What's new

Five Navy officers get death sentence in dockyard attack case

This was not IS, this was so called Taliban, and the funds came from Dubai. All arrested were with weapons, documents, and solid evidence. They have all admitted guilt to be part of the conspiracy to attack USS Supply in Pakistani EEZ, and then proceed to Bahrain. They were naive to think that they could hijack a destroyer from dockyard. All support network was apprehended, and only people directly involved have been given death sentences. All others have been sentenced depending on their level of involvement. There was a fire fight, many men gave their lives in protecting the naval asset. Many on their side were also killed, and they chose to kill themselves when surrounded. Hats off to ship QRF for laying down their lives without leaving their position. The nations owes its debt to their scarifies. Hats off to SSG unit that responded in little time,and ensure nobody could escape. All procedures put in place since Mehran worked. Hats off to Navy for keeping the incident under wraps for years. A message needs to be sent to all terrorists and their sympathisers, about the net result of such action. Well done.

Last edited:
:Pakistan: Army Cleaning the mess left behind aka Zia's spiritual sons:coffee: clean that mess more please.

A Hindu fanatic with the blood of thousands of Muslims on his hands with no regrets in control of Indian military and nukes is a way bigger cause for concern.

If you say so. However, since Narendra Modi is a huge off topic subject for this particular thread, I'll abstain myself from discussing the same.

@ Topic: Affiliation of these pseudo sons/ grandsons of Gen Zia's legacy in Pakistan's defence sectors to Daesh is a huge threat, not only for Pakistan's internal security, but also in the context of global extremism. I am glad that these five were captured and hope others, which I'm sure are aplenty, are also monitored & captured soon. Pakistan will do a huge favor to itself by reversing the radicalization of the elite lot, at least for now.

ISLAMABAD: A Navy tribunal sentenced five officers to death in the Sept 6, 2014, Karachi Naval Dockyard attack case, father of one of the convicts said on Monday.

Retired Major Saeed Ahmed told Dawn that in a trial his son, Sub-Lieutenant Hammad Ahmed, and four other naval officers had been convicted of the naval dockyard attack that took place on Defence Day around two years ago.

He said the five were charged with having links with the militant Islamic State group, mutiny, hatching a conspiracy and carrying weapons in the dockyard.

However, according to media reports, the attackers were purportedly planning to hijack the warship PNS Zulfiqar to use it in an attack on one of the US navy’s refuel ships. Two militants were killed and four others were apprehended by security personnel.

Mr Saeed said that the naval authorities did not provide his son the right to a fair trial.

“I wrote a letter to the Judge Advocate General (JAG) of the navy on August 15, 2015, asking him to provide the opportunity of a defence counsel to my son,” he said. “The navy JAG on Sept 21 replied that the option of defence counsel would be available at the time of trial.”

Mr Saeed said that he was waiting for the commencement of the trial when someone recently informed him that his son had been shifted to the Karachi central prison.

The retired army officer came to know about the conclusion of the trial and capital punishment when he went to Karachi and met his son and his four colleagues — Irfanullah, Muhammad Hammad, Arsalan Nazeer and Hashim Naseer — in prison.

“My son told me that a naval court had awarded death penalty to him and four other officers after a secret trial,” he claimed. “The convicted officers informed me that the naval court concluded the trial on April 12 and promulgated the sentence on April 14.”

He said that naval authorities did not provide him copies of the proceedings of the trial when he approached them for the same.

The convict’s father said that he would file an appeal against the judgement before the naval court of appeal.

He claimed that his son and others had been made scapegoats, as this was not the first time when such security lapses came to light.

He said the five officers had been in the navy for only four to five years and they were not capable of seizing a warship and using it for a banned outfit.

In July 2015, the naval authorities informed the Islamabad High Court (IHC) that a ‘missing’ sub-lieutenant, Hafiz Ehsanullah Sajjad, was in their custody in connection with the naval dockyard attack case.

Safia Ismail, the wife of the ‘missing’ officer, had filed a petition before the IHC stating that her husband was detained by the navy without any charge. She said that he was taken away from his residence in Gulshan-i-Iqbal, Karachi, by “some people in plain clothes on the evening of Sept 6, 2014”.

She said that her father, who was also a retired Navy officer, had tried to ascertain his whereabouts but to no avail.

Meanwhile, officials of the Pakistan Navy’s directorate of public relations were not available when Dawn tried to contact them for official confirmation.

