What's new

Five blasts inside Mahabodhi temple in Bihar's Bodhgaya district

Thank god it was early in the morning and no casualties or serious damage.there are media reports that there wee some intelligence inputs and a mock drill had been done in last week of June.

I hope that perpetrators are caught soon

nope perpetrator are never caught in india.

A Buddhist Temple?

Didn't some guys recently destroy some Buddha statues in Lucknow as well?

this is done by muslim terrorists in reaction to myanmar riots.west hates muslims,indians hate muslims.the only who dont have prob with muslims is buddhists but such type of cowardly acts will develop hate for muslims in the entire buddhist south east asia

this is done by muslim terrorists in reaction to myanmar riots.west hates muslims,indians hate muslims.the only who dont have prob with muslims is buddhists but such type of cowardly acts will develop hate for muslims in the entire buddhist south east asia

Can't be worse than the destruction of the Bamiyan Buddhas in Afghanistan.

Where they fired rockets into the faces of the Bamiyan Buddha statues and shot at them with artillery.

My family are Chinese Buddhists, and they were absolutely horrified when the Bamiyan Buddhas were destroyed.

In fact that event was the reason why the Spring Temple Buddha was built in China, which is currently the largest statue of any kind in the world.

Well seeing recent events I dont blame the local police either.

Who wants to pro-actively stop a terrorist threat and then get hounded 8 years later ?
Arey don't say that. Hasnt Mr. @Joe Shearer told you about due process of law. Until and unless a terrorist fires upon you or does a blast you can't touch them. You have to arrest them, bring them to court try them blah blah blah and ten years later somebody will release them

Last edited by a moderator:
@Chinesedragon
really bamiyan was a sad story about which helpless and peaceful buddhists couldnt do a thing.atleast india protested but ur friendly ally pakistanis were celebrating then.as long as some tribal cults which are in disuguise of peaceful religions exist on this earth there wont be any peace on it.hopefully china and japan also join hands against such brutal cults and make this world a safer place to live in

Last edited by a moderator:
i know how hurt i was seeing the images of taliban blasting those statues of the great buddha.indians hold buddha in high regard.siddhartha,gautam are the common names in india.if buddhists maintain silence on the atrocities of muslims committed against them in various parts of the world like china,myanmar soon a day will come when there wont be any buddhists on this planet.i hope all the buddhist countries condemn bomb blast in bodh gaya officially

Five blasts inside Mahabodhi temple in Bihar's Bodhgaya district; two injured

Bodhgaya: Two people have been reportedly injured in a series of blasts in Mahabodhi temple in Bihar's Bodhgaya district. The first blast took place at 5:15 am, followed by four more explosions inside the temple complex.

Another bomb was reportedly found near the temple, and was defused.

Reports say the blasts were of low-intensity and there has been no damage to the temple shrine.

There were not too many people inside the temple. The injured, reportedly a Buddhist monk and a pilgrim, have been rushed to a hospital.

Chief Minister Nitish Kumar is expected to visit the area later today.

The temple premises have been cordoned off. Reports say security has been beefed up in and around other religious sites of the district.

Five blasts inside Mahabodhi temple in Bihar's Bodhgaya district; two injured | NDTV.com

Looks like terrorist plan got foiled on itself.... PREMATURE DETONATION :sleep:

Can't be worse than the destruction of the Bamiyan Buddhas in Afghanistan.

Where they fired rockets into the faces of the Bamiyan Buddha statues and shot at them with artillery.

My family are Chinese Buddhists, and they were absolutely horrified when the Bamiyan Buddhas were destroyed.

In fact that event was the reason why the Spring Temple Buddha was built in China, which is currently the largest statue of any kind in the world.

Even till today I think about this. Those bastards could have asked other countries to move the statues to other countries..but instead they preferred to fire rockets onto those famous statues..why? I can never understand this type of hatred which is causing lot of hardship to this world...

GAYA: Nine serial explosions rocked the Mahabodhi Temple complex in Bodh Gaya on Monday, leaving at least five people injured.

Union home secretary Anil Goswami confirmed that the Mahabodhi blasts were a terror attack.

According to Gaya Police, the blasts took place in quick succession between 5.30 am and 6 am in the temple complex and near the Mahabodhi tree.

While four blasts took place inside the Mahabodhi Temple complex, three occurred in Karmapa monastery, one each near near the 80-ft Buddha statue and at the bus stand near bypass, DIG Magadh range Nayyer Hussnain Khan said.

Arvind Singh, a member of Mahabodhi Temple Management Commitee said two other bombs, one near the 80 feet statue and one at bus stand have been defused.

Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar and DGP Abhyanand have left for Bodh Gaya by road.

The two injured tourists, including a national of Myanmar and another of Tibet, are being treated at hospital, police said.

Additional director general of police (Law and Order) SK Bhardwaj said prima facie it seems the serial blasts have been done by some terrorist organisation.

CRPF personnel and fire tenders have been rushed to the spot.

Mahabodhi temple had been on the hit list of the terrorists and IB had sent an alert last week. The temple was named a Unesco world heritage site in 2002.

It houses the holy Bodhi Tree as well as the giant Mahabodhi statue of Buddha, and multiple shrines marking the places where he is believed to have spent time after his enlightenment.
Serial blasts rock Mahabodhi Temple in Bodh Gaya; terror attack, Centre says - The Times of India

mahabodhi-temple-bodhgaya.jpg

BODHGAYA%20TEMPLE.jpg

What could be more ironic and shameful than the fact that this dastardly act has taken place at a temple of religion whose bedrock is Tolerance and Non voilence. :sad:

I can only see two motives, Buddhist-Rohingya riots in Myanmar, or bomb blast to scare the tourists away(after the nanga parbat massacre).

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom