlucky.

The 'foul' on Griezmann (which led to the onwgoal ) wasn't a foul at all in my opinion; Griezmann was already falling before he got touched, to me this is more a 'schwalbe' than an actual foul. A poor decision of the VAR/referee. The French should thank the referee instead! Then again, Mandzukic shouldn't have made that owngoal either :sarcastic:

In the end of the day we can nitpick all we want, I still think the French would have draged the victory out of the fire, because the Croation looked really tired when the French started to turn up the heat in the second half. Maybe the French would have needed extentions. I am also sure that Lloris wouldn't make that dumb mistake either if the French wouldn't be in a 4-1 lead...
Courtois called and he thanked Lloris for the golden glove

Yes but those 'Africans' have grown up in France and had their football training in France too, this is a victory for the French and the French only, no matter how many 'Africans' played with the team. (not to say they can't be proud of their heritage)

They are still immigrants. In France racist elements have criticized the amount of colored players representing the French national team.

In Belgium, your own striker Lukaku criticized Belgian attitude towards colored players.

Last edited:
Actually he is right. French is nationality while african is race so getting french nationality dont change your race or background. I like this fact thay they have many french African in national football team of France

You see if british born Pakistani or somalian win medal for UK then they are proudly labelled as British boxer and British athlete while if british born immigrant invole in negative actvities then they are labelled as Pakistani rapist/terrorist or Muslim somalian rapist instead of British . You can easily see this double standard in media

Yes it's important to say where their "Origin" is... TILL the society stop labelling them by their origin when something bad is done by some of that community.

The Moment the society stop such behavior, then Labelling French players by adding their "Origin" should also stop.

It's important to let people see, that people of X community/Background are also important for that same society...

Per exemple, for the Terros... Never they said it's a French guy and Period... it was always a "Franco-Something" even though they are born and raised here... and few of them are from mixed parents (where one is from that same country or from the EU)
Few may say "But why doing like them? Why not we start by the good one? Why not behaving Differently?" The answer is quite simple... A good part of those people who ask you to not speak of their Origin..Do not act neither speak up when their origin is put on the Table by some bad apples...

Anyway, Saying that they have Origin is not a crime... But you have to Add that they are also French, and not only having a binary view h24...

So saying "French Team is an african team or an immigrant one" is false and wrong.

Yes it's important to say where their "Origin" is... TILL the society stop labelling them by their origin when something bad is done by some of that community.

The Moment the society stop such behavior, then Labelling French players by adding their "Origin" should also stop.

It's important to let people see, that people of X community/Background are also important for that same society...

Per exemple, for the Terros... Never they said it's a French guy and Period... it was always a "Franco-Something" even though they are born and raised here... and few of them are from mixed parents (where one is from that same country or from the EU)
Few may say "But why doing like them? Why not we start by the good one? Why not behaving Differently?" The answer is quite simple... A good part of those people who ask you to not speak of their Origin..Do not act neither speak up when their origin is put on the Table by some bad apples...

Anyway, Saying that they have Origin is not a crime... But you have to Add that they are also French, and not only having a binary view h24...

So saying "French Team is an african team or an immigrant one" is false and wrong.

Whilst I agree that you can't call the French national team African or Islamic, but we all know stereotypes and discrimination exists. The reason why some people were quick to point this out is because we all know how quickly bad things are associated to people of color. It is a good thing now to also associate good things to people of color.

Many players in this French national team are sons of immigrants. They are also labelled immigrants.

Whilst I agree that you can't call the French national team African or Islamic, but we all know stereotypes and discrimination exists. The reason why some people were quick to point this out is because we all know how quickly bad things are associated to people of color. It is a good thing now to also associate good things to people of color.

Many players in this French national team are sons of immigrants. They are also labelled immigrants.

Only a small part of the society is playing the immigrant card for the French team, And they did so, by calling French people to support the "Only Left EU White Christian team" that is Croatia. And for that, they became the Pariah of the french society...

You have to understand that Football is sacred in France, even more when your team is in Final... And you can't touch those players...every bad word on them, will get you Dozens and Dozens of Million of French against you, whatever their political or ideological side.

For Us, those players are French... In France, we use the 3 Words "Black-Blanc-Beur" aka Black-White-Arab" Therefore Origin is already accepted for such team... as paying tribute to their heritage and our Multiculturalism.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom