What's new

Fly Jinnah REVIEW: Low-Cost Airline in Pakistan

I don't think there anyone who doubts the role of Jinnah as founder of Pakistan. Respect is one thing, creating a cult is another. Keep in mind we are a diverse country of diverse cultures and history of hardworking individuals in their respective fields. Not everything is Jinnah, Iqbal and Bhutto related and most definitely they have nothing to do with aviation.
Simply honouring Sir Jinnah isn't cultist behaviour, no one is saying that he was a perfect human being. Naming your business after a person who is heavily loved in your country is a smart decision. Yes, there have been plenty of other great individuals who have made this country proud but this country may not even exist in the first place if it wasn't for Jinnah. Also, according to your logic, wouldn't naming this airline over someone else also be considered cultist behaviour?

Simply lack of common sense. A lot has to be done to improve on the creativity front and this goes for AirSial as well. I means lmao for starters the logo looks like a cheap PCB logo.

Well, on other fronts, it's a commercial decision, they can do as they please, their money, their investment and so on, it doesn't bother me one bit.
There are few issues that do bother me, my identity and all that it entails, and in this case the father of our nation, Jinnah, it's a name that should not be used for commercial purposes, full stop. But, Pakistanis have a certain way of doings things, so it is what it is.

Well, as per Pakistan CAA Regulations a carrier has to operate exactly 01 Year domestically, before they are given a green-light to operate International.

10/10 Times, the first destination turns out to be Dubai.

I hope that flyJinnah maintains their current fleet of a320 & does not venture out to the deep sea by getting a wide-body like the a330 (like Serene Air). What would work in the long run would be an a321Neo.

Even a veteran airline like airblue attempted with the a340 & failed miserably. And they attempted that nearly a decade after starting operation.

Reducing 01 Row on their a320's might seem like a good idea to attract & lure passengers away from the rest of the field, but in the end - 1 Row less = 6 less passengers. Can't have that kind of model.

The one thing the a320 has superior to the B737, that helps the airline is the difference in size of the hold. The a320 family Cargo Hold is far superior to that of the B737 - which might help the airline to give extra baggage allowance if they are to compete with Serene Air for now.

Too bad about Shaheen Air. The (late) Khalid Sebhai worked hard building that airline, only for his two jerkoff sons to run it to the ground.

Simply honouring Sir Jinnah isn't cultist behaviour, no one is saying that he was a perfect human being. Naming your business after a person who is heavily loved in your country is a smart decision. Yes, there have been plenty of other great individuals who have made this country proud but this country may not even exist in the first place if it wasn't for Jinnah. Also, according to your logic, wouldn't naming this airline over someone else also be considered cultist behaviour?

If you were naming an airport after an important figure or your own business after yourself that would be different and its quite the norm internationally as well and I would support that.

My logic is this is a private low cost carrier with the intention to make profit. One would expect some creativity. It would have been wise if they would have advertised itself as a frill airline. Let us see how this airline performs but going by logic people want to travel cheap so one would expect you to sell your brand in that context.

Last edited:
Bhoja air was like getting on a wagon with wings, but you pay peanuts you get monkeys. Air Blue is far safer, and aircraft are modern, and staff are largely professional. Serene Air is good for volume flying; however, the aircraft show their age.

Bhoja lost its licence and went into liquidation after the Flight 213 disaster.

Didn't Bhoja air use Russian airplanes? Not that it matters.

Flight 213 was a tragic incident and is studied extensively in aviation circles.

Hopefully lessons can be learned to avoid similar downdraft related incidents.

In any case - running an airline profitably is tough business.

In Bangladesh air carriers need to operate domestically for two years before they are licensed to operate on int'l basis.

We just had the fourth and fifth local carrier join operations but several old operators went out of business in the preceding years.

Bangladesh domestic aviation market is still maturing.

It is a growing market but legs (hops) are far shorter than Pakistan and operators use mostly turboprops (half to two hour legs).

But there are also a lot of regional int'l airports in the vicinity (Nepal and Bhutan, in addition to India). Even some of those routes use turboprops.

Last edited:
sir your thoughts are wrong . these planes are as safe as any other airline . the plane you mention are A330 . turkish airlines maintain serene air fleet .
One I flew was old, felt like I am flying in 80s. Safety video has some old European (Italian or Spanish) airlines video.

@Azadkashmir

flyzardari flysharifs flymir bajwas

Ha ha true. Low cost cut price carriers should be named after the above. Only top quality airlines should be named after the Qaid,

Regards

Back
Top Bottom