What's new

Five Americans Arrested in Islamabad

I never understood so much hatred for America in pakistan.
And that too among the well to do elite section of pakistan that've benefited the most out of this alliance.

I mean this is a country which has been ur ally since the beginning..gave u all kinds military and financial assistance and continues to do so ...even turned an blind eye to ur nukes program.
Also gave tacit approval to ur Taliban boys while they were going medieval in Afganistan till 9/11 occured.

I can understand an Afgan hating for america ,but why pakistanis?

PS:We see such hupla when bunch of Blackwater guys seen on the streets and even being accused of terror attcks ...obviously they must have valid visas and proper documnets on them.dont they??

And that too among the well to do elite section of pakistan that've benefited the most out of this alliance.

I mean this is a country which has been ur ally since the beginning..gave u all kinds military and financial assistance and continues to do so ...even turned an blind eye to ur nukes program.
Also gave tacit approval to ur Taliban boys while they were going medieval in Afganistan till 9/11 occured.

PS:We see such hupla when bunch of Blackwater guys seen on the streets and even being accused of terror attcks ...obviously they must have valid visas and proper documnets on them.dont they??

Speak for yourself pal, in case you have forgotten to read the 30 years of topsy turby relations with the states, not everyone hates America, atleast the ones who know everything is an ends to a means.

Acts like Presller Amendment did not help swave mass public alignment towards the PRO America band wagon. Large scale double politics and vested interests have maligned both sides of this love/hate relationship.

Do you forget the nexus behind brand "Taliban", RE: Blackwater! I have always maintained they are a nothing, irrelevant we have worked with some of their ops covering USAID workers in Mansehra etc... but (Conspiracy theorists will be Conspiracy Theorists)

Your comments highlight just how little you know of the complexity of the dysfunctional union between the US and IRP.

Speak for yourself pal, in case you have forgotten to read the 30 years of topsy turby relations with the states, not everyone hates America, atleast the ones who know everything is an ends to a means.

Acts like Presller Amendment did not help swave mass public alignment towards the PRO America band wagon. Large scale double politics and vested interests have maligned both sides of this love/hate relationship.

Do you forget the nexus behind brand "Taliban", RE: Blackwater! I have always maintained they are a nothing, irrelevant we have worked with some of their ops covering USAID workers in Mansehra etc... but (Conspiracy theorists will be Conspiracy Theorists)

Your comments highlight just how little you know of the complexity of the dysfunctional union between the US and IRP.

sir,

To be honest my knowledge about "union between the US and IRP " may be slightly more than u've assumed.

In my humble opinion i would say ruling elite of pakistan had never been very vocal about their cordial relations with US...although there were few hiccups like Presller Amendments ...as fate would have none of it ... and as the history shows US and pakistan often brought closer towards each other from time to time based on the events that unfolded themselves over the period time at that part of the world.

At the same,what i meant say is, though pakistan ruling elite got adequte benifit from their lasting relations with the USA...they hardly ever seriously combated the anti US feeling espoused by certain section of pakistani society . Its seemingly hypocritical that one hand pakistan has been receiving regular assiantance from the USA,on the other hand when people "shout death to america",there has not been much endeavour, in fact a failure on part of ruling elite of pakistan to come out vocally aganist such negative opinions and showcase positive aspect of huge contributions made by USA historically, be it military or economic , towards the betterment and strengthening of the the state of pakistan .

Let me give u the example of the Drone attacks...though such attacks come only after covert understandings and approvals of both Pakistan army and GOP...but on the outside, GOP approch has been very evasive and noncommittal on either in clarifying its actual position or making it clear such attacks are incat in pakistans best interests as it eliminates taliban terrorist that hiding inside its territories...it just lets USA alone to take all the heat and the resentments it causes because of such attacks for which pakistan is equally responsible.

Neither side is completely innocent, but the least we can do is admit at least this much.

As for Blackwater, I'd like to hear your views in detail, on a more relevant thread. There is so much mystery surrounding it, but the idea of a foreign security agency being established inside Pakistan is not one most Pakistanis will (or even should) be open to.

Well said..Pak and US has love hate relationship...they can't live without each other...but for sure ,their love and hate is so intense, that no villain can take the heat.....lolzz...well so many try play villain...

Neither side is completely innocent, but the least we can do is admit at least this much.

As for Blackwater, I'd like to hear your views in detail, on a more relevant thread. There is so much mystery surrounding it, but the idea of a foreign security agency being established inside Pakistan is not one most Pakistanis will (or even should) be open to.

Indeed i agree some issues can and should be discussed, but Blackwater is not the only Foriegn PSC operating in Pakistan:

Other's include:
Hill & Associates - Hill & Associates – Risk Management & Business Intelligence

Wackenhut Security - Pakistan Home

Pinkerton Government Services (work via Security2000 in Pakistan) -www.security2000.com/

Dynacrorp (Provide Logistical Support to USAID Projects in PAK/AF) -http://www.dyncorprecruiting.com/ext/cojobs.asp?ProgID=31

ADT Security Pakistan have a branch in Pakistan: ADT Security - ADT Pakistan

Aon Risk have offices in Karachi :www.aon.com/

SOS International have a permanently stationed ERT in Islamabad: International SOS - Medical and Security Solutions, Products and Assistance

And these are the ones i have come across during my time. So you can see this is nothing new, but you are right we need to atleast have some checks and balances. If Pakistani companies are subject to the Pakistan Private Security Agencies Regulations/Contols: Punjab Private Security Companies (Regulation and Control) Ordinance 2002

This should be applied across the board, more importantly the smaller consultants should be brought under this law, there are a plethora of private consultants working for foreign organisations.

As far as US security firms concern. First US security firm from Texas was brought by ex army officer in Pakistan(1997) for Banks cash handling. Not American came himself. I think its name was Brinks.

As far as US security firms concern. First US security firm from Texas was brought by ex army officer in Pakistan(1997) for Banks cash handling. Not American came himself. I think its name was Brinks.

You are very right sir, he brought the franchise... Which later became Phoenix Armour-www.phoenix.com.pk/

What utter stupidity and obsession with Americans we have, when our home grown talib animals are butchering our innocent people. For every 1 armed American in Pakistan, there are 10,000 armed jihadis in the country.

So much hatred in this thread and misinformation. I can see why there is large amount of taliban in pakistan.

What utter stupidity and obsession with Americans we have, when our home grown talib animals are butchering our innocent people. For every 1 armed American in Pakistan, there are 10,000 armed jihadis in the country.

Exactly my viewpoint... :)

well majority of Pakistani thinks that America left us alone when we needed him most after Afghan soviet war. Back stabbed us with the sanctions. Also american support for dictators like Zia ul haq and Pervez Musharraf is also a cause of hate for US in Pakistan.

many of them is only bcz of american's

once again, highly doubt if this is true.pakistani urdu media = competition on who can make up the wildest "news."

Back
Top Bottom