Published in Dawn, May 24th, 2016

http://www.dawn.com/news/1260340
https://www.geo.tv/latest/106508-Five-Navy-officers-sentenced-to-death-for-PNS-Zulfiqar-Attack

@Windjammer @MastanKhan @GURU DUTT @Skull and Bones @Levina @Arsalan @WAJsal @Joe Shearer @Zibago @Star Wars @ranjeet @BDforever @MilSpec @Abingdonboy

Last edited:
This is a really Dangerous Episode.
How Impossible is the situtation that men in Uniform themselves could use their own assests as per their belief !

Good job Pakistan Navy! Hang those terrorists!

They Were you own Navy Men my Freind !
Your own Soldiers involved in act of Terrorism ?

@Windjammer Can u plz confirm this . Thank You.

This is a really Dangerous Episode.
How Impossible is the situtation that men in Uniform themselves could use their own assests as per their belief !

They Were you own Navy Men my Freind !
Your own Soldiers involved in act of Terrorism ?

@Windjammer Can u plz confirm this . Thank You.
This is old news; many members of the military were 'radicalized' during the Soviet-Afghan war. They served abroad and thought of fighting the same people they ate, fought, lived, died, prayed, (ect...) with was just something they could not do and they were confirmed that the Pakistan Government betrayed their allies and Islam.

ISLAMABAD: A Navy tribunal sentenced five officers to death in the Sept 6, 2014, Karachi Naval Dockyard attack case, father of one of the convicts said on Monday.

Retired Major Saeed Ahmed told Dawn that in a trial his son, Sub-Lieutenant Hammad Ahmed, and four other naval officers had been convicted of the naval dockyard attack that took place on Defence Day around two years ago.

He said the five were charged with having links with the militant Islamic State group, mutiny, hatching a conspiracy and carrying weapons in the dockyard.

However, according to media reports, the attackers were purportedly planning to hijack the warship PNS Zulfiqar to use it in an attack on one of the US navy’s refuel ships. Two militants were killed and four others were apprehended by security personnel.

Mr Saeed said that the naval authorities did not provide his son the right to a fair trial.

“I wrote a letter to the Judge Advocate General (JAG) of the navy on August 15, 2015, asking him to provide the opportunity of a defence counsel to my son,” he said. “The navy JAG on Sept 21 replied that the option of defence counsel would be available at the time of trial.”

Mr Saeed said that he was waiting for the commencement of the trial when someone recently informed him that his son had been shifted to the Karachi central prison.

The retired army officer came to know about the conclusion of the trial and capital punishment when he went to Karachi and met his son and his four colleagues — Irfanullah, Muhammad Hammad, Arsalan Nazeer and Hashim Naseer — in prison.

“My son told me that a naval court had awarded death penalty to him and four other officers after a secret trial,” he claimed. “The convicted officers informed me that the naval court concluded the trial on April 12 and promulgated the sentence on April 14.”

He said that naval authorities did not provide him copies of the proceedings of the trial when he approached them for the same.

The convict’s father said that he would file an appeal against the judgement before the naval court of appeal.

He claimed that his son and others had been made scapegoats, as this was not the first time when such security lapses came to light.

He said the five officers had been in the navy for only four to five years and they were not capable of seizing a warship and using it for a banned outfit.

In July 2015, the naval authorities informed the Islamabad High Court (IHC) that a ‘missing’ sub-lieutenant, Hafiz Ehsanullah Sajjad, was in their custody in connection with the naval dockyard attack case.

Safia Ismail, the wife of the ‘missing’ officer, had filed a petition before the IHC stating that her husband was detained by the navy without any charge. She said that he was taken away from his residence in Gulshan-i-Iqbal, Karachi, by “some people in plain clothes on the evening of Sept 6, 2014”.

She said that her father, who was also a retired Navy officer, had tried to ascertain his whereabouts but to no avail.

Meanwhile, officials of the Pakistan Navy’s directorate of public relations were not available when Dawn tried to contact them for official confirmation.

Published in Dawn, May 24th, 2016

http://www.dawn.com/news/1260340
https://www.geo.tv/latest/106508-Five-Navy-officers-sentenced-to-death-for-PNS-Zulfiqar-Attack

@Windjammer @MastanKhan @GURU DUTT @Skull and Bones @Levina @Arsalan @WAJsal @Joe Shearer @Zibago @Star Wars @ranjeet @BDforever @MilSpec @Abingdonboy

Something smelly about this. Too much clandestine activity, too much "If we tell you, we'll have to shoot you." Getting junior officers to hand over a ship is a peculiar procedure; what did they think would happen next?

It is concerned that the armed forces are breeding this kind of scum.
Namak Haram!

lets hope for best and navy hanged them actually not just announce and then reduce it in jail

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom