What's new

Fitch raises Vietnam's credit rating

@Viet, I agree with mike2000, VN needs to completely move over to the Indian and western camp. The west introduced VN to real medicine and quoc ngu while the Chinese burnt VN history books and introduced fake traditional herbal medicines.

Look at this forum and see for yourself who are more friendlier to Viet members, West/Indians members or the PRC chinese members?

I encourage @Hu Songshan to move all Vietnamese related threads to the South Asia section. Several Chinese members had already proposed this idea. There will be less trolling.

See here, when I look at these Vietnamese pictures and drawings, I can mistaken them for some Indian tribe:

View attachment 145738
View attachment 145739
View attachment 145740
View attachment 145741

@Viet, you should celebrate Diwali, not Tet. :agree:

Well my friend Black flag.lol Lets not get ahead of ourselves. I didnt mean Vietnam has to move to South Asia or whatever, for its doesnt belong to South Asia at all, Vietnam is still a south east Asian country and with much more similarities with its east Asian peers of which China is the main one(both culturally, and politically). The sad truth is that you cant change your culture/ethnic origin/where you are born or who you are, no matter how much you try.

What i meant was that Vietnam should look up for its own interests and only its interests like any country should do. Very often i think Vietnam is not doing this simply because its afraid of annoying its long time Patron Russia(its a similar case with India, albeit to a lesser degree). As i said Countries dont have 'Friends' and never will, its all about interests. So a country can/will Change its alliance with another as their interests/world view changes. It was the case during the Sino-soviet split and after the fall of Soviet Union, China and Russia interests both converge now reason they are coming closer and closer together to challenge the 'evil/hegemonistic' west and same with U.S-Japan relations from nemensis/bitter ennemies before the war to closeallies after world war II until today(again things might change in future), etc. Interests are always paramount over anything else. So if Vietnam's interests will be better served by it getting closer to the U.S/West then so be it, Vietnam shouldnt think it owes anything to Russia. It should forge its foreign policies independently of Moscow, same with India. However both country can still carry on trading with each , since Trade/Business should be seperated from Politics/alliances, just like China-U.S or China- Japan trade, who despite still being fierce rivals(or ennemies some will say) they still trade with each other more than any country on planet earth.

So other smaller countries shouldnt be fooled by all the noise/posture China, U.S, Japan make, for despite all these they still carry on with their business like nothing happen and keep growing more and more together, so other countries in the region: India, Pakistan, Philippines, Vietnam, Bengladesh etc shouldnt fall for all this trick/rhethoric, they should learn to seperate business from politics and improve their trade/living standards irregardless of the country they trade with. So Vietnam shouldn't stop/damage its trade with China and Russia even if it allies/comes closer to the West/U.S/Japan. These are two different things

Last edited:
Well my friend Black flag.lol Lets not get ahead of ourselves. I didnt mean Vietnam has to move to South Asia or whatever, for its doesnt belong to South Asia at all, Vietnam is still a south east Asian country and with much more similarities with its east Asian peers of which China is the main one(both culturally, and politically). The sad truth is that you cant change your culture /ethnic origin/where you are born or who you are, no matter how much you try.

You can change culture. In fact, the culture of Vietnamese youth, like Chinese youth, are already westernised.

P.S. Business do go hand in hand with Politics. Have you already forgotten about the rare-earth saga during the previous sino-japan bitch-fest several years ago?

You can change culture. In fact, the culture of Vietnamese youth, like Chinese youth, are already westernised.

P.S. Business do go hand in hand with Politics. Have you already forgotten about the rare-earth saga during the previous sino-japan bitch-fest several years ago?

Well yes while i agree with you that our values/way has affected/impacted virtually the whole world, This doesnt means Vietnamese/Chinese/Japanese/korean youth/people/country have abdandoned their own culture altogether, nor will they abandon their writing system/language etc. They all still have the confucian values which emphasizes family loyalty, ancestor worship, respect of elders by their children and of husbands by their wives, or family as a basis for ideal government. etc. So yes you can be impacted/affected by our culture/values/way of life, but that doesnt mean they have all foregone their culture altogether, i noticed this myself when i visited Japan.south Korea and China(though havent been to Vietnam yet, but i guess its similar). None of them deny their values/culture is not based/influenced by Confucius nor do they think they are not part of east Asia(though some Japnese regard themselves as different from Asia, and closer tot he west i must confess.:D).

Well yes while i agree with you that our values/way has affected/impacted virtually the whole world, This doesnt means Vietnamese/Chinese/Japanese/korean youth/people/country have abdandoned their own culture altogether, nor will they abandon their writing system/language etc.

VietNam has already abandoned Hanzi for the Latin script. Korea has also abandoned Hanzi.

They all still have the confucian values which emphasizes family loyalty, ancestor worship, respect of elders by their children and of husbands by their wives, or family as a basis for ideal government. etc. So yes you can be impacted/affected by our culture/values/way of life, but that doesnt mean they have all foregone their culture altogether, i noticed this myself when i visited Japan.south Korea and China(though havent been to Vietnam yet, but i guess its similar). None of them deny their values/culture is not based/influenced by Confucius nor do they think they are not part of east Asia(though some Japnese regard themselves as different from Asia, and closer tot he west i must confess.:D).

Try googling "Forget filial piety. Young chinese are fed up with the old."

And I think you've missed out on all my threads on euthanasia and the high rates of elderly suicide in East Asian countries.

I've made one mistake in my previous post. Not all Vietnamese and Chinese youth are westernised, some are Koreanised.

LOl. HK was British colony for 150 yrs. Chinese culture is very prominent in HK. A british journalist once quoted in a documentary I saw, "After 150 years of British rule, Hong Kong is still very--Chinese."

VietNam has already abandoned Hanzi for the Latin script. Korea has also abandoned Hanzi.

Try googling "Forget filial piety. Young chinese are fed up with the old."

And I think you've missed out on all my threads on euthanasia and the high rates of elderly suicide in East Asian countries.

I've made one mistake in my previous post. Not all Vietnamese and Chinese youth are westernised, some are Koreanised.

yes highest suicide rate is Japan. I believe you to be Hindu the more i read your posts.

:lol:

LOl. HK was British colony for 150 yrs. Chinese culture is very prominent in HK. A british journalist once quoted in a documentary I saw, "After 150 years of British rule, Hong Kong is still very--Chinese."

yes highest suicide rate is Japan. I believe you to be Hindu the more i read your posts.

:lol:

Depends on what your definition of "Chinese" is. If they dont wear hanfu to the supermarket, then I won't consider them as real chinese.

Highest suicide rate in East Asia is South Korea. It will be ironic if their suicide rate is higher than North Korea.

Why am I an Indian? I thought I'm Vietnamese according to some members?

Depends on what your definition of "Chinese" is. If they dont wear hanfu to the supermarket, then I won't consider them as real chinese.

Highest suicide rate in East Asia is South Korea. It will be ironic if their suicide rate is higher than North Korea.

Why am I an Indian? I thought I'm Vietnamese according to some members?

A culture is not just about wearing clothes it's more than that. A white man wearing a hanfu does not make him Chinese or a Chinese wearing a suit does not make him white. A Chinese speaking English does not make him white or a white person speaking Chinese does not make him Chinese.

A culture is not just about wearing clothes it's more than that. A white man wearing a hanfu does not make him Chinese or a Chinese wearing a suit does not make him white. A Chinese speaking English does not make him white or a white person speaking Chinese does not make him Chinese.

You are deep. I like you.

But my dear, we're getting a bit off-topic. This thread was originally about VietNam and Fitch. Let's leave it at that.

you bet if there is a vote among southeast countries, every one would be happy to kick vietnam out of southeast asia, so south asia is your ultimate destination.

your dream is so ugly, Pig !!!

wealll, such is life...:partay:

Simple pleasures that we Get to enjoy. ;)

beware of vietnamese women today. they look nice, but can be aggressive and make your life to hell :D
View attachment 145725

Hahaha! O wow, you're gonna give me a heart Ak ak Ak ak ! (Referring Billy Joel here...lol)

@mike2000

I guess, you could get 500$ to eat up that bowl.

Super Bowl Pho Challenge – $500 Cash Prize
View attachment 145781

Can you finish this Super Pho Bowl? There is a $500 Cash Prize at I Luv Pho Vietnamese Noodle Soup & Grill in Duluth, Georgia waiting for you to claim. I Luv Pho specializes in fresh cooked noodle and rice dishes ranging from traditional Vietnamese favorites to fusion creations and vegetarian options. They have a uniquely elegant dining experience with a casual atmosphere.

View attachment 145782

Oh trust me I could eat that bowl of pho with no problem lol. I'd request more beef flank and tripe. Extra Sri racha sauce too! So mouth watery!

Last edited:
must be the make up
make-up (with different hairstyle) can change everything. it is the same women: Truong Ngoc Anh

42abe34bbab901ac3d437cab4d7e992a.jpg

8ba275b4cbb999dba7d9d0c143464886.jpg

Back
Top Bottom