What's new

Florida Pulse gay club attacked in Orlando - 50 dead and 53 injured

Why are you trying to be defensive and dismissing him? He is a Christian, a Pastor and saying what his religion teaches him about certain behaviours and how they should be dealt with, and that is exactly what the other person was doing in the video you posted. Why do you think one should be criminalized for expressing his religious beliefs and the other one dismissed for doing the same?

Never heard of him.

Religion is what you make it. People can take it in part and not in whole, just as you don't have to serve yourself everything from the cafeteria line. A pastor today who trumpets parts of the Bible to promote violence in America is, I think, unlike to reverberate enough to inspire mass violence.

I think non Muslim gays are good and friendly. Why would Muslims kill them? Gay nations will perish with time by themselves. I agree Muslims should be hard to their own community only.

Why are you trying to be defensive and dismissing him? He is a Christian, a Pastor and saying what his religion teaches him about certain behaviours and how they should be dealt with, and that is exactly what the other person was doing in the video you posted.
If you say so. I'm not a Christian or Muslim and I didn't watch the video.

Why do you think one should be criminalized for expressing his religious beliefs and the other one dismissed for doing the same?
Did I call for anyone to be "dismissed"? You might be confusing me with someone else.

As for my opinion between the two: the pastor is likely a crank (I'm not watching the video even now) without a following while you can point to the imam as having inspired mass murder. Without the violence, the pastor might merely be guilty of hate speech. The imam, on the other hand, can be considered as having provided the malice behind the attacks and could therefore be judged a party to them.

Then you people should do something about these people, they are defaming your religion.
I dont have a religion.

pj-media.png

RULE OF LAW
Time Is Running Out for American Muslims
jchristianadams-36754897.jpg

BY J. CHRISTIAN ADAMS JUNE 15, 2016
flight-93.sized-770x415xc.jpg

American Muslims must use the time they have left to unleash a transformation within their community.

The despicable conduct of Omar Mateen’s wife, Noor Zahi Salman, is the latest example. The Orlando shooter's wife allegedly knew of his plan and accompanied him to buy ammunition, yet did nothing to stop him.

Then there was Tashfeen Malik, the obedient jihadist Bonnie Parker, who helped her husband Syed Farook gun down fourteen in San Bernardino.

Days before the killing in Orlando, the Husseini Islamic Center in Sanford, Florida, hosted Sheikh Farrokh Sekaleshfar. The Islamic scholar had previously preached to a crowd of American Muslims in Michigan about gays:

Death is the sentence. There’s nothing to be embarrassed about this. Death is the sentence.

For this? Skaleshfar earned invitations to speak elsewhere.

Time is running out for American Muslims. Mainstream America can connect the dots from Skaleshfar’s bloodlust to San Bernardino to Fort Hood to Seattle toGarland to an empty field in Somerset -- and finally to Pulse. All of these murderers thought they were acting according to their professed Islamic faith.

I’ll leave it to others to debate the text of the Koran and what it says or does not say. But American Muslims are running out of time because Americans are running out of patience.

With each new slaughter by a jihadist, the American Muslim community exhausts a bit more patience and goodwill of Americans. No matter how many rainbow-colored burkas are posted on Instagram, or how much rhetoric comes from the diminishing president, the message does not match reality.

Goodwill and mercy is an ablative thing. When jihadist after jihadist destroys our treasured domestic tranquility, they will eventually awaken an American resolve that will sweep away these distractions and confront the problem head-on.

It’s why Donald Trump has tapped into a silent mainstream fury. If the attacks by jihadists continue against innocents, what Donald Trump is proposing might not go far enough to many Americans.

I’m not suggesting this is a good thing. This is merely the human condition. It’s what civilizations have done for thousands of years when faced with similar circumstances.

And contrary to the progressive utopian ideal, history hasn’t stopped.

All of those primal impulses can’t be extracted out by four years of Wellesley and the Sunday New York Times, especially when few Americans read the Timesanymore. Hopefully any response from an exhausted America would manifest itself through law instead of pitchforks. But the American Muslim community needs to understand they lose support with every single attack, until they dosomething about it.

Speaking of Wellesley and the New York Times, it’s been predictable and boring to see the enablers attempt to compare the jihadists to Christians. Every religion has its extremists, they tell us:

The truth is that some extremists appear far more prone to act.

The attempt to equate theologies overlooks the importance of mercy in Christianity. Leviticus might say one thing, but Jesus said another.

There’s yet a bigger difference, and one that touches the expanse of the problem for American Muslims. If a series of slaughters were committed by Catholics professing to do so for their faith, I know the response would be quite different. The full evangelizing power of the Catholic Church would be marshaled to clarify the theology and to distance its teachings from the killings.

So far the response from the American Muslim community has been a wee bit of the latter. If the American Muslim community was interested in the former?

They’d stop inviting Sheikh Farrokh Sekaleshfar to speak at mainstream mosques.

If the American Muslim community was interested in the former, we’d read stories about wives turning in would-be jihadist husbands -- instead of about Noor Salman making an ammo run.

They’d stop doing a lot of things, and start doing many others.

Why did Salman not call the police about her husband? There are only a few possibilities. Perhaps she was all-in on the plot, but only in a supporting role. Perhaps she had a blinding loyalty to her husband. Or perhaps she belongs to a culture of silence that made associating with a jihadist killer preferable to crossing that culture.

Americans can’t help but notice the rapid-response public relations machine that now follows each of these jihadist slaughters.

Does Ibrahim Hooper of CAIR have a black Lincoln with a driver standing by around the clock to rush him to the presser the second the next shooter is pegged as a jihadist? Does President Obama’s press staff have a teleprompter file loaded, ready to load at a moment’s notice with names and places left blank? “Mass_Killing_By_Jihadist_Who_is_Not_a_Jihadist.doc”?

Therein lies the lie. Americans have a deep wellspring of decency. But they also treasure the greatness of this nation that has separated the American experience from all the horrors of history.

Our domestic tranquility might be a higher priority than any other value.

The American Muslim community needs to launch something far bigger, far more effective, and far more theological in response to the slaughters, because time is running out.
So what is "Christian America" planning to do? Put the muslims in concentration camps?

So what is "Christian America" planning to do? Put the muslims in concentration camps?
My guess? They're waiting, with increasing impatience, to see what Muslims will bring to the table.

So far it appears Muslim leaders are still following what the Islamic Society of North America enthusiastically endorsed as a "paradigm shift", the script the Saudis drew up at the 2008 Muslim Preparatory Conference on Inter-religious Dialogue:
  • Islam is the solution not the blame
  • Criticism of Islam is a thought crime that establishes "the culture of hatred between peoples" (thus rationalizing the mass murder of non-Muslims by blaming the victims)
  • Western values are bad
  • The illegitimate social relationships of gays and lesbians are to be confronted, even if they don't criticize Islam.

Until Muslims confront and break these guidelines I don't see how the situation can improve.

My guess? They're waiting, with increasing impatience, to see what Muslims will bring to the table.

So far it appears Muslim leaders are still following what the Islamic Society of North America enthusiastically endorsed as a "paradigm shift", the script the Saudis drew up at the 2008 Muslim Preparatory Conference on Inter-religious Dialogue:
  • Criticism of Islam is a thought crime that establishes "the culture of hatred between peoples" (thus rationalizing the mass murder of non-Muslims by blaming the victims)
  • Western values are bad
  • The illegitimate social relationships of gays and lesbians are to be confronted, even if they don't criticize Islam.

Until Muslims confront and break these guidelines I don't see how the situation can improve.
I have issues with this...Neither muslims nor christians in America act like monolithic groups....Most muslims believe the same thing i.e gays are horrible....western culture is decadant etc....but they don't act the same way...living in New York what I've seen is the average Muslim family here is very similar to an orthodox Jewish family(there are probably more muslims than orthodox Jews)....extremely conservative and protective....muslims in america are not a political force(minority muslims never act like political groups)....but the right wing christian rhetoric like..."clock is ticking"..."your time is running out"...which sound like out right threats are going to push muslims into trying to become a political force which will invite wahabi money into american politics and muddle things up even more...I know you are Jewish...but you do know how much influence AIPAC has(whether you support them or not)....now imagine a wahabi money fueled Muslim version of AIPAC....it is gonna get a lot worse....and Christian America is dead....the fore runner of Christian American politics cannot even quote a line from the bible...liberals are larger in number and growing....I doubt it matters what "Christian America(mostly white...mostly southerner) wants to do....the question is what do secular whites....black christians and catholic Latinos want....they are the new powerhouse of American politics.

• Western values are bad

why are we discussing this attack as muslim issue... investigators are unsure about any link with ISIS.. and new evidence has come to light which might mean it might not be a terror act. may be Obama should apologize for jumping gun.

why are we discussing this attack as muslim issue... investigators are unsure about any link with ISIS.. and new evidence has come to light which might mean it might not be a terror act. may be Obama should apologize for jumping gun.
This guy claimed allegiance to ISIS ,AL Qaueda and Hezbollah...three groups that oppose each other....he was lone wolf.

This guy claimed allegiance to ISIS ,AL Qaueda and Hezbollah...three groups that oppose each other....he was lone wolf.
he can claim allegiance to wall mart, pepsi and microsoft... seems he had no political goal and was driven by personal issues... i dont think one can call him lone wolf as well.. because lone wolf implies operating alone but believing/inspired by/working on a shared agenda.

...Most muslims believe the same thing i.e gays are horrible....western culture is decadant etc....but they don't act the same way...living in New York what I've seen is the average Muslim family here is very similar to an orthodox Jewish family...
The difference, as seen here and many other cases world-wide, is that too many Muslims don't accept communal or even family responsibility for the misconduct of their own and don't reject their murder-minded deviants. This perp's wife apparently knew what he was planning but chose to aid rather than thwart him, his father blamed the nightclub for not preventing the massacre rather than himself or the inflammatory statements of the local imam, and the Orlando Muslim community, after expressing shock and making a show of grief, is now aggressively accusing others of "Islamophobia" and banishes the thought that they could bear any responsibility.

...muslims in america are not a political force(minority muslims never act like political groups)....but the right wing christian rhetoric like..."clock is ticking"..."your time is running out"...which sound like out right threats are going to push muslims into trying to become a political force...
If Muslims organize politically to confront their own inner demons that would be great, wouldn't it?

That's the one bit that surprised me. However, this guy had already been investigated twice by the FBI so Obama likely had information about him very quickly.

The difference, as seen here and many other cases world-wide, is that too many Muslims don't accept communal or even family responsibility for the misconduct of their own and don't reject their murder-minded deviants. This perp's wife apparently knew what he was planning but chose to aid rather than thwart him, his father blamed the nightclub for not preventing the massacre rather than himself or the inflammatory statements of the local imam, and the Orlando Muslim community, after expressing shock and making a show of grief, is now aggressively accusing others of "Islamophobia" and banishes the thought that they could bear any responsibility.

If Muslims organize politically to confront their own inner demons that would be great, wouldn't it?

Then why not arrest the wife and the father? You have a criminal and people who helped the criminal...instead of treating them how they should be treated you go on THREATEN and entire group of people(3 million) that their time is running out.. It is irrelevant whether they personally think that they bear any responsibility...what is relevant is are they responsible or not...if they are they need to be dealt with...It seems like right wing morons are more inclined towards looking for apologies rather than actually taking action to punish those responsible and making sure things like this never happen again.
Muslims will not organize to confront their own demons...they will organize to legitimize their anti-western views by buying politicians.. All you need for them is to buy one president to say that Islamic Terrorism is the fault of America and then you can kiss your dreams of a stupid apology goodbye...they will radically change the culture of America....and then even if you criticize Islam you will be vindicated in your society and your workplace...Islamophobia will be the new Antisemitism.

he can claim allegiance to wall mart, pepsi and microsoft... seems he had no political goal and was driven by personal issues... i dont think one can call him lone wolf as well.. because lone wolf implies operating alone but believing/inspired by/working on a shared agenda.
Well you could say radical Islam was his shared agenda....guilt was his fuel(he was gay himself...his first wife says he had gay tendencies..also claimed that the boys father also rebuked him for being gay in-front of his first wife...he was frequent at the gay club...and used gay dating apps)....on top he probably had mental health problems. Oh and he frequently expressed his disgust for gay people...he fits a lot of bills.

