What's new

Flying 'Maruti' car at Aero India this year

rockstarIN

Reaction score
Country
India
NEW DELHI (BNS): Alongside the latest supersonic fighter aircraft and transport aircraft on display, one would also get to see an indigenously developed flying car based on the popular Maruti 800 at this year's Aero India show beginning here next week.

7762734024d4917387e8b7.jpg

Developed by a Bangalore based company- Bangalorean- the car would be on a static display along with some of the best fighter aircraft of the world at the event from February 9th to 13th.

"A Bangalore-based gentleman has developed the concept and he claims that this car can fly. He has done necessary modifications," Secretary Defence Production Raj Kumar Singh told reporters here.

The developer has used the basic Maruti 800 car model to develop it into a flying machine, but the senior official clarified that "it has no connection with the Maruti Udyog Limited.

"Since it has not received necessary permissions from the Director General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) to fly we have granted it space for static demonstration only," Singh said.

On being asked why a car is being allowed to participate in an air show while it should be participating in a show related to automobiles, the secretary said, "Simply because the show is about everything which can fly. Moreover, it is an interesting concept."

lol, i wonder if its really true,and if it is then interesting development

Well thats certainly and Interesting development... Bangalorians have more to rejoice I guess...

lol, i wonder if its really true,and if it is then interesting development

Come on....its obviously true. How can it be showcased if it is'nt? or its a must practice to doubt everything?

IMO, its nothing to be proud of as its just like a glider with engine. nothing new. All gliders can fly.

Come on....its obviously true. How can it be showcased if it is'nt? or its a must practice to doubt everything?

IMO, its nothing to be proud of as its just like a glider with engine. nothing new. All gliders can fly.

Dont disgrace the Development, this is not the first flying car in the world which you call it a glider.... There have been Flying cars showcased in various Other airshows, and You must be proud that an Indian Flying car is Debuting in an Indian Airshow.... The car might not be promising the luxury but it sure will promise Authoritativeness

The solution to the unforgiving B'lore traffic.

Dont disgrace the Development, this is not the first flying car in the world which you call it a glider.... There have been Flying cars showcased in various Other airshows, and You must be proud that an Indian Flying car is Debuting in an Indian Airshow.... The car might not be promising the luxury but it sure will promise Authoritativeness

Why do we need to feel proud of pity developments?? Tell me-how is it different than other flying machines? any development in technology??

Why do we need to feel proud of pity developments?? Tell me-how is it different than other flying machines? any development in technology??

For a country which is believed to have no technology by the outside world and considered to be the land of Snake charmers, this along with other Aviation Accessories would be a Befitting reply...

And Such Cars would pave way for Futuristic Ideas and Promote pvt companies to invest more on Futuristic Technologies, For how long years do you wanna see Indian Companies producing Automobiles while the rest are Thinking ahead?

For a country which is believed to have no technology by the outside world and considered to be the land of Snake charmers, this along with other Aviation Accessories would be a Befitting reply...

And Such Cars would pave way for Futuristic Ideas and Promote pvt companies to invest more on Futuristic Technologies, For how long years do you wanna see Indian Companies producing Automobiles while the rest are Thinking ahead?

Things of the past. Nobody thinks this way anymore. World knows where India-of-today is and what she's heading towards. My point was that when an iron body can be air-lifted with a honda civic engines...what different this flying car has to offer???

However, I agree with your second statement. :cheers:

Things of the past. Nobody thinks this way anymore. World knows where India-of-today is and what she's heading towards. My point was that when an iron body can be air-lifted with a honda civic engines...what different this flying car has to offer???

However, I agree with your second statement. :cheers:

What is India?? India is No where in terms of Bridging gap between the developed and developing worlds in terms of technology... And this is a Pvt venture, they have started a New trend and a Possible market for such a Product in our country which certainly is a Thing to be proud of, dont you think?

go home try to make i bet u wont be even to fix a wing on that car :hitwall:

back to topic
would love to see its spec and pics :yahoo: :smitten:

i don't know if it gonna fly or not but my motorbike do fly for sure .. Watch below
:D :smitten: :lol:
ist2_1540774_high_flying_motorcycle.jpg

Back
Top Bottom