What's new

Food prices mock India's scorching growth

India is simply vary of China's power and influence, especially in south asia. India will continue to arm itself until it is comfortable sitting next to the world's second strongest nation. China better get used to it.

its cute hearing Indians trying to hyperbole as if they would ever be able to be a match for the Chinese. I hope you guys havent forgotton the type of defeat you had to suffer last time trying to implement your "forward policy."

PS: we didn't import any nuclear powered ships, we built them ourselves.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

its cute hearing Indians trying to hyperbole as if they would ever be able to be a match for the Chinese. I hope you guys havent forgotton the type of defeat you had to suffer last time trying to implement your "forward policy."

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Dude while we might not reach where China is, but while trying to match China we will grow for sure and if not 1st we will be second after China, where do you stand? Stop hiding behind China and getting happy that they are ahead of India. You are not even in picture, the only thing you talk about is army, military where is economy?

Dude while we might not reach where China is, but while trying to match China we will grow for sure and if not 1st we will be second after China, where do you stand? Stop hiding behind China and getting happy that they are ahead of India. You are not even in picture, the only thing you talk about is army, military where is economy?

explain to me what pic you think you are in. India's name is talked of today solely because of its population. but peel away the facade of the huge population and inside you will find poverty on a scale which is larger than the entire continent of africa, inside you will find more aids ridden people than anywhere else in the world.

Indians talk of economy economy economy as if they have all suddenly become millionares, all the while being recipiant of the largest portion of world aid themselves and where companies run tourism of the country's slums.

Atleast you wont find Pakistanis so delusional about the problems we face. No Pakistani here holds dreams of hagemony unlike the Indians. I get along fine with Indians who dont live inside a Bollywood movie, its the ones with delusions of granduer whome i have problems with.

Its ironic that a Pakistani chooses to lecture India on its problems. We are aware of our problems thanks. Whatever they may be, they pale in comparison to problems faced by your nation currently.

but peel away the facade of the huge population and inside you will find poverty on a scale which is larger than the entire continent of africa, inside you will find more aids ridden people than anywhere else in the world.

Perhaps a little research before you post? Google search isn't that hard.

Coming back to topic, Yeah the price rice is reaching ridiculous proportions. And all our politicians can talk about is Telengana. Pathetic.

Its ironic that a Pakistani chooses to lecture India on its problems. We are aware of our problems thanks. Whatever they may be, they pale in comparison to problems faced by your nation currently.

Perhaps a little research before you post? Google search isn't that hard.

Coming back to topic, Yeah the price rice is reaching ridiculous proportions. And all our politicians can talk about is Telengana. Pathetic.

I'm wondering about what is the price(in US dollar) of 1 Kg rice in India now?

I'm wondering about what is the price(in US dollar) of 1 Kg rice in India?

75 Cents..for a Good quality Rice....1 Dollar per KG for a Premium Quality...

A standard Quality Rice can Be bought at less than 50 cents.

Now see..how easy it is to feed a family of four in 1 Dollar a time....so if Indians are living on 2 Dollar a day....it means for a Family of 4

2 Dollar X 4 = 8 Dollars a day......

You can buy 4 KG Rice.... 2 KG Vegetables...some Cooking oil and Fuel...and feed a family for whole day....3 times...in a day...and still save some money for bad time...

So here goes the poverty figure out of the window.

Last edited:

Now see..how easy it is to feed a family of four in 1 Dollar a time....so if Indians are living on 2 Dollar a day....it means for a Family of 4

You can buy 4 KG Rice.... 2 KG Vegetables...some Cooking oil and Fuel...and feed a family for whole day....3 times...in a day...and still save some money for bad time...

It's 40%-50% higher than rice price of China. But Chinese peasants are poor since the cheap rice price, I think Indian peasants are much richer.

It's 40%-50% higher than rice price of China. But Chinese peasants are poor since the cheap rice price, I think Indian peasants are much richer.

I think its not about how much money you spend on the food.....its about giving your family a good meal day in and day out...so if people from both countries are able to do that....good enough....

These is also electricity bill, water bill, telecom bill......
The most important is that poverty needs to eat meat and fruits! I think their price is even higher.

^^^above prices are for 1tier cities
its much much less in rural areas

yup 2rs per unit for electricity,1paise per second this is minimum for mobile

Depends on the quality. Basmati rice is really expensive, normal quality is not. Poor people have ration cards which allows them to buy rice cheaper Rupees 5 ( that's about 10 cents i think) per kilo because of government subsidies.

But Chinese peasants are poor since the cheap rice price, I think Indian peasants are much richer.

Indian peasants are not richer than Chinese peasants.

These is also electricity bill, water bill, telecom bill......
The most important is that poverty needs to eat meat and fruits! I think their price is even higher.

Ok.... let me help here....

You can buy 1 KG Chicken ....for 2 Dollars in a rural market.....urban could be 2.5 Dollar.....then you don't buy Vegetables....so....that evens out ...and not everyone in India eats meat....

And average Indian Village family of 4...spends about 1 Dollars on other staple products ... 50 cents for Fruits ...but most of the time the fruits are grown in your family backyard....

Average Mobile /telephone Bills for the month don't exceed 10 Dollars......

^^^people do eat meat in india but not so driven or doesnt comes in regular diet

overall u can mange ur life on2$ if u plan welll

Its cute hearing Pakistanis cheering for China, I don't mind it, at least in this way you have acknowledged that Pakistan has nothing to show for itself.

oh by the way, has '71 ever kept you from opening your mouth? That was actually nine years after '62, and Pakistan ended up losing half its territory, just in case you forgot.

We're building two more by the way, it shouldn't concern Pakistan though, so you can keep laughing.

Back
Top Bottom