What's new

Flanker Protection !

what's the source of the photo?? May be its photoshoped(really hope so :) )

Its real of course. This is in Aero India, Bangalore if I am not mistaken.

Whats wrong if the public get to see up close the planes that their tax money has paid for? Surely there is security around? This forum itself has photos of the IAF Garuds ( Special Forces) guarding the event. Plus most of the visitors at Aero India are families of the armed forces, so should be cool.

I think that our Pakistani neighbors don't realize that in India, by and large, the armed forces are not treated like demi-gods. They are respected but thats about it. You all must have read that there is a huge officer shortage in the Army, navy and Air force here. Can any Pakistani member comment whether there is a similar officer shortage there?

My point is that this pic is nothing to be mocked at, however you look at it. One of my friends on Facebook has put up a photo of him standing next to a F-22! Imagine, a desi software programmer standing next to America's ultimate fighter:-)

Well such sight isn't any shocking as far as my visit to one of the Indian Army's weapon exhibition in Mumbai somewhere around 2004-05. Even then, nearly two million people paid a visit to such a largest exhibition in entire week and that point of time, I still remember how I myself was jostling with people to get inside T-72, and BMP to have a closer look for insider appartus of those tanks. As far as I remember, there were somewhere around 30-40 people were standing onto the turrent of T-72 and many more in hundreds waiting in line for their turn.

Even in IAF static display during same year was marked with the visit of nearly 2-3 lakh people in just three days. Although, people were kept at bay from coming closer to aircrafts then only some people especially childrens were allowed to board likes of MKI, Mig-21, Mig-27, Mig-29, Kiran Jet trainer as well as Heliocopter just for having a snap. Even some cadets belonging to NCC who were deployed were instead more interested in getting inside the aircraft and helicopter.

In short, People visiting to such airshows and static display are more interested in touching the aircraft and feeling proud out of it.

Back
Top Bottom