Then why not arrest the wife and the father?
Wife, probably. Father, not certain. In America you can't go arresting people willy-nilly. Officer must either observe a crime himself, be convinced of probable cause that the person committed a crime, or have a warrant from a judge.

You have a criminal and people who helped the criminal...instead of treating them how they should be treated you go on THREATEN and entire group of people(3 million) that their time is running out..
It's not an either/or situation. Yes, I suppose the article is a kind of threat. Liberal democracy is not a death pact. Individuals and groups who decide to be bad citizens have to be dealt with. Every Muslim immigrant took his or her oath of citizenship to bear true faith and allegiance to the Constitution and State against all enemies, foreign and domestic. During the Revolution thousands of British Loyalists departed - some were dispossessed and kicked out. All U.S. citizens of Japanese ancestry were placed in internment camps during WWII.

It is irrelevant whether they personally think that they bear any responsibility...what is relevant is are they responsible or not...
Contrast that with the contention of Islamists that non-Muslims, regardless of their deeds, are always enemies to be fought.

if they are they need to be dealt with...It seems like right wing morons are more inclined towards looking for apologies rather than actually taking action to punish those responsible and making sure things like this never happen again.
True remorse can go a long way towards reducing the severity of the sentence.

Muslims will not organize to confront their own demons...they will organize to legitimize their anti-western views by buying politicians..
All of a sudden you speak for all Muslims in America? Who elected you to that high office?

Wife, probably. Father, not certain. In America you can't go arresting people willy-nilly. Officer must either observe a crime himself, be convinced of probable cause that the person committed a crime, or have a warrant from a judge.

It's not an either/or situation. Yes, I suppose the article is a kind of threat. Liberal democracy is not a death pact. Individuals and groups who decide to be bad citizens have to be dealt with. Every Muslim immigrant took his or her oath of citizenship to bear true faith and allegiance to the Constitution and State against all enemies, foreign and domestic. During the Revolution thousands of British Loyalists departed - some were dispossessed and kicked out. All U.S. citizens of Japanese ancestry were placed in internment camps during WWII.

Contrast that with the contention of Islamists that non-Muslims, regardless of their deeds, are always enemies to be fought.

True remorse can go a long way towards reducing the severity of the sentence.

All of a sudden you speak for all Muslims in America? Who elected you to that high office?
I don't speak for all Muslims in America...but I speak for a majority of them...I lived in a secular country that slowly was handed over to Wahabi funded Islamists....I know how it works....I have seen it with my own eyes...I have lived it and I fear it. True remorse cannot be attained by force or threat...Not only is the time different from the revolutionary war and the WW2....but the situation of those wars is not even comparable to the war on terror...The family knew that the son had mental issues....and still went on to buy him ammo...if you can shoot unarmed teenagers....arresting anyone like this is childsplay.

Conservative America will bring about the defeat to radical Islam....and then blame it on Obama.

I don't speak for all Muslims in America...but I speak for a majority of them...I lived in a secular country that slowly was handed over to Wahabi funded Islamists....I know how it works....I have seen it with my own eyes...I have lived it and I fear it. True remorse cannot be attained by force or threat...Not only is the time different from the revolutionary war and the WW2....but the situation of those wars is not even comparable to the war on terror...The family knew that the son had mental issues....and still went on to buy him ammo...if you can shoot unarmed teenagers....arresting anyone like this is childsplay.

Conservative America will bring about the defeat to radical Islam....and then blame it on Obama.
Thank you for your frankness. Do you also have constructive suggestions to offer?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom