What's new

Fly Jinnah REVIEW: Low-Cost Airline in Pakistan

_NOBODY_

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Fly Jinnah is Pakistan's first low-cost carrier airline with the youngest fleet and the only one with an in-flight entertainment system for domestic routes. Here's my review of the airline:

00:00 - Fly Jinnah Intro
00:48 - Air Arabia Partnership
01:24 - Check-In Rules
01:50 - Low Cost Carrier Business Model
03:44 - Aircraft Age of Fly Jinnah vs others
04:41 - Aircraft Type of Fly Jinnah
05:19 - Boarding
05:48 - Disclaimer
06:15 - Seat Configuration
07:56 - Destinations
08:21 - Take-off
09:40 - Sharklets in A320s
10:07 - Seat Quality
10:32 - Standard Legroom
10:50 - Food Menu and Prices
13:00 - In-Flight Entertainment
13:43 - Movie Catalogue
14:14 - TV Series Catalogue
14:28 - Audio & Games
15:00 - Streaming Speed Demo
16:05 - Loyalty Program
16:48 - Lavatory Review
17:19 - Faakhir Mehmood's thoughts
18:05 - Behroz Sabzwari's thoughts
19:23 - Conclusion

I flew serene airline business class few months ago. Planes were old, second hand from some budget European airline. Old Logo were still visible. Also i end up with upset stomach after eating their inflight burnt food.

These budget airline buy very old cheap planes and aren’t really safe.

I flew serene airline business class few months ago. Planes were old, second hand from some budget European airline.
Most airlines don't actually own Aircrafts (anymore). Leasing companies do that.

As you can see below, Serene Air got one of their B737-800 (NG's) from Seattle - which i'm sure is owned by another firm.

Bhai jaan, all the a320's PIA got are used too including the one that crashed in KHI a couple of years back. It was from China.

Issue(s) is not with an aircraft being old, but the maintenance done on regular basis.

I'm sorry, but a budget airline - Norwegian Air Shuttle nearly went bankrupt because they attempted to change their models from B737's to introducing B787 (Dreamliner). Didn't workout too well from them.

Budget Carriers can only survive on narrow-body aircrafts like B737 & a320.

Leave the fancy Wide-body for the Big Boys.

I flew serene airline business class few months ago. Planes were old, second hand from some budget European airline. Old Logo were still visible. Also i end up with upset stomach after eating their inflight burnt food.

It’s budget for a reason. I remember we used Bhoja for shuttle flights all the time, cheap and easy to get staff from point a to point b on busy routes.

Air blue was a game changer in the domestic business.

Fly Jinnah is Pakistan's first low-cost carrier airline with the youngest fleet and the only one with an in-flight entertainment system for domestic routes. Here's my review of the airline:

00:00 - Fly Jinnah Intro
00:48 - Air Arabia Partnership
01:24 - Check-In Rules
01:50 - Low Cost Carrier Business Model
03:44 - Aircraft Age of Fly Jinnah vs others
04:41 - Aircraft Type of Fly Jinnah
05:19 - Boarding
05:48 - Disclaimer
06:15 - Seat Configuration
07:56 - Destinations
08:21 - Take-off
09:40 - Sharklets in A320s
10:07 - Seat Quality
10:32 - Standard Legroom
10:50 - Food Menu and Prices
13:00 - In-Flight Entertainment
13:43 - Movie Catalogue
14:14 - TV Series Catalogue
14:28 - Audio & Games
15:00 - Streaming Speed Demo
16:05 - Loyalty Program
16:48 - Lavatory Review
17:19 - Faakhir Mehmood's thoughts
18:05 - Behroz Sabzwari's thoughts
19:23 - Conclusion
Its a stupid name for an airline, imagine the headlines when something goes wrong or a plane crashes. Jinnah has crashed, Jinnah this and Jinnah that, the name will be used to create endless silly memes.
Some names should not be used for silly commercial reasons, especially when you have so many other choices.

It’s budget for a reason. I remember we used Bhoja for shuttle flights all the time, cheap and easy to get staff from point a to point b on busy routes.

Air blue was a game changer in the domestic business.
How would you rate the safety of these airlines? Any visible sign to the passengers of which airlines to utilize and which to avoid?

How would you rate the safety of these airlines? Any visible sign to the passengers of which airlines to utilize and which to avoid?
Bhoja air was like getting on a wagon with wings, but you pay peanuts you get monkeys. Air Blue is far safer, and aircraft are modern, and staff are largely professional. Serene Air is good for volume flying; however, the aircraft show their age.

Bhoja lost its licence and went into liquidation after the Flight 213 disaster.

sir your thoughts are wrong . these planes are as safe as any other airline . the plane you mention are A330 . turkish airlines maintain serene air fleet .

Its a stupid name for an airline, imagine the headlines when something goes wrong or a plane crashes. Jinnah has crashed, Jinnah this and Jinnah that, the name will be used to create endless silly memes.
Some names should not be used for silly commercial reasons, especially when you have so many other choices.
You do know Boeing, Dassault, Tupolev, Antonov and the likes used to be people's name as well, right?

Those were not the father of our nation, I would hope the difference was obvious.
You are in the minority here. Almost everyone with whom I have discussed FlyJinnah with, they loved the name.

You are in the minority here. Almost everyone with whom I have discussed FlyJinnah with, they loved the name.

I understand the emotional aspect, I do not doubt loving of that name, as I do. But, wait till things go wrong and the memes come out, then I'll see how much they love it, and how much criticism they'll be throwing out, crying after the event as usual, blaming high and low.
Although I pray nothing goes wrong,

I understand the emotional aspect, I do not doubt loving of that name, as I do. But, wait till things go wrong and the memes come out, then I'll see how much they love it, and how much criticism they'll be throwing out, crying after the event as usual, blaming high and low.
Although I pray nothing goes wrong,
Edgy clowns will always try to make memes out of everything, this shouldn't stop us from honouring great people. We should be positive and pray for FlyJinnah's success, FlyJinnah's success will bring more honour to Quaid-e-Azam's name.

Edgy clowns will always try to make memes out of everything, this shouldn't stop us from honouring great people. We should be positive and pray for FlyJinnah's success, FlyJinnah's success will bring more honour to Quaid-e-Azam's name.

I can't say I agree yaar, you can't stop fools from doing foolish things. Indians were taking the piss out of recent floods, any opportunity they get they'll use.
I know this won't go well if things go wrong, and it's a name I would rather not risk disrespecting. But like you said, hopefully it'll be fine.

Back
Top Bottom